Anthony Kiedis on Chili Peppers Hiatus: “We Were Emotionally and Mentally Zapped”

Jahfin

20859778-20859781-slarge.jpg

[Photo: Getty]

With the announcement that he is curating the New American Music Festival (which features Bob Dylan, the Raconteurs, the Roots and Spoon, among others), Rock Daily caught up with Anthony Kiedis to talk about the state of his band, his thoughts on business and what exactly a curator does. “It’s not as easy as it sounded, like so many things,” says Kiedis. “Kind of like when a friend proposed that I write a book. I was like, ‘Sure, I’ll write a book.’ A year and a half later, it’s like, ‘What have I agreed to?’” Click here for the rest of the interview.

Thanks for the link, an interesting read. Stadium Arcadium was a big release, so no wonder they need a break I guess. There are some truly amazing songs on there, and it's funny (probably an accident, too) but there's actually a hint of traditional Icelandic music in one of them, 'Especially in Michigan'. One of my fave tunes by the Chilis. B) They're still going strong. :thumbsup: