Eric Clapton at the PNC Arts Center in NJ 5/22/08

Wolfman

This is my tenth time seeing EC (most of any artist I've seen live....Plant is second with nine) Clapton was really on tonight and seemed to enjoy himself immensely. Part of the set was just him on acoustic guitar. Very cool jams tonight!

Opening act: Robert Randolph

SETLIST: Tell The Truth / Key To The Highway / Hoochie Coochie Man / Little Wing / Double Trouble / Don't Knock My Love / Outside Woman Blues / Nobody Knows You / Rockin' Chair / Motherless Child / Traveling Riverside Blues (including Clapton doing the "squeeze my lemon" part :D )/ Running On Faith / Motherless Children / Little Queen of Spades / Before You Accuse Me / Wonderful Tonight / Layla / Cocaine /Encore: Got My Mojo Working (with Robert Randolph)

Wunderbar! We live in New York, and will be seeing him in two weeks here. When the tickets went on sale, we accidentally bought them for the New Jersey show that you just saw. I offered them to a friend from another music site, and he was thrilled to get this chance to see Eric. Said he would be taking his daughter - what an introduction for a young person to the blues!

Seeing him on 28th June at Hyde Park, have to say that setlist has me drooling!

Saw him two years ago at the Albert Hall and it was very much a greatest hits setlist, good to see he is really going back to the blues this tour so it seems.

I'm praying for an equally bluesy set at Hyde Park.

Archived