Post Your Ticket Stubs

alwizard03

Found a couple cool sports stubs...

lionsrk4.jpg

Once upon a time, the worst team in professional sports not only hosted an NFL Playoff game, they actually won. Amazing how one simple ticket stub can reflect 50 years of effort....damn pussy cats. B)

hearnswb2.jpg

i saw Tommy "The Hit Man" Hearns fight several times at both Cobo and Joe Louis. Ever see a boxing match live ? No matter your opinion of the sport, seeing it live will blow your mind. I was quite a boxing fan until the second Hearns- Sugar Ray Leanard fight. Hearns was robbed.

fraserha5.jpg

A local ticket. Adrenalin, The Look, Holy Smoke, Salem Witchcraft, Toby Redd, Bittersweet Alley, and a bunch of other bands I followed in my teens. Bittersweet Alley had a minor national hit with this cheezy song.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yegDy0JLf98

Told her that I came from Detroit City....and I played guitar in a long-haired rock and roll band.

seger2gk5.jpg

Two months after Zeppelin, Bob Seger played the Silverdome.

"In June 1976, he played in front 50 people in a Chicago bar. Three days later, he played in front of 76,000 devoted fans in the Pontiac Silverdome outside Detroit.

A very strange show, but a good one. Todd Rundgren, Elvin Bishop, and Point Blank. Rundgren still talks about this....He had no idea what he was walking into. Heard all of "Night Moves" for the first time....It wouldn't come out until the Fall. Also remember people going absolutely ballistic because he played this local favorite for the last time .....

What is that story? Crab show and ELO's death??

This show is now a Detroit urban legend...Here's an example.

Even though they put out great songs, it was rumored that their live shows weren't exactly "live".

While attending CMU in the early 1980's, a friend of mine told me a story about the time he went to see ELO at the Silverdome in Pontiac, Michigan. I don't know the date of the concert but I know it was the late late 1970's. ELO had the spaceship on stage, which lifted up and ELO appeared on stage. I don't know when in the concert this happened but according to him, the drummer was holding his sticks in the air when there was a "rum-bum-bum" from the drums. He quickly covered but the audience was onto the the memorex moment and started booing. The spaceship abruptly lowered and the concert was over.

Again, don't know if true or not. Throughout my college "career" though, when an ELO song was played on the radio or one of their videos played on MTV, someone would relate this story to me. Bottom line is don't mess around with Detroit rock crowd.

TJ

It wasn't as dramatic as the above description, but the tape problems happened more than the once described during the course of the show. It was especially revealing when the band was trying to fill in the orchestra parts on some of their tunes. The mix was terrible...and we were hearing things that weren't happening on stage. There were several Milli-Vanilli moments, and the band was way out of synch for most of the show. The crowd more than booed...they booed as they were leaving. The band was later sued by the promoter for using tapes during the show. This received a lot of publicity in the U.S., and pretty much ended ELO's live career, at least in the States. The bottom line is they had no business playing an arena that size, and paid the price for trying to cash in.

This show is now a Detroit urban legend...Here's an example.

Even though they put out great songs, it was rumored that their live shows weren't exactly "live".

While attending CMU in the early 1980's, a friend of mine told me a story about the time he went to see ELO at the Silverdome in Pontiac, Michigan. I don't know the date of the concert but I know it was the late late 1970's. ELO had the spaceship on stage, which lifted up and ELO appeared on stage. I don't know when in the concert this happened but according to him, the drummer was holding his sticks in the air when there was a "rum-bum-bum" from the drums. He quickly covered but the audience was onto the the memorex moment and started booing. The spaceship abruptly lowered and the concert was over.

Again, don't know if true or not. Throughout my college "career" though, when an ELO song was played on the radio or one of their videos played on MTV, someone would relate this story to me. Bottom line is don't mess around with Detroit rock crowd.

TJ

It wasn't as dramatic as the above description, but the tape problems happened more than the once described during the course of the show. It was especially revealing when the band was trying to fill in the orchestra parts on some of their tunes. The mix was terrible...and we were hearing things that weren't happening on stage. There were several Milli-Vanilli moments, and the band was way out of synch for most of the show. The crowd more than booed...they booed as they were leaving. The band was later sued by the promoter for using tapes during the show. This received a lot of publicity in the U.S., and pretty much ended ELO's live career, at least in the States. The bottom line is they had no business playing an arena that size, and paid the price for trying to cash in.

:blink: Oh! now I see! I'm quite surprised that ELO managed to play in such a large venue as the Silverdome... :huh:

But I think they received what they deserved. I really have no respect for "artists" trying to steal their fans by having a tape playing in the back.

At first I thought someone might have thrown a live crab on stage and it snapped someone in the face!! hehehe!

Edited by Charles_Obscure

At first I thought someone might have thrown a live crab on stage and it snapped someone in the face!! hehehe!

Well, that's my little personal twist on the show. It was supposed to be a spaceship like the one on the "Out of the Blue" album cover, but it sure looked like a giant crab to me....right out of one of those cheap Japanese sci-fi flicks. :D

RUSHUFOMAXWEBSTER77.jpg

Rush, UFO , Max Webster Warehouse New Orleans 77

What a show Rush at thier best UFO always great and the opening act was pretty good had never heard or seen them before this show and never saw them again but was given a remminder in the party bands thread.

Hey Al,

Where you stationed in NYC when tickets for these shows went on sale? I attended the first night on Friday. My friend went to the Garden and bought 4 tickets. Tickets must have sold out in minutes.

How on earth did you attend so many out of state shows?

Thanks,

JT

Here is the third one also posted on the site along with a review

LEDZEP73NYDAY3.jpg

Edited by alwizard03

steppenwolf90.jpg

John Kay and Steppenwolf and Afterclass at the Boathouse Norfolk VA 90 the Outlaws were suposed to open but cancelled due to illness big bummer for Me but John Kay and his band were still good.He was the only original member left .I believe he fired them many years ago. saw Him in 76 at Jungleland with Streetnoise and a few other La Cal based bands.

cinderellawigerbulletboys4-21-89-1.jpg

cinderellawingerbulletboys4-21-8-1.jpg

Originally scheduled for the Boat House in Norfolk the Ticket sales demanded a bigger venue so the show was moved to Hampton Coliseum Cinderella (The Long Cold Winter Tour) Winger,The Bullet Boys

Winger was pretty good really like Reb Beach the Bullet Boys suck their singer so badly wants to be David Lee Roth and He not even that good sorry Charlie only the best well you know.

Cinderella was spectacular awesome well worth the price of the ticket.Great show.