I have a dilemma

Need some help here,

I booked tickets for the London International Music Show, where Joe Satriani and Jason Bonham (seperately) will be doing their stuff.

Problem is whilst Jason is doing his awsome drumming, something else awsome is also happening in the same place on a different stage the RD Crusaders - a band made up of members from my favourite bands - Roger Daltrey, Russ Ballard of Argent and Rick Wills of Bad Company will also be playing!

I had a similar situation at the Hyde Park Calling festival last year, I had to choose between Satriani and Chris Cornell. I deeply regret not picking Chris Cornell but I bet i would have regretted not picking Satriani.

Jason may of course be signing autographs at another point in the day.

Any help much appreciated!

"Supergroup" would imply a formed band of previously established musicians who would presumably have played together enough to put out an album or two, and perhaps done some touring together. This sounds like a one time all-star jam more than a supergroup. It might work out, but I've rarely felt the net product ever comes close to the anticipation of the sum of the individuals. They may lay back a little, not being so familiar with each other. Just a thought...

Choices Choices Choices Well it is tough Roger Daughtry or Jason Bonham . I would go with Bonham and wait for The Who to regroup or at least the Half thats left.But it is a tough one.I have seen Jason live and I dont believe You will be disapointed.Either way you win though.

I am going to London too, although you've probably sussed I am there to see (and hopefully meet) Jason :)

I was wondering, did you realise that you have to pay seperately for the Crusaders gig? Same with Satriani (it's an extra £15 to see him, and there are only 3000 tickets, so I would get in fast and book if you want to see him or the Crusaders).

Jason, along with Chad Smith and the other drummers, are performing for free...so that's all in with your entrance ticket.

Have a great time!

Thanks for all the advice everyone!

I got a ticket for the RD Crusaders, mainly as I'm as big a Who fan as I am a Zeppelin fan and I love Bad Company. Ive seen the Who twice before and Roger really doesnt disappoint!

And these events rarely run spot on time so I may get a glimpse of Jason.

Also, he may be signing autographs at another point.

I was wondering, did you realise that you have to pay seperately for the Crusaders gig? Same with Satriani (it's an extra £15 to see him, and there are only 3000 tickets, so I would get in fast and book if you want to see him or the Crusaders).

Jason, along with Chad Smith and the other drummers, are performing for free...so that's all in with your entrance ticket.

Have a great time!

Thanks, yeah I do I got a £5 discount when I booked a ticket for both the show and the Satriani gig together. Its kind of annoying as I'm a guitarist and so I'm there for the guitar show mainly and the only bands playing that stage you have to pay extra for.

I went to the show last year and Steve Vai was the VIP as it were for the guitar show and a ticket for around £20 got you in for both the performance and the show. However, last year it was just the London Guitar Show and it was relaticely small but this year its seems the whole of Excel is being taken over, so I guess you pay for the better event.

I dont mind paying extra for the RD Crusaders, its for Roger's charity the teenage Cancer Trust which is a great cause.

I've payed £40 overall but its worth it, there's gonna be 2 amazing gigs, autograph sessions, seminars and lots of drooling over guitars to do.

I CANT WAIT!

PS. There is something which caught my eye on the autograph/meeting the stars side of it. Rather annoyingly Satriani is signing autographs on the Saturday even though his concert is on the Sunday, they did this with Steve Vai last year as well :angry:. Its no doubt a way for you to spend more money to come to the event on more than one day.

Hopefully this wont be the case with Jason.

I'm currently thinking of using my exhibition ticket for the Saturday and then just going to the gigs on the Sunday seeing that I'm gonna be in London on the Saturday anyway as the London Centre of Contemporay Music have an open day and I'm thinking of applying there. Also the line up exhibitio looks better froma guitar perspective on the Saturday free concert wise.

I know, they really suck you in. I'm going to see Satriani for a second time next month. It costs another $215 on top of the ticket price to go meet him for a signing :o

Thats a lot of $$, last year I was lucky enough to be upgraded to the VIP area at a Hendrix DVD Premiere featuring a concert by Billy Cox and Mitch Mitchell with Gary Moore. The actual price for the VIP tickets was around £125+ ($250) and to be honest I wouldnt have payed it if I had the money. Billy Cox was more than happy to chat about Jimi, music and everything but Mitch Mitchell never turned up to the aftershow party and Gary Moore seemed rather moody.

To be fair I think Gary Moore wasnt used to whole meet and greet thing and it was more music journos and businessmen than rock fans, afterall the only reason I was in that area is because I was upgraded randomly.

I really was a lucky b**tard! However, it was around that time I didnt win Zeppelin tickets for the O2 so if I could have controlled where my luck went it would have been towards the Zep ballot!

