Robert & Alison Wembley arena 22/05/08

Hi,

Some more videos from last night. Where I was, there appeared to be some security staff trying to find people using cameras so they're not the best quality since I didn't want to make too obvious

Black Country Woman

When the levee breaks

Fortune Teller

Battle of Evermore (audio + slideshow)

Overall the gig was great. Alison's and Plant's voice complemented each other so well and the band were really tight. The highlights were Alison signing 'Down to the River to Play' and obviously the Zep stuff. 'Battle' and 'Black Country Woman' were amazing, more so, since I'm not the biggest fan of the Zep version of 'Black Country Woman'.

Although I like the album, and I loved Alison's voice on the 'O'Brother' album, I'm not a fan of the way country singers sing. When Alison was singing with Robert, she showed incredible control of tone and they complemented each other really well. But I have to admit I switched off during her sections, some of it was just too 'country' for my tastes, which was a really pity.

I enjoyed the show. A good end to the European leg of the tour. Black Country woman, Battle Of Evermore and Nuthin' the highlights again for me. The band are really tight with excellent musicianship throughout.

That's my Plant/Krauss concerts done. 4 shows ( Birmingham, Manchester, Paris and Wembley) in 2 weeks has been a good return for me.

I have met up with numersous people from this and other sites in the past couple weeks and my thanks go to them for making the whole experience more enjoyable. I was up till nealry 3am this moring in the Wembley hotel bar.

Heres to my companions over the past couple of weeks

Aquamarine

nine lives

knebby

whyalla

plantonic

keepmesatisfied

twobob

ledbill

and the others who have been to the same shows and even futher a field B)

Its been great to meet up with people.

There are some great people out there in the Zeppelin community.

B)B):D

I enjoyed the show. A good end to the European leg of the tour. Black Country woman, Battle Of Evermore and Nuthin' the highlights again for me. The band are really tight with excellent musicianship throughout.

That's my Plant/Krauss concerts done. 4 shows ( Birmingham, Manchester, Paris and Wembley) in 2 weeks has been a good return for me.

I have met up with numersous people from this and other sites in the past couple weeks and my thanks go to them for making the whole experience more enjoyable. I was up till nealry 3am this moring in the Wembley hotel bar.

Aquamarine

nine lives

knebby

whyalla

keepmesatisfied

twobob

ledbill

Likewise, and good to meet up with you at last. Though I must admit to owning a giant hangover this morning . Didn't quite make 3am but I had started quite early :drunk:

Likewise, and good to meet up with you at last. Though I must admit to owning a giant hangover this morning . Didn't quite make 3am but I had started quite early :drunk:

Good to meet you too B)

Not surprised about the hangover :D:beer:

I saw where you were sitting, just a few rows in front of me.

Twas a good show again. B)

Good to meet you too B)

Not surprised about the hangover :D:beer:

I saw where you were sitting, just a few rows in front of me.

Twas a good show again. B)

We started off seated but got 'moved' by the stewards - very, very long story :ph34r: We ended up next to the stage. Hangman was the one who shouted out "I love you Robert" - he even got a mention in the London Evening Standard. :lol: Very good show.

We started off seated but got 'moved' by the stewards - very, very long story :ph34r: We ended up next to the stage. Hangman was the one who shouted out "I love you Robert" - he even got a mention in the London Evening Standard. :lol: Very good show.

That was funny!

Hangman
"I love you Robert!"........

Robert
....... "You waited long enough to tell me!"

I liked Roberts opening words.....

"Hello..Welcome to ...eh...I dont know what it is ...but youre welcome to it!" ha ha

Excellent :D

That was funny!

Hangman
"I love you Robert!"........

Robert
....... "You waited long enough to tell me!"

I liked Roberts opening words.....

"Hello..Welcome to ...eh...I dont know what it is ...but youre welcome to it!" ha ha

Hey carrots :wave: Fantastic video footage you took. Thanks for posting - it's great when we share and help each other :beer:

Hey carrots :wave: Fantastic video footage you took. Thanks for posting - it's great when we share and help each other :beer:

Hey to you to! :wave:

It was a great night...very intimate...for a arena gig

Just gutted the night went so quick! "sigh"

Hi:

The pics are great....

Yes I do see Phil's likeness to Uncle Fester...Ah....they don't make shows like The Adams Family anymore

Juliet

PS Now here's an idea..do a movie of The Adams Family starring Phil as Uncle Fester, Alison as Morticia and Robert as Gomez....T-Bone can be Lurch..now we just need a Cousin It...

Aquamarine

nine lives

knebby

whyalla

plantonic

keepmesatisfied

twobob

ledbill

Paul, this time I don't envy you for all those concerts, but I'm deadly jealous you met all those fantstic people. I wish I were there too.

Yes, there are some great people out there in the Zeppelin community. :thumbsup:

Good grief! Was that really him? It rang out loud and clear!

I enjoyed meeting everyone too;pity I had to get back into town before the last tube went.

Robert's singing mind-blowing.

Archived