This is what my wife thinks of me!

ledsabbath

Too funny, I get the same from my wife.

Yeah, but is your wife a nurse? Well, mine is. And I tell you, I thought having a nurse for a wife was going to be the best. I thought when I was sick, my wife would dress up in a sexy hot nurse uniform with open blouse, white stockings, that cute little hat with the big red cross etc. And come up to me and say "there there", patting my forehead, offering me words of comfort and reassurance.

You know. Something like this:

t_18183.jpg

The ironic thing is that my wife would actually look quite like this if she did dress up in a sexy nurse outfit.

Ha!!! One time I was sick, I was freezing cold, all rugged up in bed. My wife the prison matron takes my temperature and tells me "you have a fever". And so the logical thing to do when you are freezing in bed is to strip all the covers off, to "cool me down".

I had to fight tooth and nail not to have a cold shower. I'd be better off being looked after by nuns with big rulers.

Yeah, but is your wife a nurse? Well, mine is. And I tell you, I thought having a nurse for a wife was going to be the best. I thought when I was sick, my wife would dress up in a sexy hot nurse uniform with open blouse, white stockings, that cute little hat with the big red cross etc. And come up to me and say "there there", patting my forehead, offering me words of comfort and reassurance.

t_18183.jpg

The ironic thing is that my wife would actually look quite like this if she did dress up in a sexy nurse outfit.

Ha!!! One time I was sick, I was freezing cold, all rugged up in bed. My wife the prison matron takes my temperature and tells me "you have a fever". And so the logical thing to do when you are freezing in bed is to strip all the covers off, to "cool me down".

I had to fight tooth and nail not to have a cold shower. I'd be better off being looked after by nuns with big rulers.

I think I dated Her!

I don't get treated to any outfits, but my wife does fuss over me on the very rare occasions I'm not well (physically). She has numerous health and physical problems, and empathizes greatly to others when problems arise. The nurse thing would be a nice touch, but I don't want it turned around and I get stuck wearing it!

I don't get treated to any outfits, but my wife does fuss over me on the very rare occasions I'm not well (physically). She has numerous health and physical problems, and empathizes greatly to others when problems arise. The nurse thing would be a nice touch, but I don't want it turned around and I get stuck wearing it!

Haha. This is what you would look like if you did start wearing the cute nurses outfit:

Scary%20nurse.jpg

Go on. You know you want to.

When I'm sick, if I call in sick and I'm laid up on the couch--you know I'm really sick!

My boyfriend calls in sick when he's got a little teeny cold. Same thing. LOL

:lol:

Love it! He's going to see this one...

I can't being around people when they are sick and i don't want anyone around me when i am sick. When girlfriends were under the weather i was busy. I just can't stand it. And you don't want to catch anything either. :o

I can't being around people when they are sick and i don't want anyone around me when i am sick. When girlfriends were under the weather i was busy. I just can't stand it. And you don't want to catch anything either. :o

You realize that all goes out the window when you have kids....

t_18183.jpg

LOL! Yeah that's the thought most people who marry a nurse have. Buy the costume for her. It may work if she has a sense of humor.

My husband worked at the same hospital I did. One guy told him "I think that nurse has a thing for me." He almost had a stroke when my husband told him who "that nurse" was married to. B)

Good luck later on when everyone you know keeps on getting older, and more suseptible to illness.

You might start to like the idea of someone standing at your side.

LOL! Yeah that's the thought most people who marry a nurse have. Buy the costume for her. It may work if she has a sense of humor.

My husband worked at the same hospital I did. One guy told him "I think that nurse has a thing for me." He almost had a stroke when my husband told him who "that nurse" was married to. B)

Haha. That is funny that you should mention that. I learnt one very valuable lesson at my last hospital that I worked, and this is advice for anyone working at any decent size hospital:

"Do not talk about someone to someone else". Why? Because you would not believe how many people are married/living with each other, or going out with each other. Eg, you might be a nurse and then say to another nurse how this particularly ward orderly is lazy and rude. Then as the nurse you're speaking to gives the look of death, you realise that she is married to that particular rude and lazy ward orderly.

I nearly got caught out a few times, about to say something negative about someone else, then found out that the person whom I was about to speak to was going out or married to that person. You'd be amazed to find out that this doctor is married to that nurse, or some ward orderly is married to some other nurse, or the radiographer is married to a receptionist, etc.

So yeah, don't ever speak about someone in a hospital unless you are 100% certain they are not involved with the person you're speaking to. Big mistake.

Good luck later on when everyone you know keeps on getting older, and more suseptible to illness.

You might start to like the idea of someone standing at your side.

That's still a long way off.

Yeah, but is your wife a nurse? Well, mine is. And I tell you, I thought having a nurse for a wife was going to be the best. I thought when I was sick, my wife would dress up in a sexy hot nurse uniform with open blouse, white stockings, that cute little hat with the big red cross etc. And come up to me and say "there there", patting my forehead, offering me words of comfort and reassurance

First of all i need to laugh, couldn't you wait to see your regular Dr. during office hrs. I practically broke my toe twice in the past year and i didn't go to an Emergency Department, lol.

Just because someone (male or female) is a nurse, doesn't mean they are any more nurturing than anyone else. I work with many nurses who should have been in the Marines, lol. Anyway, i would nurse my mate back to health anyway he wanted me too...but that's out of love, not because of a profession.

btw...the uniform you describe is obsolete in my country, and thank god. I consider what you describe to be degrading to women, and would look utterly preposterous on a male nurse (so i say they should still wear them)!

Archived