Hypothetical Question: Would you enlist in your own army?

Bonham

Would you...  

37 members have voted

1. 1. ...join the army/military?

• Yes, sir!
    • Noooo!
    • Maybe...
    • I'd remove my trigger finger by any means necessary
    • Only if my country really needed me to
    • Only if my country's cause for war was acceptable to my views
    • Other

I wouldn't shut up? Go back a read your own posts genius, you're the one who started getting belligerent, who started calling names, who made mistakes and got mad when I pointing them out, and insulted my intelligence with, "Adversaries...new words for you?"

You got way too serious and upset when I pointed out you were wrong, which indeed you were. Calm down and reread the last segments

And seriously, the age card is stupid. Don't pretend you're smarter than me because of age. Age doesn't matter, it just signifies how long we've been on this rock, not how much we know. If I show you your wrong, don't say "Well you'll know when your older" or some bull like that.

Pretend I'm 50 if it makes you feel better

ok then...so what was I wrong about? really? dates that were maybe like 4 years apart?lol

also the name calling came when you came at me.

I appologize for the age misshap...my bad judgment

also i came in all this to try and stagnate the situation between DRUNK and our other fellow Zep heads. from what i recall, you tended to know him...personaly and came with the assumption that he was ignorant and so on. Thats fine that you had that opinion and all but i just didn't like seeing it(ohh well...also don't forget that i had previously stated the fact that his remarks towards marolyn were not necessary for the topic at hand). I questioned the fact on where did you come up with this assumption by only veiwing a couple of his post's on this fourm? Also Take that i have seen previous post from DRUNK and don't remember viewing post's that were formed in a negative manner and ousted ignorance. if you can support evidence to prove me wrong...so be it.

also i came in all this to try and stagnate the situation between DRUNK and our other fellow Zep heads. from what i recall, you tended to know him...personaly and came with the assumption that he was ignorant and so on. Thats fine that you had that opinion and all but i just didn't like seeing it

DRUNK is a big boy who's in the millitary and can certainly look after himself, he's also not adverse to making rather potent comments that ruffle numerous feathers on the board. I don't think he needs your protection.

NEVER NEVER NEVER!!!

War is shit, no matter, why it did start, and I think I'd rather die than kill a person whose only fault is to be born in the wrong land!

Why don't we keep peace and talk instead of shooting eachother down!?!? :hippy::rant::rant:

Because sometimes we have no choice.

In the middle of a war, your town is being ransacked. Others are fighting back, but, for some reason, without you, they aren't doing that well. So the enemy comes into your home. They start destroying the place. You're at gunpoint... and some of these men want a "happy ending," and not in the good way. Lucky for you, there is a gun that you can reach and defend yourself with. Unfortunately, you grab it to0 late, and the people closest to you all die, right on front of you, and some of their blood even gets on you.

What would you do?

Don't get me wrong... world peace is the ultimate goal, and I myself would love nothing better then to never see another war and see all people holding hands and being family. But human nature doesn't allow it. We war because we live. Someone once said there will be no world peace until there are no more humans. That is the fundamental truth, unfortunately.

And seriously, the age card is stupid. Don't pretend you're smarter than me because of age. Age doesn't matter, it just signifies how long we've been on this rock, not how much we know. If I show you your wrong, don't say "Well you'll know when your older" or some bull like that.

Pretend I'm 50 if it makes you feel better

Hey I'm in my 40's and I won't argue with you.

What,You think I'm that stupid.

:lol:

DRUNK is a big boy who's in the millitary and can certainly look after himself, he's also not adverse to making rather potent comments that ruffle numerous feathers on the board. I don't think he needs your protection.

all I got is Smiles B)

Because sometimes we have no choice.

In the middle of a war, your town is being ransacked. Others are fighting back, but, for some reason, without you, they aren't doing that well. So the enemy comes into your home. They start destroying the place. You're at gunpoint... and some of these men want a "happy ending," and not in the good way. Lucky for you, there is a gun that you can reach and defend yourself with. Unfortunately, you grab it to0 late, and the people closest to you all die, right on front of you, and some of their blood even gets on you.

