Wars?

ledbaby

more...

" War is a way of shattering to pieces, or pouring into the stratosphere, or sinking in the depths of the sea, materials which might otherwise be used to make the masses too comfortable, and hence, in the long run, too intelligent. " -George Orwell

There are wars because of pure GREED AT THE EXPENSE OF COUNTLESS INNOCENT PEOPLE BEING BURNED,BUTCHERED.ETC. All in the name of patriotism. Of course I'm speaking of Iraq.

...i think you mean nationalism...not patriotism

...from one marolyn to another... :wave:

"You cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war." - Albert Einstein

"It is well that war is so terrible - otherwise we would grow too fond of it." - Robert E. Lee

"You can't say that civilizations don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way." - Will Rogers

"Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty." - Ronald Reagan

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." - JFK

"Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill

"War is delightful to those who have not yet experienced it." - Erasmus

"Older men declare war. But it is the youth that must fight and die." - Herbert Hoover

"All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"Anyone, who truly wants to go to war, has truly never been there before!" - Larry Reeves

"In war, truth is the first casualty" - Aeschylus

Some good war-related quotes I thought were cool

Obligatory Sabbath lyrics..

War Pigs

Black Sabbath

Generals gathered in their masses

Just like witches at black masses

Evil minds that plot destruction

Sorcerers of deaths construction

In the fields the bodies burning

As the war machine keeps turning

Death and hatred to mankind

Poisoning their brainwashed minds, oh lord yeah!

Politicians hide themselves away

They only started the war

Why should they go out to fight?

They leave that role to the poor

Time will tell on their power minds

Making war just for fun

Treating people just like pawns in chess

Wait till their judgement day comes, yeah!

Now in darkness, world stops turning

As the war machine keeps burning

No more war pigs of the power

Hand of God has struck the hour

Day of judgement, God is calling

On their knees, the war pigs crawling

Begging mercy for their sins

Satan, laughing, spreads his wings

All right now!

And its 1,2,3 what are we fightin for?

Don't ask me I don't give a fuck, the next stop is Iraq, (or don't give a damn/next stop is Iran)

And its 5,6,7 open up the pearly gates.

Well there aint no time to wonder why...WHOPEE we're all gunna die.

War is the apple that man picked from the forbidden tree and it shall forever reign over thee.

Without war, mankind would have died out thousands of years ago. War brings about change, for better and worse. And with all change come the possibilities of creating something outside the box.

Preventing evil from reigning the earth is a necessary call to arms, but when evil disguises itself hastily amongst the eyes of good men, it is a weapon that could surely bring about our end.

Without war, mankind would have died out thousands of years ago. War brings about change, for better and worse. And with all change come the possibilities of creating something outside the box.

Preventing evil from reigning the earth is a necessary call to arms, but when evil disguises itself hastily amongst the eyes of good men, it is a weapon that could surely bring about our end.

What a load of poetic horse droppings...

Change is the natural impetus of the Universe, it doesn't need war to bring it about...

And Evil doesn't exist.

What a load of poetic horse droppings...

Change is the natural impetus of the Universe, it doesn't need war to bring it about...

And Evil doesn't exist.

Young man you just haven't lived long enough to gaze into the eyes of evil and I believed as you do now until that one fateful night when I saw what I presumed to be human until looked into the abyss of soulessness. You may one day come to know what I mean and it will change you for ever.

Young man you just haven't lived long enough to gaze into the eyes of evil and I believed as you do now until that one fateful night when I saw what I presumed to be human until looked into the abyss of soulessness. You may one day come to know what I mean and it will change you for ever.

this is why we have to support, and pray for the safe return of our armed forces. i just cannot imagine the bravery thats needed to go to war, or what you have personally seen, dzl. i think if it were my son or daughter out there, i would just be a basket case until they came home.

Hi all,

So true,but what our 'friend' is stating is the Boethian view of evil,which is this:there is no such thing as evil.What people identify as evil is only the absence of good.Which was written by a Christian,which however never at any point mentions Christ or Christian doctrine,try at all times to reach a conclusion thought logic alone:the De Consolatione Philosophiae written in the 6th century by Boethuis,a Roman senator at the time of the writing under the sentence of death.

