Hypothetical Question: Would you enlist in your own army?

Bonham

Would you...  

37 members have voted

1. 1. ...join the army/military?

• Yes, sir!
    • Noooo!
    • Maybe...
    • I'd remove my trigger finger by any means necessary
    • Only if my country really needed me to
    • Only if my country's cause for war was acceptable to my views
    • Other

I've been reading his same damn posts for the last few years. I know him better than most apparently

Which he's yet to do. He never does, nor will he.

I only commented because he's an ignorant ass and most of us see that, except you I guess

i think he may just be young and impressionable...

well, his only support for his statement was to attack any military personnel who did not perform his specific job and to state...

"The notion that you can "support the troops but not support the war" is nothing more than a liberal excuse."

what that is supposed to mean, i havent a clue...an excuse for what??

but i guess he's run back to his foxhole which appears is no longer in iraq...too bad because they really need guys who support the war over there...

and for every person over there who supports the war, that is one less spot filled by a troop who does not support this war.

i only hope that when he has a few more years of military experience under his belt, he will come to realize that like uncle bill said, the troops do not get to chose what wars they fight in...

they are merely pawns in the big chess game of war...and that is why it is possible for people who do not support the iraq war to support the troops when it is the king who decides where they should go...

How can people stay calm when you have a country like Iran continuously talk about annihilation the jew's?

It's called Rhetoric...

It's not meant to be taken too seriously...

Did the Cold War teach you nothing?

And besides, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad made the comment about wiping Israel off the map, however, he's only the President, the Supreme Leader of Iran, Ayatollah Ali Khameni said "the Islamic Republic has never threatened and will never threaten any country."

Whether or not you believe them is another matter.

LOL Israel is basically one with the states. Israel wont be able to handle things on their own(No offense). Iran sorting itself out seems like a toughy. How can people stay calm when you have a country like Iran continuously talk about annihilation the jew's?

Israel has more than proven it can take on multiple adversaries and come out victorious.

In life you will always find some who have done nothing but talk a lot not saying that is the case here but the Navy may not be eating sand they are however as much at risk as any other branch of service.A Ship or Plane is a prize target for any enemy . I dont know this fella and I dont like to make snap judgements on people but I felt like a direct attack on the Navy was a personal attack on Me and Mine.

My mom was a Navy Wife, we may not have had shrapnel lobbed at our heads but I can sympathize with dependents of military men and women. My dad is retired Navy and couldn't be more proud of him. He took me aboard his boat when I was six yo and helped him serve breakfast to the crew, something I will never forget. His boat had quite a history as well.

The first and only twin nuke built by the United States,

The first Sub to circumvent the planet submreged.

The first US sub to cruise beneath the polar Ice cap, he recieved a signed commendation from then President of the United States Richard M. Nixon.

Was once the flagship of the Atlantic Fleet.

I know I've posted it before but for posterity, and anyone that likes historical photos might want to save this one because you won't find many of this boat anywhere.

The U.S.S. TRITON 5868c5991cf.jpg0885a85d.jpgtriton300.jpg

Israel has more than proven it can take on multiple adversaries and come out victorious.

lol your too funny and wrong...I didn't see them getting rid of Hezbolah a couple of years back. all the did was airstrike the shit out of Lebanon. The only major war Israel had won was back in the 70's against egypt.

Adversaries- new word of the day for you... ehh?

ohh and Jimmy Carter just released how many nukes Israel can dispense. Their nukes are all the have. I doubt they can handle a ground invasion if the surrounding countries decided "O.K thats it, we are going in". Don't get me wrong, the Israeli army is Top Notch but try putting the against crazy Extremist who don't care if they are alive or not.

I've been reading his same damn posts for the last few years. I know him better than most apparently

Which he's yet to do. He never does, nor will he.

I only commented because he's an ignorant ass and most of us see that, except you I guess

And yes, I am a stud

Easy there...Reading this post for years(and Sofia Lauren has been my secret lover for years now)...nothing more likely to happen than a 17 year old little Punk trying to save the world by using his still developing judgment. Don't get too cocky

lol your too funny and wrong...I didn't see them getting rid of Hezbolah a couple of years back. all the did was airstrike the shit out of Lebanon. The only major war Israel had won was back in the 70's against egypt.
Thats simply wrong...learn some history

Adversaries- new word of the day for you... ehh?

:rolleyes:

ohh and Jimmy Carter just released how many nukes Israel can dispense. Their nukes are all the have. I doubt they can handle a ground invasion if the surrounding countries decided "O.K thats it, we are going in". Don't get me wrong, the Israeli army is Top Notch but try putting the against crazy Extremist who don't care if they are alive or not.