What would you do?

Don't get me wrong... world peace is the ultimate goal, and I myself would love nothing better then to never see another war and see all people holding hands and being family. But human nature doesn't allow it. We war because we live. Someone once said there will be no world peace until there are no more humans. That is the fundamental truth, unfortunately.

what would i do? pray to the stars with that look in my eyes :D

Which of course is a moral dilemma shaped by a fear of death... Your reaction may be completely different if you had firm knowledge of a post-mortem existence

ok then...so what was I wrong about? really? dates that were maybe like 4 years apart?lol
You made it sound like you were referring to the Suez Crisis, a battle with only Israel and Egypt, the only enemy of Israel you named. In the Six Day War, it was 4 on 1. I simply called you out on that and you flipped. Also, as Gainesbarre already stated, you were wrong in basically saying that they haven't fought a war since then...which is false. The Yom Kippur War

also the name calling came when you came at me.

I appologize for the age misshap...my bad judgment

Came at you? Dude, you're take these posts too seriously. I'm not trying to verbally assault people. But when someone calls me a dumbass and they were wrong, I tend to get a little upset.

And just where did I "come at you"?

also i came in all this to try and stagnate the situation between DRUNK and our other fellow Zep heads. from what i recall, you tended to know him...personaly and came with the assumption that he was ignorant and so on. Thats fine that you had that opinion and all but i just didn't like seeing it(ohh well...also don't forget that i had previously stated the fact that his remarks towards marolyn were not necessary for the topic at hand). I questioned the fact on where did you come up with this assumption by only veiwing a couple of his post's on this fourm? Also Take that i have seen previous post from DRUNK and don't remember viewing post's that were formed in a negative manner and ousted ignorance. if you can support evidence to prove me wrong...so be it.

You want me to go through his posts and find which ones are bigoted, racist, plain stupid, or ignorant?

Look for yourself

I've been reading his garbage for years and listening to his hatred of all Muslims for quite a while. When I proved him wrong and told him what he didn't want to hear, he put me on ignore. I don't honestly give a rats ass but I'm just letting people know what they're getting into. If he wanted to defend himself or have someone defend him (i.e. you) he would not have blocked me.

You made it sound like you were referring to the Suez Crisis, a battle with only Israel and Egypt, the only enemy of Israel you named. In the Six Day War, it was 4 on 1. I simply called you out on that and you flipped. Also, as Gainesbarre already stated, you were wrong in basically saying that they haven't fought a war since then...which is false. The Yom Kippur War

Came at you? Dude, you're take these posts too seriously. I'm not trying to verbally assault people. But when someone calls me a dumbass and they were wrong, I tend to get a little upset.

And just where did I "come at you"?

You want me to go through his posts and find which ones are bigoted, racist, plain stupid, or ignorant?

Look for yourself

I've been reading his garbage for years and listening to his hatred of all Muslims for quite a while. When I proved him wrong and told him what he didn't want to hear, he put me on ignore. I don't honestly give a rats ass but I'm just letting people know what they're getting into. If he wanted to defend himself or have someone defend him (i.e. you) he would not have blocked me.

holy shit...I was being nice enough to drop this crazy train we got going her but you summon yourself yet again.

first off...when i relate happenings...for example... that occur in a ten year span/"Bubble" (Decade) i try to be very blunt about it and hope the person im explaining it to will catch on thinking about the occurrences during that 10 year span/"Boubnle" or else i considering it a waste of communication(lol)

second...you have still yet to find where i was wrong. ohh...your waitng for my answer right.

Third and last...(add a 4...for Hollywood sake)

Your link that viewed a bunch of post's was weak. As soon as he mentioned Astrology...I stoped the search(Joke:what colour do you get when you mix blur with green?...... Eyes that is)I don't think star children can be racist...unless...

you also mentioned that you have been in acquaintance with the fellow for years. how old is this site? cant be that old.

Final Thought: why don't you take some part in astrology research, just as buddy buddy informed the people to do.