I'm not doing it, I refuse to pay that much. What happened to meeting the fans after for FREE!

I think though all gigs now have meet and greet packages, however last year I went to see a great new(ish) band - Black Stone Cherry, cost me £10 to go to the gig and you got to meet them afterwards! Now thats value for money, the cheapest and arguably best gig I went to last year!

I also met guitar God Peter Green after a show and he signed stuff, same with John Mayall. Good to see some artists dont just do it for the money.

PS. There is something which caught my eye on the autograph/meeting the stars side of it. Rather annoyingly Satriani is signing autographs on the Saturday even though his concert is on the Sunday, they did this with Steve Vai last year as well :angry:. Its no doubt a way for you to spend more money to come to the event on more than one day.

Hopefully this wont be the case with Jason.

I'm currently thinking of using my exhibition ticket for the Saturday and then just going to the gigs on the Sunday seeing that I'm gonna be in London on the Saturday anyway as the London Centre of Contemporay Music have an open day and I'm thinking of applying there. Also the line up exhibitio looks better froma guitar perspective on the Saturday free concert wise.

I'm going to give them a call nearer the time to confirm signing days and times as I am coming down from East Yorkshire which is a 4 hour drive, so if this turns out to be the case, I will have to make the crappy decision..do I go to meet Jason or to see him play. That really sucks big time :(

Well, maybe the guy would be more relaxed and have more time on an off day. I just can't believe this whole arrangement, though. Fans shouldn't be treated like suckers - people should boycott this crap, regardless of their desire to see the "heros".

I'm going to give them a call nearer the time to confirm signing days and times as I am coming down from East Yorkshire which is a 4 hour drive, so if this turns out to be the case, I will have to make the crappy decision..do I go to meet Jason or to see him play. That really sucks big time :(

I think I may be overreacting, as Yngwie Malmsteen is both playing and signing on the Saturday, as I see it by having Satch play on the Sunday and sign on the Saturday this ensures lots of Satch fans will buy a ticket to the show itself as a ticket for his show does not gain you entry.

I very much doubt Jason will be doing both as he's show is part of the show itself and you dont need an extra ticket.

However it is a possibility so I would check anyway.

I think I may be overreacting, as Yngwie Malmsteen is both playing and signing on the Saturday, as I see it by having Satch play on the Sunday and sign on the Saturday this ensures lots of Satch fans will buy a ticket to the show itself as a ticket for his show does not gain you entry.

I very much doubt Jason will be doing both as he's show is part of the show itself and you dont need an extra ticket.

Update. I rang this afternoon and thankfully Jason is signing and playing on the Sunday. To say I was relieved was an understatement :)

ALCATRAZWAREHOUSE83YNGWIE1.jpg

Yngwie 1983 New Orleans LA at the Warehouse playing in Alcatraz with Rainbow vocalist Graham Bonnet

Good to hear all is well, I'm going on the Saturday now, as much as I love Jason, I've GOT to see Malmsteen and Paul Gilbert. Will be one hell of a shredfest thats for sure!

Also, Malmsteen and a Rainbow singer, that must've been awsome seeing how much Yngwie adores Ritchie Blackmore, shame Blackmore now prefers playing a lute to shredding on a guitar. Here's an idea how about a kind of Rainbow reunion with Malmsteen?

Here's a clip of Malmsteen playing a cover of Deep Purple's Burn: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se8MtmolOL8

Good to hear all is well, I'm going on the Saturday now, as much as I love Jason, I've GOT to see Malmsteen and Paul Gilbert. Will be one hell of a shredfest thats for sure!

Also, Malmsteen and a Rainbow singer, that must've been awsome seeing how much Yngwie adores Ritchie Blackmore, shame Blackmore now prefers playing a lute to shredding on a guitar. Here's an idea how about a kind of Rainbow reunion with Malmsteen?

Here's a clip of Malmsteen playing a cover of Deep Purple's Burn: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se8MtmolOL8

Take Me with you to see Mark Knopfler He is a outstading player.

Take Me with you to see Mark Knopfler He is a outstading player.

Wish I could alwizrd but I have another Dire Straits/Knopfler fan who is using the ticket!

He sure is an amazing player and the show reviews have been great. Its a shame he's almost always excluded from 'greatest guitarists' lists.

On the classic rock magazine I found this recent list with a distinct lack of Mark!

Bonkers Brazilian rock magazine Roadie Crew recently polled 330 (count ‘em!) top guitarists and asked them to name their own personal favourite six-string merchants of all time.

