Robert and Terry Reid

I've been digging Terry Reid lately, who is really an exceptional singer. I downloaded River, which is a fantastic album, and I've been checking out a lot of Terry Reid stuff on youtube.

So here's my question: did Robert join him on stage fairly recently (like in the past decade)? I know Terry had a standing weekly engagement in a club in LA for some time and I seem to recall reading that Robert popped in and joined him one night. Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks!

I've been digging Terry Reid lately, who is really an exceptional singer. I downloaded River, which is a fantastic album, and I've been checking out a lot of Terry Reid stuff on youtube.

So here's my question: did Robert join him on stage fairly recently (like in the past decade)? I know Terry had a standing weekly engagement in a club in LA for some time and I seem to recall reading that Robert popped in and joined him one night. Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks!

Robert Plant and His Band of Joy, Terry Reid and Tim Rose were all on the same bill for

at least one gig in England back in 1967. In 1969, Robert joined Terry for over thirty minutes of singing at Mother's in Birmingham. More recently (Sun, Oct 20th 2003) he joined Terry at The Joint in Beverly Hills, CA for a set of old standards.

Robert Plant and His Band of Joy, Terry Reid and Tim Rose were all on the same bill for

at least one gig in England back in 1967. In 1969, Robert joined Terry for over thirty minutes of singing at Mother's in Birmingham. More recently (Sun, Oct 20th 2003) he joined Terry at The Joint in Beverly Hills, CA for a set of old standards.

Thanks Steve! :beer:

The appearance at the Joint is the one I was thinking of. I wish it was on youtube...

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks!

If you like River I'm sure you would love Superlung 66-69. It is one of my favorite albums. Talk about a voice, he was, I think 19 when he did these songs. It just blows me away. Just like it must have Jimmy, when he asked him to be the singer of his band.

• 2 weeks later...
If you like River I'm sure you would love Superlung 66-69. It is one of my favorite albums. Talk about a voice, he was, I think 19 when he did these songs. It just blows me away. Just like it must have Jimmy, when he asked him to be the singer of his band.

Yes, the VOICE... as someone described it, "to make grown men swoon" and Jimmy was a grown man compared to the teenager Terry (I don't think he was even 18 when they met) and knew exactly what he wanted... but it wasn't meant to be...

Yes, the VOICE... as someone described it, "to make grown men swoon" and Jimmy was a grown man compared to the teenager Terry (I don't think he was even 18 when they met) and knew exactly what he wanted... but it wasn't meant to be...

Deutsch?

Jimmy should ask him again. Along with John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham they could be the 21st century version of The New Yardbirds.

Archived