Which of course is a moral dilemma shaped by a fear of death... Your reaction may be completely different if you had firm knowledge of a post-mortem existence

Great answer - if you're trying to avoid answering.

Honestly... I personally wouldn't give a crap about any post-mortem existence. I'd personally grab the gun, shoot all the people in my house, then I'd go outside, and I'd keep shooting until the enemy's blood has washed the blood of my loved ones off of me. It might not help in the long run, but it'll sure make me feel better right then and there. Sorry, but you kill someone close to me, and I become Satan incarnate.

How's about you?

Honestly... I personally wouldn't give a crap about any post-mortem existence. I'd personally grab the gun, shoot all the people in my house, then I'd go outside, and I'd keep shooting until the enemy's blood has washed the blood of my loved ones off of me. It might not help in the long run, but it'll sure make me feel better right then and there. Sorry, but you kill someone close to me, and I become Satan incarnate.

How's about you?

...watch out...a certain someone might call you a muslim (and not a "westernized" one either)... ;)

Well who could blame you? Humans, despite their capabilities, are still animals...

My mom was a Navy Wife, we may not have had shrapnel lobbed at our heads but I can sympathize with dependents of military men and women. My dad is retired Navy and couldn't be more proud of him. He took me aboard his boat when I was six yo and helped him serve breakfast to the crew, something I will never forget. His boat had quite a history as well.

The first and only twin nuke built by the United States,

The first Sub to circumvent the planet submreged.

The first US sub to cruise beneath the polar Ice cap, he recieved a signed commendation from then President of the United States Richard M. Nixon.

Was once the flagship of the Atlantic Fleet.

I know I've posted it before but for posterity, and anyone that likes historical photos might want to save this one because you won't find many of this boat anywhere.

The U.S.S. TRITON 5868c5991cf.jpg0885a85d.jpgtriton300.jpg

I am like you on the Subs I have been on board a few but just for a tour .I was in the Surface Navy.

We have may more time on the beach.pictures are great.Your Dad is a fellow Sailor I dont know what years He was in but I am proud of all We have accomplished over the years.I have served on a Tender,a DD,a FF,and a LPD.Take care

I am like you on the Subs I have been on board a few but just for a tour .I was in the Surface Navy.

We have may more time on the beach.pictures are great.Your Dad is a fellow Sailor I dont know what years He was in but I am proud of all We have accomplished over the years.I have served on a Tender,a DD,a FF,and a LPD.Take care

You like the Navy?

It's spelled E-H, eh.

A first grade teacher explains to her class that she is an American. She asks her students to raise their hands if they were American too.

Not really knowing why but wanting to be like their teacher, their hands explode into the air like flashy fireworks.

There is, however, one exception. A girl named Kristen has not gone along with the crowd.

The teacher asks her why she has decided to be different. "Because I am not an American."

"Then", asks the teacher, "what are you?"

"I'm a proud Canadian," boasts the little girl.

The teacher is a little perturbed now, her face slightly red. She asks Kristen why she is a Canadian. "Well, my mom and dad are Canadians, so I'm a Canadian too."

The teacher is now angry. "That's no reason," she says loudly. "What if your mom was a moron, and your dad was a moron. What would you be then?"

A pause, and a smile. "Then," says Kristen, "I'd be an American."

:lol: Yes the morons here make me proud.

An American, a Scot and a Canuk were in a terrible car accident. They were all brought to the same emergency room, but all three of them died before they arrived. Just as they were about to put the toe tag on the American, he stirred and opened his eyes. Astonished, the doctors and nurses present asked him what happened.

"Well," said the American, "I remember the crash, and then there was a beautiful light, and then the Canadian and the Scot and I were standing at the gates of heaven. St. Peter approached us and said that we were all too young to die, and that for a donation of $100, we could return to the earth."

He continued, " So of course, I pulled out my wallet and gave him the $100, and the next thing I knew I was back here."

"That's amazing!" said one of the doctors, "But what happened to the other two?"

