Global Warming Scientific Consensus: Fact or Fiction.

Cicero

31,000 scientists reject the theory of anthropogenic global warming.

I would rather see who those scientists work for, before I believe anything.

a PhD does not make you above reproach, especially if your fat pay cheque is coming from Exxon every week...

Don't forget, Corporate Industry employs more scientists than does the Government or public interest commissions...

Abd we know Corporate America certainly doesn't want a bar of Global Warming, and probably wants the public to believe that pollution is a good thing!

a PhD does not make you above reproach, especially if your fat pay cheque is coming from Exxon every week...

Don't forget, Corporate Industry employs more scientists than does the Government or public interest commissions...

Abd we know Corporate America certainly doesn't want a bar of Global Warming, and probably wants the public to believe that pollution is a good thing!

Yeah because scientists who receive their money from colleges whose donors are Al Gore and George Soros, can only speak the truth.

Yeah because scientists who receive their money from colleges whose donors are Al Gore and George Soros, can only speak the truth.

:lol:

That about covers it with the "green goonies".

I still say it's a farce. We DO need to be as clean as possible, but this alarmist crap gets so damned old. :rolleyes:

To me it's all a great excuse to invoke new taxes and user fees that won't fix the problem without them having to come back for more of our money. Have you ever seen a real cut on taxes ? It usually just becomes a reshuffeling of who's paying and for a different cause. Once these taxes are intrenched, they never leave. To me, the global warming issue has just become a money grab for a problem that we will not be able to correct as long as politicians see it as an opportunity to campaign

about.

To me it's all a great excuse to invoke new taxes and user fees that won't fix the problem without them having to come back for more of our money. Have you ever seen a real cut on taxes ? It usually just becomes a reshuffeling of who's paying and for a different cause. Once these taxes are intrenched, they never leave. To me, the global warming issue has just become a money grab for a problem that we will not be able to correct as long as politicians see it as an opportunity to campaign

about.

And there you have it.

Why are oil prices rising so fast??

Seems to me like they know "an alternate fuel source" is on its way and they don't want to get caught with just their cocks in their hands.

Yep. Grab the cash while you can, just like everything else. Fucking thieves. :thumbdown:

Why are oil prices rising so fast??

Seems to me like they know "an alternate fuel source" is on its way and they don't want to get caught with just their cocks in their hands.

Yeah that could definitely be the blame, but it's countries like china that suck up all the oil now. when the earthquake hit, oil demand went down 250,000 barrels. But the alternative fuel is responsible for high food prices, 25% of the corn now goes towards ethanol, which means less for animal feed and food. I think Pres. Bush stop putting oil in the reservoirs, so gas may come down, or at least not go as high. Plus the refineries go on maintenance cycles in which they have to shut down to fix things. The last two years almost every oil refinery was or will be shut down for maintenance. They normaly planed this, but there has been issues acroos the country that slowed or delayed the shutdown.

Yeah that could definitely be the blame, but it's countries like china that suck up all the oil now. when the earthquake hit, oil demand went down 250,000 barrels. But the alternative fuel is responsible for high food prices, 25% of the corn now goes towards ethanol, which means less for animal feed and food. I think Pres. Bush stop putting oil in the reservoirs, so gas may come down, or at least not go as high. Plus the refineries go on maintenance cycles in which they have to shut down to fix things. The last two years almost every oil refinery was or will be shut down for maintenance. They normaly planed this, but there has been issues acroos the country that slowed or delayed the shutdown.

Not only is the ethanol causing food shortages and the accompanying high prices, but vehicles get less mileage running that stuff, as opposed to regular gasoline. As usual, nobody did their homework before putting us all in a further bind.

Plus the refineries go on maintenance cycles in which they have to shut down to fix things. The last two years almost every oil refinery was or will be shut down for maintenance. They normaly planed this, but there has been issues acroos the country that slowed or delayed the shutdown.

The main cause for frequent maintance shutdowns is the fact that a majority of our nuclear power plants and industrail refineries are outdated and cost twice as much to keep at a standard performance level. It would benefit everyone's pockets in the long run if we upgraded our energy systems but to do so would create an extreme overhaul upfront.

strictly on the climate...

I beleive we are not taking care of the earth and are harming it...

but there is no way 150 years of human industrialization would destroy an earth that is 6 billion years old and the current atmosphere, that is 1 billion years old

we need to be careful about what we do to the earth, but the idea of global warming as presented by Al Gore is a total farce

the science shows this is a natural trend in climate change... we've been getting warmer since the last Ice Age, and we are at a temperature peak... I guarentee in 200 years, they will be talking about global cooling, and what we did to cause that too :rolleyes:

strictly on the climate...

