If Led Zeppelin re-forms I don't think they should be called Led Zeppelin

1) Led Zeppelin died with John Bonham (they can be called Led Zeppelin during reunions, like the 2007 one, but for a band doing new material I think it's dead)

2) It's been 30 years since they've recorded new material. Anything they recorded today wouldn't have the same quality as before and the expectations would be way too high. They're all so much older and they've done so much in the time between.

So, ideas for a new name?

my mind's a blank... anything i'll say will be lame. i'll say it anyways:

New Led Zeppelin

Swan Song

Old Zep

1) Led Zeppelin died with John Bonham (they can be called Led Zeppelin during reunions, like the 2007 one, but for a band doing new material I think it's dead)

2) It's been 30 years since they've recorded new material. Anything they recorded today wouldn't have the same quality as before and the expectations would be way too high. They're all so much older and they've done so much in the time between.

New Led Zeppelin

Swan Song

Old Zep

New name "the song remains the same" or LED ZEPPELIN for short .......look if the WHO can call themselves the WHO ;with 2 members in it and Pink Floyd with out roger waters; then led zeppelin can call them selves led zeppelin.

There's no way that Page, Plant Jones & Bonham Jr will take to the stage and not be called Led Zeppelin.

But, just to be sociable what about The Rovers Return! Of course, they'd have to play in Manchester.

New Led Zeppelin

Swan Song

Old Zep

With regards to the above there is only one name --- Led Zeppelin. At Knebworth Jason played with the band as his father watched. After watching his son play with the band John Bonham said "This is the first time I have seen Led Zeppelin live". If Bonzo saw them as Zeppelin than who are we to disagree. I saw them at the O2 and they were Zeppelin- No more No less - It was just perfection. Peace

Whatever Page, Plant, Jonsey and Bonham want to call themselves is what is the right thing for them.

They could call themselves The Vegetables and I'd still want to see them and purchase new tunes, and so would millions of other fans.

Time and age can enhance many things, including music.

Seeing and hearing the reunion concert, I think the alchemy is very strong between the members and we all know they all have tremendous tallent.

New Led Zeppelin

Swan Song

Old Zep

:mad: Oh.......okay, I see what you mean. Just like the when Keith Moon died (drummer from the Who) they changed their name to "THE WHO" . Just like sooooo many other groups did when they lost a drummer or another member of the band. Like Styx, or Lynard Skynard etc..... they changed their name too. NOT Oh yeah, even Pink Floyd. Anyhow, IT'S JIMMY'S BAND. AND HE IS THE HEAD MASTER OF LED ZEPPELIN. And they will always be none other than Led Zeppelin. Even when they've ALL past on. So PISS OFF. :duel:

Whatever Page, Plant, Jonsey and Bonham want to call themselves is what is the right thing for them.

They could call themselves The Vegetables and I'd still want to see them and purchase new tunes, and so would millions of other fans.

Time and age can enhance many things, including music.

Seeing and hearing the reunion concert, I think the alchemy is very strong between the members and we all know they all have tremendous tallent.

RIGHT ON, AMEN AND ALL THAT GOOD STUFF!

I feel the same way too.

And by the way, that is a perfect picture! :thumbsup:

Queen +PR (Freddie Mercury passed; John Deacon retired from touring)

Deep Purple (as previously mentioned: many lineup changes: Bolin, Coverdale, Blackmore, Jon Lord no longer in band/touring with band)

The Who (Moon and Entwistle passed)

The Stones (Brian Jones passed, Bill Wyman retired and Mick Jones no longer in band)

KISS (Ace Frehley and Peter Criss no longer in band; Eric Carr and Mark St. John passed; Vinnie Vincent and Bruce Kulick no longer in band)

Journey (Steve Perry, Steve Smith, Ansley Dunbar, Randy Jackson, etc ... no longer in band)

Fleetwood Mac (Peter Green & Christine McVie no longer in band)

Pink FLoyd (mentioned above, too; Roger Waters no longer in band)

These are just some of the top selling/ biggest bands over the past 30+ years that have also had members either pass and/or leave the band and they're still together.

John Bonham's passing was so unfortunate. It is wonderful that his son, Jason, could be part of the reunion concerts and special one-offs. Whether they tour and/or record as Led Zeppelin is completely up to them.

R B)

I've never had a problem with this to be honest.

I was so upset two years ago when after winning tickets I couldnt see 'Guns N' Roses,' sure Axl is the only original member (although Izzy Stradlin was on the '06 tour) but the band still kicks ass and the new lineup of musicians Axl has got is brilliant.

It doesnt bother me unless a sub-standard band has been assembled to rattle off greatest hits by an original member and are using the name just to put bums on seats.

Also, Page/Plant/Jones/Bonham just hasnt got the same ring to it has it?

And even if they did change the name people would still say 'I'm going to the LED ZEPPELIN concert.' In the same way I went to see Riders on the Storm last year and everybody was saying they were seeing the Doors, which to be fair they were as it was the closest thing that there is to it.

Deep Purple

:lol: Yep, any small gathering of people can call themselves that.

More seriously I think the absurdity in the thread title actually says it all. If these four guys play together people already see them as Led Zeppelin. So, just call them what they are, that's all. And if they were to do it, it wouldn't be any disrespect to Bonzo's memory either. Rather, if they create good new music that would be the best way imaginable to honor his memory. I am confident they can do just that - but only if they all want to, of course. Led Zeppelin music doesn't even sound right unless all the band members are playing their asses off, giving everything they've got. If Robert for instance doesn't want to he shouldn't - or he'll sound like he did when he was singing 'Shake My Tree' with Pagey. :lol:

So.......Where is Zeppelincheeta (or however it's spelt). Well, we are all waiting for a reply. In fact, isn't that what you were looking for when you posted your question? Hmmmm....maybe you're not getting the reply that you are looking for?

