Your dream instrument

LedZep1969

My dream instrument would be David Gilmour's 'Black Strat.'

blackstrat_06.jpg

Apparently Fender are releasing a new custom shop oe but itll be in the region of £3000!

So I'm planning of doing a kind of replica myself by buying a cheap Squier, gutting it and replacing the electrics and using Gilmour's pickups (custom 69s and a Seymour Duncan SSL-1), replacing the tremolo system and staining the maple neck.

Gilmour however has some special toggle switch hich was custom built in, wont be able to do that. but I'll make it look like the black strat. Should set me back around £400 so I'm starting to save now. Need to source a shortened tremolo arm too which should be quite hard, could always juct hack a bit off the normal one.

Other dream instrument has to be the Peter Green Les Paul with the out of phase pickup, I'm thinking od getting my Epiphone modded at some point but atm all my cash is going towards the Gilmour project.

Don't know if you've ever played the Vistalite kit, but a better choice would be the natural maple finish set he used before this one. It has a much better tone. The plastic kits sound like crap and have terrible overring. Not bad if you're playing in a 20,000 seat arena, because they do project, but no good for studio work, which is why Bonham never recorded with them.

Don't know if you've ever played the Vistalite kit, but a better choice would be the natural maple finish set he used before this one. It has a much better tone. The plastic kits sound like crap and have terrible overring. Not bad if you're playing in a 20,000 seat arena, because they do project, but no good for studio work, which is why Bonham never recorded with them.

Have you actually sat and played a set of Vistalite drums?

Why would John Bonham use them on not one, but TWO American tours if they sounded "like crap"? :unsure:

Have you actually sat and played a set of Vistalite drums?

Why would John Bonham use them on not one, but TWO American tours if they sounded "like crap"? :unsure:

I have, and I've said it before..John's tone suffered while playing those kits.

Crap? No, but it could be (and was) better with the maple kits.

That being said, the Vistalites look cooler than all.

The Bosendorfer 290 Imperial is probably the greatest piano in the world. It takes more than a year for them to build one, It costs over $200,000, but it is absolutely incredible. I am not worthy of such a masterpiece.

BOSENDORFER290G.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

generic_68_gibsonsgspecial.jpg - aint it Sexy???? I love it. When i put fingers on the Board i feel so high... Its my dream to have one like it but saddly cant afford it. Someday i'm gonna make this Sg Special mine.

c3.jpg - Here's the other one - Hammond c3. Not just any kind of C3 but the one that belonged to this gue DeepPurple_c_30A.JPG

hohner_super64_x_pimx_127464.jpg - And the last but surely no the least - Hohner super 64x......... is has the Greatest sound.

I'd do anything for a EVH Frankenstein

frankygroup-1.jpg

Take a Charvel Strat and beat this living shit out of it! :lol:

Like my FrankenTele:

List of damages:

Tuners replaced with Gotohs

Pickguard replaced with mirror

One string tree removed and the other fitted with a rubber washer

Tone knob disgarded

Pickup selector retrofitted with Les Paul-type toggle switch relocated to tone knob hole

Duncan 1/4 pound Tele pickup in neck position

Duncan Hot Rails Tele in bridge position

Chrome replaced by Allparts after sweat corroded the original hardware

Ripped out wedge-type jack replaced with Les Paul four screw jack.

Strap buttons replaced with drywall screws

Sprayed in a body shop with Ford Mustang Electron Blue

All mods including wiring done by me. Much to my occasional regret (sometimes I have to punch it to get sound)!

EvTele.jpg

• 7 months later...
I just bought my all-time dream guitar (shy of having a quarter million for the real thing!) I just got the 50th anniversary Gibson R9 1959 Les Paul Standard in Cherry Sunburst! When I opened the case, I wept.......

I can really understand that :D

My absolute dream instrument would be Pages 59 Les Paul though...

• 1 month later...

Archived