Aerosmith's Steven Tyler Checks Into Rehab

Steven Tyler, the charismatic 60-year-old frontman for longtime Boston rockers Aerosmith and father of actress Liv Tyler, has reportedly checked himself into Las Encinas Hospital's drug rehabilitation clinic in Pasadena, California, according to TMZ.com. At press time, a spokesperson for the band could not be reached for comment.

*Full Story*

...Am I surprised? No. Anyone can relapse. Get well soon, Steven.

I wish him well and I hope he kicks this for good. 60 is too old to be chasing the demons of your youth.

Absolutely. Hasn't he been supposedly clean for ages now? Don't know why a 60 year old would want to revisit the lowest point in ones life.

Anybody know what his drug of choice is/was?

The main thing is that he's made a concious decision to get help, which is good news. Addicts are always addicts, so as said in previous posts , falling off the wagon can happen at anytime.

Although I am not suggesting that this was the cause, I was sad to hear of his daughter Liv's marriage break up. :(

The main thing is that he's made a concious decision to get help, which is good news. Addicts are always addicts, so as said in previous posts , falling off the wagon can happen at anytime.

Although I am not suggesting that this was the cause, I was sad to hear of his daughter Liv's marriage break up. :(

Good for him, for facing up to his problems & doing something about it. That's half the battle.

I'm sure we'll see him back on stage in due course.

I read somewhere last night that his girlfriend checked into rehab too. Anyone else read this? I will have to search for where I read it, I don't remember.

This girlfriend would be Erin, the one he has been with since he left his wife awhile back. The wife that helped keep them both clean for so many years.

Maybe I am overstepping, but can't help wonder if this would have happen if he was still with his wife.

I could be wrong, but just sayin'....

And as to the comment above about Plant being younger than Tyler, I had never thought about that.....wow.

Good luck Mr. Tyler. Falling off the wagon is not a crime and plenty have.

Well said. I've been feeling a bit sad about this because part of me still believes in and wishes for peace and happiness for the rockers who brought us so much joy in our youth.

Man, I didn't realize he was a little older than Robert Plant. I always thought the Aerosmith guys were at least 3-5 years younger than the Led Zeppelin guys.

Back in the day, I thought the Aerosmith guys were younger than some of the Zep guys too. When I first saw Aerosmith, it was in a small club - maybe less than 500 seats (?) - that was the same year that Zep were already playing multiple nights at places like MSG and the Forum. In addition, Aerosmith had a youngish, raw hard rock vibe while Zep, still as fantastic and amazing as ever, had lost some of the youngish and raw vibe that they had during their earlier years.

He needs to appreciate and preserve what remains of his health and life, and so do those around him. Even if he never kicks the addictions for good, I hope he can at least comfortably manage them and the challenges they present. I wish him well, but it's important to maintain the quality of your life as long as you have it even if you never get well again.

i didn't know about the break up of Liv's marriage...i feel so sad for her. i always thougt she was hollywood's most beautiful actress. an old client of mine used to manage her modeling gigs...like when she was the face for Givenchy...and she said she would be on set with her and she is a truly kind person just in love with her son,Milo. i feel terrible that she is going thru the pain of a divorce. she must be really struggling with that and her dad in rehab. she needs prayers too.

I just saw a video in health where he was talking about not doing drugs and how important he felt it was to stay clean. I really hope he gets better soon.

It all begins with a moment of weakness, I'll just try this one for a little buzz then it's like you never quit.

Archived