:whistling: waiting.........................................................

Let's get a response heh? :hippy:

Hi,

Sorry to say this zeppelincheeta but your talking a big pile of shit, and I'm afraid I'm also gonna have to mock this dumb idea. With the amount of success them guys have had under that name why would they want to change it, it's such a well known bad name these days that you'll never be able to pick a better name.

Also if they change the name people who want to get into zep won't know who the fuck they are if there not called Led Zeppelin.

Stop being a dummy!

Cheers

Page + Plant + Jones + Bonham = LED ZEPPELIN.

Jason BONHAM is the heir apparent to the drum kit, by family AND by musical merit.

Now stop posting such silly shit. :lol:

Oh yeah...on that above post on the Stones- you mean Mick TAYLOR, dontcha? :P

They can call themselves whatever they want but it would still be Led Zeppelin. They showed in the O2 show that even if they aren't as good as they were in 1971, they still blow 99% of the bands out there out of the water. And nobody is as good as they were when they were in their 20s. If Page, Plant, Jones, and Bonham reform they have the right to call themselves Led Zeppelin because they own the band and have that right.

How about theZeppelincheaters,zeppelincheetah?

Just ribbing you,I take no offense at your post.

If they do regroup,and their only goal is the the western shore....I'll stick with Led Zeppelin.

Seems to me a no win situation. Some people will be upset if they call themselves Led Zeppelin without Bonzo. Others will be upset if they changed their name because no matter what they call themselves, people will view them as Zep. Ultimately, they'll choose to do what they want and if they do something together, how they present it will be up to them.

Whatever gave you such a silly idea :rolleyes: Led Zeppelin will always be Led Zeppelin as long as the RP, JP, JPJ together are in it.

To the question of IF they will reform, of course they won't. Not by a very long shot. After all these years Robert Plant hasn't seem to have changed his sentiments towards John Bonham's death. In a interview from recent years, quote "The heart of the band was gone, and to get a new drummer will change the dynamics of the original band, it will not be the same." Whatever that means to him, it sounds like a big NO to a common listener. O2 doesn't seem to have changed any of that judging by his cold attitude towards the prospect of reuniting. I think that even without the resounding success of Raising Sand, he still wouldn't budge. Even while John Bonham was alive he would not play as Led Zep without the other three. I wonder how he feels about Jason Bonham apart from filling in at O2, he is a Bonham afterall however is not really who Robert Plant knew as a kid ...

Whatever gave you such a silly idea :rolleyes: Led Zeppelin will always be Led Zeppelin as long as the RP, JP, JPJ together are in it.

To the question of IF they will reform, of course they won't. Not by a very long shot. After all these years Robert Plant hasn't seem to have changed his sentiments towards John Bonham's death. In a interview from recent years, quote "The heart of the band was gone, and to get a new drummer will change the dynamics of the original band, it will not be the same." Whatever that means to him, it sounds like a big NO to a common listener. O2 doesn't seem to have changed any of that judging by his cold attitude towards the prospect of reuniting. I think that even without the resounding success of Raising Sand, he still wouldn't budge. Even while John Bonham was alive he would not play as Led Zep without the other three. I wonder how he feels about Jason Bonham apart from filling in at O2, he is a Bonham afterall however is not really who Robert Plant knew as a kid ...

In regards to your statement about Robert at the end of your post, you stated ....."Even while John Bonham was alive he would not play as Led Zep without the other three." But isn't that EXACTLY what Plant did at the O2 Arena? He sang WITHOUT all three of the other members. Not to be rude, but your statement totally contradicts itself. It's completely hippocritical. And he felt WONDERFUL about Jason filling in at the O2. Robert may not have grown up with Jason, but he knew him since he was born, (with he and Bonzo being best buddies). He was very close with his best friends son.

NUFF SAID.

Queen +PR (Freddie Mercury passed; John Deacon retired from touring)

Deep Purple (as previously mentioned: many lineup changes: Bolin, Coverdale, Blackmore, Jon Lord no longer in band/touring with band)

The Who (Moon and Entwistle passed)

The Stones (Brian Jones passed, Bill Wyman retired and Mick Jones no longer in band)

KISS (Ace Frehley and Peter Criss no longer in band; Eric Carr and Mark St. John passed; Vinnie Vincent and Bruce Kulick no longer in band)

Journey (Steve Perry, Steve Smith, Ansley Dunbar, Randy Jackson, etc ... no longer in band)

Fleetwood Mac (Peter Green & Christine McVie no longer in band)

Pink FLoyd (mentioned above, too; Roger Waters no longer in band)

These are just some of the top selling/ biggest bands over the past 30+ years that have also had members either pass and/or leave the band and they're still together.

John Bonham's passing was so unfortunate. It is wonderful that his son, Jason, could be part of the reunion concerts and special one-offs. Whether they tour and/or record as Led Zeppelin is completely up to them.

R B)

Page + Plant + Jones + Bonham = LED ZEPPELIN.

Jason BONHAM is the heir apparent to the drum kit, by family AND by musical merit.

Now stop posting such silly s#@*. :lol:

Oh yeah...on that above post on the Stones- you mean Mick TAYLOR, dontcha? :P

Yes. Mick Taylor (I was writing quickly). Thankz.

Mick Jones is the guitarist for Foreigner and there's another Mick Jones (from The Clash who founded Big Audio Dynamite).

R B)

Archived