You mean...like what happened in the Six Day War? Syria, Iraq, Egypt, and Jordan invade on the ground...and Israel wins?

Nice try, but you're wrong again

Thats simply wrong...learn some history

:rolleyes:

You mean...like what happened in the Six Day War? Syria, Iraq, Egypt, and Jordan invade on the ground...and Israel wins?

Nice try, but you're wrong again

What war do you think i was implementing on dumbass!!!!!!!!!!!! back in the 70's!!!!!!!!!!! i know quite a bit of history. what have they won after that? don't fucking come at me all preppy and shit. You tell me im wrong and there are no facts that i presented that were wrong. Weak...very weak. I would make a suggestion of a ceasefire on your behalf because your treading murky waters as of now.

Listen, your still young with a lot to learn...Patience is a virtue

The only major war Israel had won was back in the 70's against egypt.

This is incorrect. The Six-Day War was fought in 1967 and was against Egypt, Syria and Jordan with help from other Arab states. The Yom Kippur War was fought in 1973 with Egypt and Syria. Also known as the forth Arab- Israeli War. Hope this helps. B)

What war do you think i was implementing on dumbass!!!!!!!!!!!! back in the 70's!!!!!!!!!!! i know quite a bit of history. what have they won after that? don't fucking come at me all preppy and shit. You tell me im wrong and there are no facts that i presented that were wrong. Weak...very weak. I would make a suggestion of a ceasefire on your behalf because your treading murky waters as of now.

Listen, your still young with a lot to learn...Patience is a virtue

And you called me the punk? Seriously we need to swear at each other? :rolleyes:

And no, I don't think you were implying that war at all. You said that they beat Egypt, no one else. You were probably referring to the Suez Crises, not the Six Day War. In both those wars they've thrashed their opponent, just look at the statistics, look at the casualties. Israel kicked their ass. They've proven themselves.

Could they take on the entire Middle East right now? No. But could they defend themselves against multiple opponents? Yes, already been done.

Easy there...Reading this post for years(and Sofia Lauren has been my secret lover for years now)...nothing more likely to happen than a 17 year old little Punk trying to save the world by using his still developing judgment. Don't get too cocky

Easy there? Apparently the same should be said to you. I'm not the one name-callin bud.

And seriously, can I have one, just one, argument where no one used my age against me? Damn it gets old.

PS 30, 45, hell even 80 year old men have tried to use their judgement to "save the world" and failed. I'm not trying to do that. You're simply taking this way too seriously. I'm just talking about Israel and you're getting upset about it. Calm down

This is incorrect. The Six-Day War was fought in 1967 and was against Egypt, Syria and Jordan with help from other Arab states. The Yom Kippur War was fought in 1973 with Egypt and Syria. Also known as the forth Arab- Israeli War. Hope this helps. B)

Thats exactly what I was saying. Thank you Bill :beer:

What war do you think i was implementing on dumbass!!!!!!!!!!!! back in the 70's!!!!!!!!!!! i know quite a bit of history. what have they won after that? don't fucking come at me all preppy and shit. You tell me im wrong and there are no facts that i presented that were wrong.

No I'm sorry, you were wrong...

As Uncle Bill mentioned above, 1967 Six-day war, Israel won with significant territorial increases of the west-bank, Golan Heights, Gaza strip and the whole of the Sinai peninsula. Then of course the Yom Kippur war in 1973, where Israel made extra gains in the Golan Heights, as well as some territory by the Gulf of Suez (although Egypt had also made territorial gains as well on the Sina Peninsula)

and there was also the Arab-Israeli War of 1948 which Israel also, it can be considered, won.

So you may well ask what have they won after that, but the Yom Kippur war was the last territorial war Israel has been involved in. Israel's invasion of southern Lebanon in 1982, was to create a buffer zone between Israel and the PLO's shelling campaign, and to drive the PLO out of Southern Lebanon, which it can also be argued was successful.

So it does help to do a bit of research first otherwise you do open yourself to look foolish in front of "17 year old punks".

Thank you Gainesbarre :beer:

Anywho, back to the Golan Heights, I heard that Israel said that it was willing to give back the Golan Heights if peace negotiations take place and peace was developed. But that was a month or two ago. Anyone know anything about that? I'm at school, don't feel like looking it up

If there's anything I hate it's people who are in the 40s/50s acting like because they're in their 40s/50s, they know more than everyone else who's younger.....and then proceed to act like total douches trying to prove that point.

"don't fucking come at me all preppy and shit"

You sound really wannabe "gangsta" when you talk like this......it's not seemly for someone of your age. So if you want to claim you're better than the younger set......try not talking like them.

