Any other amp builders out there?

I've been jonesing for that kit but I don't have the cash right now. My soldering skills are a bit rusty as well so I think I'll bone up on cables and pedals in the mean time. I've got a '67 Traynor that needs to be recapped and gone through as well so that should make for a nice primer project. And then there's my Marshal...come to think of it I have plenty of repair work to hone my soldering chops with!

great choice! those metroamps sound spectacular, and the kits are a great deal, you learn a bunch building the amp, can make any mods you want yourself, and end up getting amazing tone that sounds just as good or better as the current production Marshall JTM45 copies, for, what is it? around a grand? I'm thinking of getting one myself to work on as a summer project.

great choice! those metroamps sound spectacular, and the kits are a great deal, you learn a bunch building the amp, can make any mods you want yourself, and end up getting amazing tone that sounds just as good or better as the current production Marshall JTM45 copies, for, what is it? around a grand? I'm thinking of getting one myself to work on as a summer project.

Yup, mine cost just a tad over $1000, WITH UPGRADES!!! Metro amps are just spectacular. Mine is coming tomarrow. CANT WAIT!!

I've been jonesing for that kit but I don't have the cash right now. My soldering skills are a bit rusty as well so I think I'll bone up on cables and pedals in the mean time. I've got a '67 Traynor that needs to be recapped and gone through as well so that should make for a nice primer project. And then there's my Marshal...come to think of it I have plenty of repair work to hone my soldering chops with!

Ceriatone has a JTM 45 kit that is a fair bit cheaper than Metropoulus, you'll have to make do without the head cabinet, but you can order one from elsewhere for only a couple hundred or so.

Ceriatone has a JTM 45 kit that is a fair bit cheaper than Metropoulus, you'll have to make do without the head cabinet, but you can order one from elsewhere for only a couple hundred or so.

Thanks, yeah I've seen that but if I do it I'm going to go full tilt and get the metro. Someday! (hopefully soon)

Archived