Plant Kraus @ Wamu Theater 6/10

I am going to see Plant & Kraus @ Wamu Theater on 6/10. I want to bring a camera, but don't want to get busted with it. I wanted to ask how the security has been at their shows. If it's tight, I don't want to risk it. My seats are pretty good and so is my camera. Any thoughts? Thanks!

i remember my bag getting checked prior to entering MSG for chris rock on dec 31. how-some-ever, i have seen a few posts on this site where people have recorded viedo of the plant/krauss shows....soooo, i assume you will be ok.

ps - i will be at wamu on june 10th, as well... :D

Judging from the some of the reviews on here, the security at most of the venues has been pretty bad as far as picture taking goes. But you might be ok if you try to be as dicreet as possible. I want to sneak in a camera at the show I'm going to in a few weeks, since I have great seats. I don't want to miss out on some good shots. But I might just end up using my cell phone.

I am going to see Plant & Kraus @ Wamu Theater on 6/10. I want to bring a camera, but don't want to get busted with it. I wanted to ask how the security has been at their shows. If it's tight, I don't want to risk it. My seats are pretty good and so is my camera. Any thoughts? Thanks!

You should check the website of the venue and see what they allow you to take. Mine said no video and cameras TBD (though, don't most cameras do both these days?). I hope they determine yes. Even if they don't... ;)

at the bergen show the security had laser pointers at any folks taking pictures...and they mainly caught those people because of the lights shining out of the front of the cameras or the screens seen from behind...

that said, i held my camera down low to my chest and there are no visible lights from the front. i was also located in the center of a long row and there were people standing along the back side of the rows against the railing behind me so security couldnt see from above me.

after the last song everyone broke out the flash photography and security didnt care. they were not checking for cameras at the door...

hope that helps...enjoy the show!

You should check the website of the venue and see what they allow you to take. Mine said no video and cameras TBD (though, don't most cameras do both these days?). I hope they determine yes. Even if they don't... ;)

I would second this suggestion. I'm going to Merriweather Post on 6/13 and their website says non-professional cameras (those without detachable lenses) are allowed. So I'm bringing mine. I have seats up front so I'm pretty excited!!

Thanks folks! I'm defenetly still bringing my camera. I think for the more smaller venues, it won't be so tight. I think the Wamu holds about 5,000. I saw Plant there back in '93 and it was awesome. Whoever is going have a great time & enjoy!!

Archived