Members of Guns N’ Roses, Kiss, Megadeth, Scorpions, Twisted Sister, Blue Öyster Cult, Heart, Uriah Heep, Yes, Dio and more were among the people quizzed, and the Top 20 results are as follows:

01. Jimi Hendrix

02. Eddie Van Halen

03. Yngwie J. Malmsteen

04. Randy Rhoads

05. Ritchie Blackmore

06. Jimmy Page

07. Tony Iommi

08. Steve Vai

09. Jeff Beck

10. Michael Schenker

11. David Gilmour

12. Dimebag Darrell

13. Allan Holdsworth

14. Uli Jon Roth

15. Angus Young

16. James Hetfield

17. Brian May

18. Marty Friedman

19. Joe Satriani

20. Jason Becker

How the hell Angus Young and James Hetfield can beat Satriani is beyond me!

Wish I could alwizrd but I have another Dire Straits/Knopfler fan who is using the ticket!

He sure is an amazing player and the show reviews have been great. Its a shame he's almost always excluded from 'greatest guitarists' lists.

On the classic rock magazine I found this recent list with a distinct lack of Mark!

How the hell Angus Young and James Hetfield can beat Satriani is beyond me!

I was listening to a boot Deep Purple cd the other day with Joe on Guitar awesome .It was called Some kind of purple

I was listening to a boot Deep Purple cd the other day with Joe on Guitar awesome .It was called Some kind of purple

Yeah, Ive seen some YouTube vids of Joe with Purple and theyre awsome, shame he didnt decide to stay on but then Steve Morse is equally as brilliant, saw Purple Mk. 8 live last year in Brighton and Morse was on form, just stunning. I'm thinking of shelling out to see them again this year at the London Motor Show Music Festival.

Purple sure have had some aswome guitarists, Blackmore, Satriani and Morse are all guitar Gods!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm feeling slightly annoyed right now, on the London International Musis Show there's a list of the RD Crusaders performers and there's no mention of Roger Daltrey! :o

Lineup:

Peter Andre :rant: :'( - Hopefully he'll be on first so I can give him a miss.

Lulu - Same as above

Steve Harley - meh

Robert Hart - current Bad Company singer :D

Rick Wills - ex Bad Company bassist :D

Russ Ballard - from Argent

Simon Townshend - tour guitarist for The Who (Pete's younger brother)

Plus Special Guests

Despite the mini Bad Company reunion and Simon Townshend, its a pretty average lineup to be honest. I really hope the 'special guests' include Roger as on The Who website it said he would be there. Trouble is, it seems to have been taken down.

After the mini Bad Company reunion might leave and watch Jason if Roger doesnt show.

I'm feeling slightly annoyed right now, on the London International Musis Show there's a list of the RD Crusaders performers and there's no mention of Roger Daltrey! :o

Lineup:

Peter Andre :rant: :'( - Hopefully he'll be on first so I can give him a miss.

Lulu - Same as above

Steve Harley - meh

Robert Hart - current Bad Company singer :D

Rick Wills - ex Bad Company bassist :D

Russ Ballard - from Argent

Simon Townshend - tour guitarist for The Who (Pete's younger brother)

Plus Special Guests

Despite the mini Bad Company reunion and Simon Townshend, its a pretty average lineup to be honest. I really hope the 'special guests' include Roger as on The Who website it said he would be there. Trouble is, it seems to have been taken down.

After the mini Bad Company reunion might leave and watch Jason if Roger doesnt show.

I would maybe give MB Media a ring and ask if Roger will be appearing or not. If you recall, I rang them to ask about Jason's plans on the Sunday and they were really helpful. At least it may help you plan your day ahead of going if they can give you a yes or no.

I would maybe give MB Media a ring and ask if Roger will be appearing or not. If you recall, I rang them to ask about Jason's plans on the Sunday and they were really helpful. At least it may help you plan your day ahead of going if they can give you a yes or no.

Thanks for the advice I will email, I really like the sound of the Bad Company reunion of sorts but watching Peter Andre and Lulu perform is my worst nightmare!

As Simon Townshend will be there its a good sign as far as Roger is concerned as they have performed together before outside of The Who.

ADDED: By the way who did you contact, there are so many different names under the 'contact' section.

Right I have done some searching and It doesnt look good:

(From The Who forum)

Hi, All,

Roger is not going to be performing on Sunday 15th June at The London International Music Show after all. Something's come up and he can't make it.

Looks like the next time he'll take to the stage will be at the VH1 Rock Honors in July. That's going to be quite something!

So looks like half of Bad Company it is and then a few minutes of Jason.

VERY disappointed as it was because of Roger I booked tickets, ah well its all for charity so its still going to a good cause! :D

Archived