However the trouble with this view is that it is both highly counter-intuitive,and in many circumstances extremely dangerous.

There is a alternative tradition in Western thought,which has never risen to a status of being offical,but which generates itself spontaneously from common experience.this says that while it is all well and good to make philosophical statements about evil,nevertheless evil does exist,and is not merely an absence;and what is more,it has to resisted and fought,not by all means available,but by all means virtuous;and what is more, not doing so,in the belief that one day Omnipotence will cure all ills,is a dereliction of duty.

KB

For God's sake, you didn't bump into Yoko Ono again, did you?

Well, if the eyes of evil belonged to a human being, that human being was once some mama's baby. If humans can be inherently evil, we should destroy our own mirrors because none of us is exempt from that potential.

Hi all,

Well, if the eyes of evil belonged to a human being, that human being was once some mama's baby. If humans can be inherently evil, we should destroy our own mirrors because none of us is exempt from that potential.

Again true,...And this was said,again and again, by anyone who wrote about war,you know, people who actually been there, done that.Suz,let me ask you something,Hitler,Stalin,Mao,the Khan had mothers,no test tubes around then,well what the heck happened,....?

William Golding (Lord of the Flies,The Inheritors) later summarized for commentators in a later essay; 'Fable',in his collection "Hot Gates"

I must say that anyone who passed through those years[of World War II] without understanding that man produces evil as a bee produces honey is blind or wrong in the head. p.87

KB

If we get too much machinery which is just sitting around we go start a war.

Presuming you are referring to America, this statement is historically inaccurate. You'd

be hard-pressed to identify a surplus of war machinery even today.

For God's sake, you didn't bump into Yoko Ono again, did you?

:lol: I guess I should have clarified that, I didn't mean it in the spiritial sense.

He was what was left of a human mainly the shell.

"Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill

"In time of war, when truth is so precious, it must be attended by a bodyguard of lies"

-- Winston Churchill

Whisper A Prayer For The Dying (1993)

(Coverdale/Page)

I hear the sound of distant thunder, echo all around,

I see the tragedy of young ones lying on the ground,

I see the fathers' sons and daughters, i hear the mothers crying,

Nothing left for me to do, but, whisper a prayer for the dying.

Oh, a prayer for the dying.

The suffocating heat of jungles, and burning desert sands,

Where everything reminds you, you're a stranger in a strange land.

The soothing words of politicians, those bodyguards of lies,

While guardian angels waste their time and every mother cries.

Oh, a prayer for the dying, dying, dying.

Machine gun, battle cry, you pray to god when the bullets fly,

The bombs fall like black rain, an' all your dreams take you home again,

Nothing but bad dreams.

You can't read, you can't write,

You're so scared, you can't sleep at night

You try to carry the heavy load,

Walking down armageddon road.

Oh, armageddon road.

I hear the sound of distant thunder, echo all around,

I see the tragedy of young ones lying on the ground,

I see the fathers' sons and daughters, i hear the mothers crying,

Nothing left for me to do, but, whisper a prayer for the dying.

Oh, a prayer for the dying, dying.

Oh, a prayer for the dying, baby, baby.

Oh, a prayer for the dying, dying,

Whisper a prayer for the dying.

You can't run, you can't hide,

You can't show what you feel inside.

You're going crazy, going insane,

You know you'll never be the same again, no, no.

Whisper a prayer for the dying, dying, dying, dying, dying, no, no.

Armageddon road, armageddon road, i'm walking down armageddon road.

yes, and we all possess the ability to choose to be good or otherwise, whether your mama loved you or not. ;)

It's like, you Liberal people want to enjoy all the benefits of American society, but without facing the fact that it must be actively preserved.

Your quality of life doesn't come free.

I can guarantee that if a lot of the things which you are used to were taken away, you'd change your ideas pretty quickly.

Archived