"Last I saw them," replied the American, "the Scot was haggling over the price and the Canadian was waiting for the government to pay for his." :lol:

I've been in the military for 13 years now. I do love peace and have fought for it for the same amount of time. But don't think I won't drop what I'm doing and cut the throat of a bastard who trying to harm my family, neighbors, and friends. At least I'd done something instead of "talking" about how sad war and conflict is. :duel:

Do any of the Godless-Sodomites :hippy: out there realize what conflict and war is? Do you watch sports? What draws a crowd quicker than a school-yard fight? Nothing and if you can charge money for it then you begin an economy. Controlled Conflict + Order = Civilization

Conflict drives the universe from sub-atomic particles to the motor in your car. It is a part of nature not just humans but all life. It's what makes us strong and able to grow. If we didn't have gravity conflicting with our bodies, we'd be boneless chicken. Sex would suck because there'd be no friction. It'd be like shoving your fist in a mayonnaise jar; unless that's your fetish. i.e. no people. I’d rather live with men than kill them, but pay attention…

You ever watch a Jaguar wolf down a baby Impala? Tell me there's no conflict there with the mother. Guess she'll be a little more careful at the water-hole next time. You wouldn't be able to feel any emotions, and we'd all be EMO kids cutting ourselves. So if that is what you want then try it but unless you've forgotten, when civilized society breaks down then it reverts to Might Makes Right and those who cannot hunt, kill, clean their own food and defend their homes will go the way of the DODO, hence the sorrow of the Impala mother.

It's funny how quick Liberals become Conservatives after they been, mugged, raped, robbed, and sodomized by some dude named Zed. :banana: It’s a lot easier to roll over in a spider-hole than it is to dig a foxhole and defend what you believe.

Just watch a peaceful demonstration trigger into a full scale riot and looting debacle and then tell me about anarchy and the love of civilized society. Ever watch soccer? Ever had to pick up body parts while eating your lunch, I did on 12, 13, 14, 15…Sept 2001, D.C. So don’t ask for peace at any price, because there are bad people and there are good people and the line of Lukewarm non-decisive clones pile up to be the slaves of mediocrity. “Praesumo ut exsisto mediocris” That is why no-one will remember your names in the pages of history.

You wonder what is wrong with today’s society; it’s the lack of discipline and order. Put your kids in front of an X-Box for 15 hours a day playing Grand Theft Auto and wonder why a couple years later your kid is an Active Shooter at the high school, and also you doped them up on Serotonin Inhibitors. Do you want your kid to roll over and take a chest full of bullets then smartass? Or do you want the whole class to jump up and shove the Ak-47 up their butt?

Oh then comes the grief counselors, the kids are traumatized. Boo-Hoo!!! :boohoo:

Mental trauma is a mechanism for learning. We’ve been using it to help us survive since we came out of the trees. Remember the Impala mother? If she goes to grief counseling then she is shown that it is just a part of life and to cry about it and she’ll end up repeating the behavior and popping out kids to feed the Jaguars. If she is traumatized to the point of realizing “Holy Crap! I need to keep my head up while at the watering hole then she might pass along some of those genes. There’s nothing like reproducing sickly, sniveling, whining, weak, and cancerous offspring. Why don’t we all just get along? Well, I don’t like your stench.

Peace, Love, & Car-Fires!!!

I've been in the military for 13 years now. I do love peace and have fought for it for the same amount of time. But don't think I won't drop what I'm doing and cut the throat of a bastard who trying to harm my family, neighbors, and friends. At least I'd done something instead of "talking" about how sad war and conflict is. :duel:

Do any of the Godless-Sodomites :hippy: out there realize what conflict and war is? Do you watch sports? What draws a crowd quicker than a school-yard fight? Nothing and if you can charge money for it then you begin an economy. Controlled Conflict + Order = Civilization

Conflict drives the universe from sub-atomic particles to the motor in your car. It is a part of nature not just humans but all life. It's what makes us strong and able to grow. If we didn't have gravity conflicting with our bodies, we'd be boneless chicken. Sex would suck because there'd be no friction. It'd be like shoving your fist in a mayonnaise jar; unless that's your fetish. i.e. no people. I’d rather live with men than kill them, but pay attention…

You ever watch a Jaguar wolf down a baby Impala? Tell me there's no conflict there with the mother. Guess she'll be a little more careful at the water-hole next time. You wouldn't be able to feel any emotions, and we'd all be EMO kids cutting ourselves. So if that is what you want then try it but unless you've forgotten, when civilized society breaks down then it reverts to Might Makes Right and those who cannot hunt, kill, clean their own food and defend their homes will go the way of the DODO, hence the sorrow of the Impala mother.

