Hypothetical Question: Would you enlist in your own army?

Bonham

Would you...  

37 members have voted

1. 1. ...join the army/military?

• Yes, sir!
    • Noooo!
    • Maybe...
    • I'd remove my trigger finger by any means necessary
    • Only if my country really needed me to
    • Only if my country's cause for war was acceptable to my views
    • Other

You made no attempt to drop anything.

How can you expect someone to think "Oh, well I'm sure he meant the Six Day War in 67 when he said 'the 70s''?

I have answered this multiple times now. For the lvoe of God read this whole post through.

You were wrong about the Six Day War being in the 70s, 3 or 4 people have told you that. Also, you were wrong in basically saying that they haven't a war since the Six Day War. The Yom Kippur War came later, 73. Thus, you were wrong. Not really open to interpretation, its a simple fact

This specific site is only a few months old. The old site, the site that was moved here, was around for nearly a decade I think. I posted there for like 3 or 4 years.

What are you talking about? What does astrology have to do with anything? Yeah, he posted about astrology, what does that have to do with me?

Is English your first language? Not trying to be offensive or funny I seriously want to know, because it's quite clear that you're not picking up on what I'm saying and you're taking everything out of context

holy fuck kid...you have some knowledge and ill give you that...but your fucked. to not have any clear understanding on what i said proves that you try too hard(you keep on repeating the same shit which is false...false accusations). i had mentioned prior that "oh well 67 is pretty darn close to the 70's"73 to be exact. your own so called fact you make up. I had clearly stated what i meant about talking about the wars.

don't lose faith, the majority are pretty sensible...the psychos tend to alienate themselves and then move on...

Thank God for that! :D

holy fuck kid...you have some knowledge and ill give you that...but your fucked. to not have any clear understanding on what i said proves that you try too hard(you keep on repeating the same shit which is false...false accusations). i had mentioned prior that "oh well 67 is pretty darn close to the 70's"73 to be exact. your own so called fact you make up. I had clearly stated what i meant about talking about the wars.

Christ, are you still going on about that?

You lost that battle ages ago man...no offense, but it's time to move on...

You named one war, bud. You weren't naming both of them, quit kidding yourself. You tried, you failed, you lost, now get over it.

And watch your mouth...punk :rolleyes:

can't recall too many of those characters when i was in...i don't think they are as common as someone here would like you to believe...don't lose faith, the majority are pretty sensible...the psychos tend to alienate themselves and then move on...

To a Led Zeppelin fansite. ^_^

the funny thing is that history has shown us many times that the people that really

stand up a do their bit for their country when the shit hits the fan.

are very often not the people you whould think, and the people that make the best soldiers are not

nesecarily the people that voulenteer right away.

the story of norwegian resistance during WW2 for one is proof.

Hi all,

the funny thing is that history has shown us many times that the people that really

stand up a do their bit for their country when the shit hits the fan.

are very often not the people you whould think, and the people that make the best soldiers are not

nesecarily the people that voulenteer right away.

the story of norwegian resistance during WW2 for one is proof.

Excellent post Stargazer!

Here is another,gone but not forgotten:

Alvin C. York

KB

wow, i commend you on your patience in taking that on...

but don't affiliate him with the army...he's just an air force pussy! B)

Yeah I'm in the Air Force. You guys are really not getting the point. This is a Led Zeppelin post right? Some of the greatest writers & performers of modern music to ever walk the earth. Who in the f**k comes on here to rant about war and politics? I was amazed that this was even on this forum, but hey people are bored and I knew I'd get a rise out of some basement jizz moppers.

Just leave the war mongering to those that stepped forward instead of a few steps back. We don't love war to include most of the Army, we just do our jobs. Oh and the adolescent remark about the Air Force, not cool, maybe poker is just not your game, I know let's have a spelling contest.

I knew I'd see something funny today a bunch of psycological midgets crying about skint knees.

Wow, where do you start with a deranged post like that?

Firstly conflict does not drive the universe...

Change drives the universe, as do opposing particles working as a unit...

Not conflict, so you can forget that theory as the basis for your war-mongering...

Mental trauma is a mechanism for learning? That is the biggest bullshit I've ever heard. The most common outcome of mental trauma is debilitation...so again you can forget that theory as an excuse to go whacking everybody in the head to try and teach them lessons.

As a lot of people carry on about when they're in the military, you think the problem with society is lack of discipline and order...

Well, who said there's any problem with society? Societies change, they always change, today is no worse than any other time period in human history. Okay, so it's not the 1950's anymore when everyone was machine-stamped, and no one questioned the authorities and everyone had to be the same, difference was not appreciated. Well sorry, baby, those days are gone, maybe you're living in the past

Society is not going to be one large army, so you know, just deal with it.

