Acoustic set

Do you think they will have an acoustic set in the concert like they did at Earls court -75?

They have all matured musically so it would be great to hear Going to California, Bron Yr Aur Stomp and maybe Battle of Evermore.

Or do you reckon they only will play good ol' hard rock?

I always gets something strange in my eyes when I listen to The Battle of Evermore.

I think it's called tears!

when i hear the 77 version of battle of evemore, i get tears welling up as well, but probably not for the same reason as you. for me its either tears of outright laughter or tears of sorrow for how poor it really was

personally id like to see them make an album of just new acoustic material. really raw maybe a couple of electric overdubs. it would be nice o see them revisit the bron-yr-aur guitar solo stuff and that's the way/ friends and hey hey what can i do style.

i dont think they really touched that with walking into clarksdale, but jpj did on zooma, id buy it.

when i hear the 77 version of battle of evemore, i get tears welling up as well, but probably not for the same reason as you. for me its either tears of outright laughter or tears of sorrow for how poor it really was

I don't think it's so poor that I have to laugh right out..

I am a huge L.O.T.R fan so I love the little Tolkien flirt in the lyrics but I have to say it's mainly cause of the wonderful mixture of Plant's and Denny's voices along with JPS's mandolin picking. I have never heard the live versions were JPJ took Sandy's vocal parts.

In fact I have searched for TBOE on old set lists posted on the net and it doesn't seem to have been played that much.

I have already put a mandolin on my christmas whish list. If I don't get it i will buy one myself.

Then it will be The Battle of Evermore and Going to California all night long during the winter holiday.

Hope to see you all 10th!

I don't think it's so poor that I have to laugh right out..

I am a huge L.O.T.R fan so I love the little Tolkien flirt in the lyrics but I have to say it's mainly cause of the wonderful mixture of Plant's and Denny's voices along with JPS's mandolin picking. I have never heard the live versions were JPJ took Sandy's vocal parts.

In fact I have searched for TBOE on old set lists posted on the net and it doesn't seem to have been played that much.

I have already put a mandolin on my christmas whish list. If I don't get it i will buy one myself.

Then it will be The Battle of Evermore and Going to California all night long during the winter holiday.

Hope to see you all 10th!

That's a very good way to spend the winter holiday! :)

Battle Of Evermore was only played on the ill-fated '77 tour over America.

Some are roaring, some are sloppy (pretty much defines the '77 tour)

JPJ vocals aren't bad, usually, but it's so different from Sandy Denny

it's a little tough to accept. I was just thinking that Bonzo would have been better suited vocally, but he was busy whacking a tambourine.

I originally thought an acoustic set would be appropriate, but so far it sounds like no.

A quick look at the Mothership tracklist also suggests they'll be rocking out,

but more and more I'm starting to feel like this isn't as much of a Mothership promotion vehicle as I first thought.

Archived