Champions League Final

danelectro59

Really? I was thinking the score would be the other way around. I'm not a huge fan of Ronaldo, but how can he not score like crazy? Though, it doesn't matter to me either way who wins. Just hope it's a fun match.

I hope it turns out to be a great game. I could care less who won as long as the game is a show case. Both clubs have got loads of quality and it would be a real shame if they played, not to lose. I would love to see them play it like a first class English cup tie

I hope it turns out to be a great game. I could care less who won as long as the game is a show case. Both clubs have got loads of quality and it would be a real shame if they played, not to lose. I would love to see them play it like a first class English cup tie

:beer: I'd go along with that - I just hope it doesn't turn out to be a 'final of fear' with both teams so afraid of losing they turn it into a game similar to last years FA Cup final.

:beer: I'd go along with that - I just hope it doesn't turn out to be a 'final of fear' with both teams so afraid of losing they turn it into a game similar to last years FA Cup final.

That would be a shame. If it does turn out like that then it, will be the biggest waste of money that two clubs have ever spent and a real black eye for the game itself

sounds like maybe you're a liverpool or arsenal supporter :rolleyes:

united all the way, definitely. and it will be nemanja and rio's day as much as ronaldo's. but it will be probably a tight final. united still have what it takes, though, and i have a feeling tevez will score one tonight.

sounds like maybe you're a liverpool or arsenal supporter :rolleyes:

No I'm not. I'm A Rangers Man who'll be going to the Celtic supporters club to watch two English teams play a final on Moscow. How's that for a tounge twister :D Only in Canada eh...pity

Chelsea, I hope.I'd rather they won than Utd,but it gives me no great joy to think this. Reasons? A smug, triumphalist S.A.F is probably the worst spectacle in world sport. At least Avram Grant seems relatively humble and therefore bearable. Both clubs have spent a load of cash to get into this position and in doing so have become arrogant,graceless 'sporting brands'. The one exception to this seems to be Mr Grant, who still seems to behave like a fairly ordinary human and not an ignorant ogre or a petulant,spoilt brat. I note, in passing, that the P.R departments of each club have been working overtime feeding drivel to the grateful press in the last week or so. Ugly,just ugly. Chelsea, I guess, holding my nose and through gritted teeth.Thank you

Chelsea, I hope.I'd rather they won than Utd,but it gives me no great joy to think this. Reasons? A smug, triumphalist S.A.F is probably the worst spectacle in world sport. At least Avram Grant seems relatively humble and therefore bearable. Both clubs have spent a load of cash to get into this position and in doing so have become arrogant,graceless 'sporting brands'. The one exception to this seems to be Mr Grant, who still seems to behave like a fairly ordinary human and not an ignorant ogre or a petulant,spoilt brat. I note, in passing, that the P.R departments of each club have been working overtime feeding drivel to the grateful press in the last week or so. Ugly,just ugly. Chelsea, I guess, holding my nose and through gritted teeth.Thank you

:beer: CHELSKI - basically being the lesser of 2 evils I guess ? That would be the MAIN message I've been getting all day anyway.

have to say, that wasn't a bad first half - some great quality at times. United will be kicking themselves maybe - they could have been 2 or 3 ahead, had it not been for a fantastic piece of goalkeeping by Cech, and a miss by Teves. But, those missed opportunities, plus a tad of good fortune in the deflections leading to the Blues equaliser, means it's 1-1 at the interval.

have to say, that wasn't a bad first half - some great quality at times. United will be kicking themselves maybe - they could have been 2 or 3 ahead, had it not been for a fantastic piece of goalkeeping by Cech, and a miss by Teves. But, those missed opportunities, plus a tad of good fortune in the deflections leading to the Blues equaliser, means it's 1-1 at the interval.

It was a terrific first half. I wasn't very excited before the match began, but this is turning out to be a great match.

:( its penalties ..... and i always hate it when it turns out this way - whether I'm a fan of the teams involved or not.

Right now, I would like to see Chelsea win, as they've rattled the woodwork twice, and so if they end up losing, would probably go down as being unlucky.

Excuse my language kids but FUCKIN' JAMMY MANC BASTARDS. :angry: Outplayed for the majority of the match and yet again they get a lucky win in a CL final.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

Excuse my language kids but FUCKIN' JAMMY MANC BASTARDS. :angry: Outplayed for the majority of the match and yet again they get a lucky win in a CL final.

You took the words out of my mouth!!!!!!!

I'm so gutted for JT, watching him cry, I felt like crying at the end...and I'm an Arsenal fan. Better team lost :(

I felt like crying for him too. Heartbreaking to see him get his medal. So sad for him that he has to live with this for the rest of his career.

That's the way it goes. He slipped and, though he shouldn't, he'll probably carry that with him for the rest of his life. Added with the fact that I reckon it would've been emotional for Lampard, if they had won. You can't help but feel them losing was just all the more worse.

Don't really feel much for Drogba, though. If anything, he's the one who should feel the guilt.

Some poor finishing on both teams part. It wasn't a classic by any means but the game had some moments. WTF was Ronaldo thinking ? Even if it had gone in, it wouldn't have been allowed. At least John Terry can say he slipped

That's the way it goes. He slipped and, though he shouldn't, he'll probably carry that with him for the rest of his life. Added with the fact that I reckon it would've been emotional for Lampard, if they had won. You can't help but feel them losing was just all the more worse.

Don't really feel much for Drogba, though. If anything, he's the one who should feel the guilt.

I held my breath when Lampard took his penalty! If he had missed, that would have been brutal!

Some poor finishing on both teams part. It wasn't a classic by any means but the game had some moments. WTF was Ronaldo thinking ? Even if it had gone in, it wouldn't have been allowed. At least John Terry can say he slipped

That was such an idiotic move. He acted like he was playing in his backyard instead of in the biggest match in his career.

That was such an idiotic move. He acted like he was playing in his backyard instead of in the biggest match in his career.

That's Ronaldo all over though. While highly talented, he is also a cocky, arrogant son of a biatch. No wonder so many people can't stand him.

Took the words right outta my mouth pal.

*edit* so did you moffo!! :D

I felt like crying for him too. Heartbreaking to see him get his medal. So sad for him that he has to live with this for the rest of his career.

Oh don't worry about him - he'll be back out parking one of his flash cars in disabled parking spaces again before you can wipe away those tears. B)

Archived