It's just...what you are raving about is just so typical. You think because you're in the military, you're the only one with any balls to stand up to anything, that if there was war, everybody else would just crumble in tears, being weaklings and you'd have to save the world. Maybe that's your fantasy, the big hero.

The thing you don't understand is most people would defend their country if they had to, but if we have to. The difference is, we don't go looking for wars...we'll deal with them if and when they happen and if we are threatened.

You think the average Joe in the street is a pussy because he's not in the army, but you have no idea what he is capable of until he is in that situation.

Why don't you put your loud mouth that spews shit to good use: go and bore the fuck out of kids hanging around at the mall...2 minutes of hearing you drone on and there will definately be no loitering...

Baby Jesus Huh? Guess he missed the posting clinic.

What a complete waste of space. You really seem to be able to blink out the football picks from your wheelchair Superman! No room for critical thinking eh? Well I am sorry to inform you but you must not have taken physics in high school or even college.

Use a little cognition and understand what analogy & metaphor is and read it again. You have zero clue as my background and experience so your judgement is one of ignorance. I can take cheap shots like the rest of them and I can give them.

This is all good entertainment. Keep it up. Since you have the Jesus comment in your block I'll leave you with another nailbitter. Jesus was a necromancer and a high priest of the desert forms of the Bedouin religon that ties in with modern day Witchcraft and Wicca. The same style as embeded in Islam with the cresent moon. Jesus was a real person as proved by the Remote Viewing CIA Stargate Program of the 60's and 70's.

So the twelve disciples with the high priest formed what is tied in with the coven to match up with the 8 Fixed and 4 Moveable signs of the Zodiac and the high priest syncing with the unseen constellation with Polaris as the footstep/stool of the throne of the Most High drawing down the power to bring about the kingdom on earth.

This forms a holographic self-replicating energy seed that is two inversely spinning Tetrahedrons which appears as the Davidic Star & Golden Skull of Light (Six-Pointed Star for the Non-Kosher). These seeds are composed of the thoughts for the betterment of mankind which will grow and produce fruit after it's kind. To produce 60 and 120 per measure. Glaring cues to the 60 degrees inside and the 120 degree three-way split of the Equialateral Triangle to the Merkabah.

I have been to the mountain how about you, nah you just did the Dew. Fiat Lux Bitches!

Have fun with that little nugget, sheepman. :blink:

Ohhhh what a deranged psyco, I can't believe this guy is in the military!

There I took care of that for ya. God Bless.

Yeah I'm in the Air Force. You guys are really not getting the point. This is a Led Zeppelin post right? Some of the greatest writers & performers of modern music to ever walk the earth. Who in the f**k comes on here to rant about war and politics? I was amazed that this was even on this forum, but hey people are bored and I knew I'd get a rise out of some basement jizz moppers.

Just leave the war mongering to those that stepped forward instead of a few steps back. We don't love war to include most of the Army, we just do our jobs. Oh and the adolescent remark about the Air Force, not cool, maybe poker is just not your game, I know let's have a spelling contest.

I knew I'd see something funny today a bunch of psycological midgets crying about skint knees.

Who does that? Me. I spent a year or two talking about music and Zep specifically, but theres only so much to discuss. War and politics can go back and forth forever, thats what makes it fun.

This isn't just a Zeppelin forum, it's something to do ya know? It's fun to just come in here and argue for the hell of it, leave and go to a friends house, then come back and pick up where ya left off.

After reading some of the posts in this thread, some intelligent, some not so, some tongue in cheek and some who are just spoiling for an argument.

It amuses me no end and invariably raises a smile and sometimes a good laugh.

However, war is fucked, period.

Economics usually cause it.

Sometimes it is justified when it is the last resort in ending oppression, but only when a foreign country is "invited" to help.

You don't have to be a militay person to be a good soldier, as someone mentioned the resistance during WWII.

If you choose a career in the services, good for you.

The armed forces do great work in peacetime during disater relief for example.

In both war and peace, out of chaos comes order.

The most disappointing theme running through a lot of the threads is hate.

The only things I hate are terrorism and terrorists.

Just because you disagree with someone or have a different point of view doesn't mean hatred is involved.

IMHO, Intolerance is intolerable.

After reading some of the posts in this thread, some intelligent, some not so, some tongue in cheek and some who are just spoiling for an argument.

It amuses me no end and invariably raises a smile and sometimes a good laugh.

However, war is fucked, period.