It's funny how quick Liberals become Conservatives after they been, mugged, raped, robbed, and sodomized by some dude named Zed. :banana: It’s a lot easier to roll over in a spider-hole than it is to dig a foxhole and defend what you believe.

Just watch a peaceful demonstration trigger into a full scale riot and looting debacle and then tell me about anarchy and the love of civilized society. Ever watch soccer? Ever had to pick up body parts while eating your lunch, I did on 12, 13, 14, 15…Sept 2001, D.C. So don’t ask for peace at any price, because there are bad people and there are good people and the line of Lukewarm non-decisive clones pile up to be the slaves of mediocrity. “Praesumo ut exsisto mediocris” That is why no-one will remember your names in the pages of history.

You wonder what is wrong with today’s society; it’s the lack of discipline and order. Put your kids in front of an X-Box for 15 hours a day playing Grand Theft Auto and wonder why a couple years later your kid is an Active Shooter at the high school, and also you doped them up on Serotonin Inhibitors. Do you want your kid to roll over and take a chest full of bullets then smartass? Or do you want the whole class to jump up and shove the Ak-47 up their butt?

Oh then comes the grief counselors, the kids are traumatized. Boo-Hoo!!! :boohoo:

Mental trauma is a mechanism for learning. We’ve been using it to help us survive since we came out of the trees. Remember the Impala mother? If she goes to grief counseling then she is shown that it is just a part of life and to cry about it and she’ll end up repeating the behavior and popping out kids to feed the Jaguars. If she is traumatized to the point of realizing “Holy Crap! I need to keep my head up while at the watering hole then she might pass along some of those genes. There’s nothing like reproducing sickly, sniveling, whining, weak, and cancerous offspring. Why don’t we all just get along? Well, I don’t like your stench.

Peace, Love, & Car-Fires!!!

The drugs are pretty good in the "military' eh'? :rolleyes:

Wow, where do you start with a deranged post like that?

Firstly conflict does not drive the universe...

Change drives the universe, as do opposing particles working as a unit...

Not conflict, so you can forget that theory as the basis for your war-mongering...

Mental trauma is a mechanism for learning? That is the biggest bullshit I've ever heard. The most common outcome of mental trauma is debilitation...so again you can forget that theory as an excuse to go whacking everybody in the head to try and teach them lessons.

As a lot of people carry on about when they're in the military, you think the problem with society is lack of discipline and order...

Well, who said there's any problem with society? Societies change, they always change, today is no worse than any other time period in human history. Okay, so it's not the 1950's anymore when everyone was machine-stamped, and no one questioned the authorities and everyone had to be the same, difference was not appreciated. Well sorry, baby, those days are gone, maybe you're living in the past

Society is not going to be one large army, so you know, just deal with it.

It's just...what you are raving about is just so typical. You think because you're in the military, you're the only one with any balls to stand up to anything, that if there was war, everybody else would just crumble in tears, being weaklings and you'd have to save the world. Maybe that's your fantasy, the big hero.

The thing you don't understand is most people would defend their country if they had to, but if we have to. The difference is, we don't go looking for wars...we'll deal with them if and when they happen and if we are threatened.

You think the average Joe in the street is a pussy because he's not in the army, but you have no idea what he is capable of until he is in that situation.

Why don't you put your loud mouth that spews shit to good use: go and bore the fuck out of kids hanging around at the mall...2 minutes of hearing you drone on and there will definately be no loitering...

Wow, where do you start with a deranged post like that?