If there's anything I hate it's people who are in the 40s/50s acting like because they're in their 40s/50s, they know more than everyone else who's younger.....and then proceed to act like total douches trying to prove that point.

I'll drink to that!

NEVER NEVER NEVER!!!

War is shit, no matter, why it did start, and I think I'd rather die than kill a person whose only fault is to be born in the wrong land!

Why don't we keep peace and talk instead of shooting eachother down!?!? :hippy::rant: :rant:

I agree with everything you' ve said! Make love not war!

Why does we need to fight, if we don't started It? Who must to fight is the politicians, let's give a gun to each one, If It's their interests... We don 't need to spread blood all over the world to be happy, the problem of all the society is the selfishness. The selfishness is the reason for all the problems around the world, let's think about it...

ya ya...same time frame...anything major after that? other than Terrorist attacks? thanks for the help.

No I'm sorry, you were wrong...

As Uncle Bill mentioned above, 1967 Six-day war, Israel won with significant territorial increases of the west-bank, Golan Heights, Gaza strip and the whole of the Sinai peninsula. Then of course the Yom Kippur war in 1973, where Israel made extra gains in the Golan Heights, as well as some territory by the Gulf of Suez (although Egypt had also made territorial gains as well on the Sina Peninsula)

and there was also the Arab-Israeli War of 1948 which Israel also, it can be considered, won.

So you may well ask what have they won after that, but the Yom Kippur war was the last territorial war Israel has been involved in. Israel's invasion of southern Lebanon in 1982, was to create a buffer zone between Israel and the PLO's shelling campaign, and to drive the PLO out of Southern Lebanon, which it can also be argued was successful.

So it does help to do a bit of research first otherwise you do open yourself to look foolish in front of "17 year old punks".

I watched everything you just told me on the Military channel, history channel...you name it...many times over...I wasn't watching to remember exact dates...what i do remember though, is that lot's of men died and israel used some pretty crazy war tactics to obtain victory. As of my researching capabilities, i choose to to do it when i have time on my hands and when i have time to think about the happenings involved. Not write a post, go read on the net to verify and come back with a bare minimum of logic. as of looking foolish? ok ya maybe i should of left...but the kid wouldn't shut up lol

"don't fucking come at me all preppy and shit"

You sound really wannabe "gangsta" when you talk like this......it's not seemly for someone of your age. So if you want to claim you're better than the younger set......try not talking like them.

true say...but you know us bald B) whops up here don't like takeing any "shit"/nonsense.

at least you see whats going on :) all the respect to you.

No doubt Ay! :D

It's spelled E-H, eh.

A first grade teacher explains to her class that she is an American. She asks her students to raise their hands if they were American too.

Not really knowing why but wanting to be like their teacher, their hands explode into the air like flashy fireworks.

There is, however, one exception. A girl named Kristen has not gone along with the crowd.

The teacher asks her why she has decided to be different. "Because I am not an American."

"Then", asks the teacher, "what are you?"

"I’m a proud Canadian," boasts the little girl.

The teacher is a little perturbed now, her face slightly red. She asks Kristen why she is a Canadian. "Well, my mom and dad are Canadians, so I’m a Canadian too."

The teacher is now angry. "That’s no reason," she says loudly. "What if your mom was a moron, and your dad was a moron. What would you be then?"

A pause, and a smile. "Then," says Kristen, "I’d be an American."

I watched everything you just told me on the Military channel, history channel...you name it...many times over...I wasn't watching to remember exact dates...what i do remember though, is that lot's of men died and israel used some pretty crazy war tactics to obtain victory. As of my researching capabilities, i choose to to do it when i have time on my hands and when i have time to think about the happenings involved. Not write a post, go read on the net to verify and come back with a bare minimum of logic. as of looking foolish? ok ya maybe i should of left...but the kid wouldn't shut up lol

I wouldn't shut up? Go back a read your own posts genius, you're the one who started getting belligerent, who started calling names, who made mistakes and got mad when I pointing them out, and insulted my intelligence with, "Adversaries...new words for you?"

You got way too serious and upset when I pointed out you were wrong, which indeed you were. Calm down and reread the last segments

And seriously, the age card is stupid. Don't pretend you're smarter than me because of age. Age doesn't matter, it just signifies how long we've been on this rock, not how much we know. If I show you your wrong, don't say "Well you'll know when your older" or some bull like that.

Pretend I'm 50 if it makes you feel better

ya ya...same time frame...anything major after that? other than Terrorist attacks? thanks for the help.

Did you ignore Gainesbarre? The Yom Kippur War.

They've been in numerous conflicts since the Six Day War, but nothing major besides the Yom Kippur War

Archived