Economics usually cause it.

Sometimes it is justified when it is the last resort in ending oppression, but only when a foreign country is "invited" to help.

You don't have to be a militay person to be a good soldier, as someone mentioned the resistance during WWII.

If you choose a career in the services, good for you.

The armed forces do great work in peacetime during disater relief for example.

In both war and peace, out of chaos comes order.

The most disappointing theme running through a lot of the threads is hate.

The only things I hate are terrorism and terrorists.

Just because you disagree with someone or have a different point of view doesn't mean hatred is involved.

IMHO, Intolerance is intolerable.

Ha! It's funny you should mention that, you know the National Guard is still patrolling some neiborhoods in New Orleans :blink:

I didn't know that, most likely because of looters?

Here in Oz the armed forces really excelled when Darwin was hit by Cyclone Tracy in the 70's.

They acquitted themselves well after the Bali bombings and the tsunami in Aceh, Indonesia too.

This forms a holographic self-replicating energy seed that is two inversely spinning Tetrahedrons which appears as the Davidic Star & Golden Skull of Light (Six-Pointed Star for the Non-Kosher). These seeds are composed of the thoughts for the betterment of mankind which will grow and produce fruit after it's kind. To produce 60 and 120 per measure. Glaring cues to the 60 degrees inside and the 120 degree three-way split of the Equialateral Triangle to the Merkabah.

*yawn*

Oh by the way, in case you're interested, I believe the Military does have a good psychiatric/counselling service, it couldn't hurt just to go in a have a chat, could it?

Thank God for that! :D

Christ, are you still going on about that?

You lost that battle ages ago man...no offense, but it's time to move on...

if you havent noticed...i had moved on. this kid wont shut the fuck up. I really don't care if you like honking on this kids nob or not...don't you know it's jail time for that kind of shit.lol

Baby Jesus Huh? Guess he missed the posting clinic.

What a complete waste of space. You really seem to be able to blink out the football picks from your wheelchair Superman! No room for critical thinking eh? Well I am sorry to inform you but you must not have taken physics in high school or even college.

Use a little cognition and understand what analogy & metaphor is and read it again. You have zero clue as my background and experience so your judgement is one of ignorance. I can take cheap shots like the rest of them and I can give them.

This is all good entertainment. Keep it up. Since you have the Jesus comment in your block I'll leave you with another nailbitter. Jesus was a necromancer and a high priest of the desert forms of the Bedouin religon that ties in with modern day Witchcraft and Wicca. The same style as embeded in Islam with the cresent moon. Jesus was a real person as proved by the Remote Viewing CIA Stargate Program of the 60's and 70's.

So the twelve disciples with the high priest formed what is tied in with the coven to match up with the 8 Fixed and 4 Moveable signs of the Zodiac and the high priest syncing with the unseen constellation with Polaris as the footstep/stool of the throne of the Most High drawing down the power to bring about the kingdom on earth.

I have been to the mountain how about you, nah you just did the Dew. Fiat Lux Bitches!

Have fun with that little nugget, sheepman. :blink:

Ohhhh what a deranged psyco, I can't believe this guy is in the military!

There I took care of that for ya. God Bless.

Hail to the almighty

You named one war, bud. You weren't naming both of them, quit kidding yourself. You tried, you failed, you lost, now get over it.

And watch your mouth...punk :rolleyes:

telling me to watch my mouth?... punk?

your just full of spirits because you got a koala bear doing your parents job.

Who does that? Me. I spent a year or two talking about music and Zep specifically, but theres only so much to discuss. War and politics can go back and forth forever, thats what makes it fun.

This isn't just a Zeppelin forum, it's something to do ya know? It's fun to just come in here and argue for the hell of it, leave and go to a friends house, then come back and pick up where ya left off.

Here's another rant:

Anybody in here ever taken any college courses in Poli-Sci? National Security Courses, ect?

Who is the judge of an intelligent argument? Unless anyone has been in a combat zone has ZERO credence in speaking about it. You definitely have the RIGHT to speak your mind. But it's like trying to teach a dog Calculus when you try purvey concepts about things which only the experience of the initiated can comprehend.

Most are quick to make judgments based off limited experience. It is much harder to have a real dialogue. SO with the volatile nature of this very subject bringing forth Ideas is demonstrative of how conflict brings about growth.

Ever been in relationship that you never argued about ANYTHING? It's pretty boring, and important things never get talked about.

That's the stance the MYANMAR Govt has taken, just stick your head up your butt and the people floating on their doors will go away.