I beleive we are not taking care of the earth and are harming it...

but there is no way 150 years of human industrialization would destroy an earth that is 6 billion years old and the current atmosphere, that is 1 billion years old

we need to be careful about what we do to the earth, but the idea of global warming as presented by Al Gore is a total farce

the science shows this is a natural trend in climate change... we've been getting warmer since the last Ice Age, and we are at a temperature peak... I guarentee in 200 years, they will be talking about global cooling, and what we did to cause that too :rolleyes:

I agree 100% on all points. Well said!

The main cause for frequent maintance shutdowns is the fact that a majority of our nuclear power plants and industrail refineries are outdated and cost twice as much to keep at a standard performance level. It would benefit everyone's pockets in the long run if we upgraded our energy systems but to do so would create an extreme overhaul upfront.

I've been preaching this on this forum for the last two months. Build two refineries and open up anwar and gas will be atleast two bucks cheaper. From that you can make cleaner fuels.

I've been preaching this on this forum for the last two months. Build two refineries and open up anwar and gas will be atleast two bucks cheaper. From that you can make cleaner fuels.

It's tough catching a glimmer of intelligent thought around here amongst the endless piles of bullshit.

It's tough catching a glimmer of intelligent thought around here amongst the endless piles of bullshit.

I think the planet is warming up alright. I just don't think that taxing people to death , is gonna cool it off

Man, you've got that right. Needless to say, I'm quite pleased with the intelligence and common sense shown in this thread. :D

Quite right.

Absolutely.

'Tis true.

I would say you are right. At least to not worry about it.

Myself, as somebody who not affiliated to any particular political agenda, I just care about the planet.

You just cannot reason with a right winger on this matter though. Most stubborn folks you can possibly come across.

Quite right.

Absolutely.

'Tis true.

I would say you are right. At least to not worry about it.

Myself, as somebody who not affiliated to any particular political agenda, I just care about the planet.

You just cannot reason with a right winger on this matter though. Most stubborn folks you can possibly come across.

I'm not affiliated with either side of the short bus either. But this whole "global warming" thing is being misused. I care about the planet too, but we also need to be able to make a living on it. YES, let's work on cleaner solutions, but let's do it in a practical fashion. One step at a time.

None of these posts have anything to do with politics, for fuck's sakes. :rolleyes:

This is the exact reason I'm going to cringe when i vote for McCain. McCain is the main reason none of Pres. Bush policy worked, because he blocked everyone that should of worked. Now he won't allow drilling in anwar, but he'll allow off coast drilling on California? and other major coast lines? Im all for the environment, but i believe it's man first, animal second.

Build nukes, build refineries. Thats what Pres. Bush been preaching for the last 8 years.

Hi all,

A man described as an anti-nuclear, 1970s peace activist who opposes subsidies to the oil industry has written a book challenging conventional wisdom about global warming. Lawrence Solomon lays out arguments on both sides — including information that often goes unreported in the mainstream media.

The book is called "The Deniers: The world-renowned scientists who stood up against global warming hysteria, political persecution, and fraud* *And those who are too fearful to do so."

Among its topics, the fact that while some ice is melting at the North Pole, the South Pole is actually getting colder. Solomon also writes that while many scientists believe the sun plays a part in climate change, the U.N.'s global warming panel refuses to even consider it.

KB

Im all for the environment, but i believe it's man first, animal second.

There is such a thing called the "eco-system" that so many like to discount. Sure, mankind is the most important but we must be overly sensitive on how much we damper the habitat of animals who provide us not only with food, but also a key ingredient to the eco-system.

It was a main argument I used to have about sharks in the wild. Some would argue it doesn't matter if we kill all of them because it wouldn't make a difference. That was one the blindest and dumbest assertions I'd ever heard. Sharks matter more to the oceanic eco-system than any other branch of fish or wildlife, next to plankton.

oh brother you said it...

All I see is endless piles of bullshit around here...

It blows my fucking mind away that you lot believe there is some sort of economic conspiracy on the part of environmentalists or scientists arguing that global warming is occuring...

What is it with you lot?

Are your heads so far up the ass of the 'Industrial Dream' that you just can't see anything else?

It mentally blows me away.

There is no money in environmentalism...there is no money in Global Warming threats...what don't you understand about that?

There is, however, heaps of money in industry...and industry is not interested in making global warming changes...

And there are heaps of scientists working in industry...

common sense tells you what going on here

Archived