Firstly conflict does not drive the universe...

Change drives the universe, as do opposing particles working as a unit...

Not conflict, so you can forget that theory as the basis for your war-mongering...

Mental trauma is a mechanism for learning? That is the biggest bullshit I've ever heard. The most common outcome of mental trauma is debilitation...so again you can forget that theory as an excuse to go whacking everybody in the head to try and teach them lessons.

As a lot of people carry on about when they're in the military, you think the problem with society is lack of discipline and order...

Well, who said there's any problem with society? Societies change, they always change, today is no worse than any other time period in human history. Okay, so it's not the 1950's anymore when everyone was machine-stamped, and no one questioned the authorities and everyone had to be the same, difference was not appreciated. Well sorry, baby, those days are gone, maybe you're living in the past

Society is not going to be one large army, so you know, just deal with it.

It's just...what you are raving about is just so typical. You think because you're in the military, you're the only one with any balls to stand up to anything, that if there was war, everybody else would just crumble in tears, being weaklings and you'd have to save the world. Maybe that's your fantasy, the big hero.

The thing you don't understand is most people would defend their country if they had to, but if we have to. The difference is, we don't go looking for wars...we'll deal with them if and when they happen and if we are threatened.

You think the average Joe in the street is a pussy because he's not in the army, but you have no idea what he is capable of until he is in that situation.

Why don't you put your loud mouth that spews shit to good use: go and bore the fuck out of kids hanging around at the mall...2 minutes of hearing you drone on and there will definately be no loitering...

wow, i commend you on your patience in taking that on...

but don't affiliate him with the army...he's just an air force pussy! B)

holy shit...I was being nice enough to drop this crazy train we got going her but you summon yourself yet again

You made no attempt to drop anything.

first off...when i relate happenings...for example... that occur in a ten year span/"Bubble" (Decade) i try to be very blunt about it and hope the person im explaining it to will catch on thinking about the occurrences during that 10 year span/"Boubnle" or else i considering it a waste of communication(lol)
How can you expect someone to think "Oh, well I'm sure he meant the Six Day War in 67 when he said 'the 70s''?

second...you have still yet to find where i was wrong. ohh...your waitng for my answer right.

I have answered this multiple times now. For the lvoe of God read this whole post through.

You were wrong about the Six Day War being in the 70s, 3 or 4 people have told you that. Also, you were wrong in basically saying that they haven't a war since the Six Day War. The Yom Kippur War came later, 73. Thus, you were wrong. Not really open to interpretation, its a simple fact

Third and last...(add a 4...for Hollywood sake)

Your link that viewed a bunch of post's was weak. As soon as he mentioned Astrology...I stoped the search(Joke:what colour do you get when you mix blur with green?...... Eyes that is)I don't think star children can be racist...unless...

you also mentioned that you have been in acquaintance with the fellow for years. how old is this site? cant be that old.

This specific site is only a few months old. The old site, the site that was moved here, was around for nearly a decade I think. I posted there for like 3 or 4 years.

Final Thought: why don't you take some part in astrology research, just as buddy buddy informed the people to do.

What are you talking about? What does astrology have to do with anything? Yeah, he posted about astrology, what does that have to do with me?

Is English your first language? Not trying to be offensive or funny I seriously want to know, because it's quite clear that you're not picking up on what I'm saying and you're taking everything out of context

wow, i commend you on your patience in taking that on...

but don't affiliate him with the army...he's just an air force pussy! B)

Oh no, I don't tar everybody in the armed forces with the same brush...

But I've seen good military people, and then the ones who I can't stand, the ones who are in the army because they're obsessed with war, they also seem to be the ones who want us to kiss their asses...

Oh no, I don't tar everybody in the armed forces with the same brush...

But I've seen good military people, and then the ones who I can't stand, the ones who are in the army because they're obsessed with war, they also seem to be the ones who want us to kiss their asses...

can't recall too many of those characters when i was in...i don't think they are as common as someone here would like you to believe...don't lose faith, the majority are pretty sensible...the psychos tend to alienate themselves and then move on...

Archived