I believe one of you stated that they would go into Intelligence is they went into the military. Checkout US Army MOS 96B, 97B, 96E. You must have an open mind when you're in ANY branch of the military. Otherwise you get sadly surprised and haven't done your job.

Unfortunately the people in charge of Govt don't listen to the warning signs we've given them and fail to act to prevent major catastrophes. This was a huge factor with Bill Clinton. He was the worst President ever and his C*NT of a wife needs to crawl back under her rock.

At least G.W. did something about it. I was there through the whole thing from 1999-2004 by his side. Nothing like a bunch of foreigners and hippies making judgment calls on shit they have no fuckin clue about. But hey a pig is a clean animal but usually likes to waller in their own shit because that's the environment they've been placed in.

This current war is a not even a war it is a police action, it is a regional conflict, and is a mess. But Combat is hell; just ask a street cop who’s been in combat arresting gang members. People who sit in their Aero-Anti-Gravity Chairs or Wi-Fi Pukes responding from Starbucks are the reason why the Terrorists want to blow us up.

It's funny, the reason many of the so called, "Terrorists" want to saw your heads off with a dull butter knife in the city street, is because of these fucking puke in your soup liberals, movie stars, musicians, ect. These liberals cry out for understanding and the War is atrocious. It’s the Madonna’s, Paris Hilton’s, and vocal minority that actually get exposure overseas through the media that these people see that make them sick.

They don’t see the people that actually run this country, farmers, factory workers, housewives, & common people that run this country and make it great. These are the people who actually have firm conservative values and understand that if you don’t live by rules and mediate hypocrisy then it really is just an intellectual exercise in futility.

So the fundamentalists may be on the middle tier of “Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs” but it is a wonder why they are being held back by the backslide of human accomplishment with the onslaught of Do-Gooders that haven’t got their own lives in order, because they live their lives vicariously through advocacy of sticking their noses in people’s business when they weren’t even invited. The road to hell is paved with good intentions. They get tied up in the details rather than looking at the root problems and there’s nothing worse than a doctor that just treats the symptoms so they can keep themselves employed. Cancer is booming economy is it not?

Wars start because of economies? This is a large part of the equation, but who’s going to give up their pay check? It’d be cool if we’d just give up all our worldly possessions, but we did away with that a long time ago when we settled down and started planting crops. So who’s stuck in the past, the ones who forge ahead and protect the nation-state or the ones who just want to be passive? This principle is self-evident why we have a military in all nations.

It’s not the 4% of the weakest minds of a nation that defend it. It’s those who can see the need to serve it and tolerate those who cannot comprehend why they fight for what they believe. The others are just spectators of history. With few exceptions do people in any military see themselves as heroes, it’s just the opposite. It is the zeal and passionate nature that drives most and not a sense of entitlement from the by-standers. Does a professional get a job performance rating from ditch digger?

It’s the pissy-assed welfare class that think they are entitled that are ruining this country. Just who we need involved in making the big decisions to forge the path of this country. Bill Clinton was all about this that’s why he gave himself a $200,000 raise first term in office. Entitlement is not a birth right it is earned. I thought this was the Land of Opportunity not a Mad TV Skit of Lowered Expectations.

Drummerman, I know you like to stir the pot and I'm the same. Otherwise I wouldn't have even bothered. Most times I'd just let the chaff float away, but nothing like poking the jab.

So I’ll wrap this dissertation up with; a man is not a man that doesn’t leave the world a better place.

:watchingyou:

I love fucking with people. "Always keep an open mind, but not so open that our brains fall out".

Rock On!!!

Over The Hills & Far Away

:blink:

I guess ill see you on the darkside of the moon. should I bring my airbrushed photos of the north pole on mars?

* * star patterns anyone?

Oh and the adolescent remark about the Air Force, not cool, maybe poker is just not your game, I know let's have a spelling contest.

i thought with your elevated perception of your intelligence you would have understood that it was not directed at you...obviously i overestimated...

telling me to watch my mouth?... punk?

your just full of spirits because you got a koala bear doing your parents job.

The punk comment was tongue in cheek when you used it earlier.

As for the parents comment, at least their kid gets his facts straight before talking ;)

Anyways, to SHEEPDOG...where did my comment fit in there? I was just saying that I'd rather spend my time here talking about politics and war than Zeppelin, seeing as how I did that for so long, I'm out of things to talk about.

Did that post really spark that rant? :huh:

I love fucking with people. "Always keep an open mind, but not so open that our brains fall out".

Rock On!!!

Over The Hills & Far Away

:blink:

I knew it! I figured you were yanking chains when you got on here.

Dude, you're awesome. :D

Gainesbarre... breathe.

Archived