JPJ almost leaving the band

zooma

I haven't seen TSRTS in many years, but my favorite part of those fantasy sequences was Jonesy going "Fee Fi Fo FUM!" :lol: I need to see that again. He was pretty hot when he took off that mask, too :P

I haven't seen TSRTS in many years, but my favorite part of those fantasy sequences was Jonesy going "Fee Fi Fo FUM!" :lol: I need to see that again. He was pretty hot when he took off that mask, too :P

I just wish they could've gotten him a better wig...

evster!!!!! what happened to your avatar???

where is the

"i've had 8 beers, i'm smoking while i wait for 9, you don't know shit so get outta my face" avatar that we have all come to know and throw darts at?

seriously, that's a joke: the "coming to know" part.... :lol:

...only two exceptions here, a 3/10/81 jam on 'Goin Down' with Jeff Beck at the Odeon

in Hammersmith (which he never seems to recall :lol: ) and his studio work on the 'Death Wish II Soundtrack' completed in eight weeks (Sep-Oct 1981) to meet the deadline.

Sorry if this post is a bit too far back to quote, but, there had to be AT LEAST 3 exceptions; The noted 2, and the overdubbing for "We're Gonna Groove" from Coda. Unless Jimmy hired another guitarist for overdubbing (which is less likely than pigs flying :lol: )

evster!!!!! what happened to your avatar???

where is the

"i've had 8 beers, i'm smoking while i wait for 9, you don't know shit so get outta my face" avatar that we have all come to know and throw darts at?

seriously, that's a joke: the "coming to know" part.... :lol:

Haha! I was in a mood. I'll bring it back eventually. :lol:

Unfortunately, the new forum won't support my regular avi because of file size... :beer:

EvGulpyFINAL.gif

Haha! I was in a mood. I'll bring it back eventually. :lol:

Unfortunately, the new forum won't support my regular avi because of file size... :beer:

EvGulpyFINAL.gif

buddy, THAT one is not only killer, but it made me thirsty.....

• 2 years later...

This is the ninth part of the transcript of Steve Sauer's interview with John Paul Jones, conducted Dec. 10, 2001.

SS: Winchester Cathedral. I read that you wanted to be choirmaster there.

JPJ: It was a joke. Somebody said, "Do you like being on the road?" I said, "No, I'm… I'm…" You know. "I'm gonna… I saw this advert for a job for the organist out by the cathedral. I'm gonna bide for that. I'm gonna take that. I'm gonna apply for that." It was one of those things.

SS: When that was supposed to happen coincided with that month that you took off from Led Zeppelin. It was December 1973. Is that a fabricated lie too? …Where you wanted to…?

JPJ: There was a point, yes, where I think I'd got fed up with it all, 'cause we were touring [a lot] and really working hard and I'd had enough of it for a while. And I wasn't going to get another job. [Laughing] I wouldn’t call [that] a job! 'Cause a cathedral organist, that was what I wanted to be when I was 16. I was too young to go to college so I went on the road instead.

SS: So I guess if that stuff's not true, that you wanted to leave to be a choirmaster and all that…

JPJ: Should we be debunking all of this?

SS: Yeah!

JPJ: …Because isn't that part of our whole thing? I mean, you don't really want to tell people… Wouldn't they rather believe that I left to be a choirmaster in Westminster?

SS: There's a phrase that we have 'cause of the show The X Files, "The truth is out there." I think that…

JPJ: Oh, all right. Do you want to know the truth? If the truth was in here, there wouldn’t be more X files!

SS: [Laughing] Yeah, true.

JPJ: [Laughing]

http://www.ledzeppelinnews.com/2001/12/john-paul-jones-wanting-to-leave-led.html

----------------------------------------

...and so it seems JPJ has the first and last laugh....

Archived