Rolf Harris does Stairway to heaven

And didn't Zeppelin cover "Tie me kangaroo down sport" to show that they had no hard feelings about it?

They did a version of Sun Arise live on Andrew Denton's tv show, complete with didgereedoo in '95.

They did a version of Sun Arise live on Andrew Denton's tv show, complete with didgereedoo in '95.

Page and Plant did a version of Black Dog, that made use of this authentic Australian instrument, that was shown for the American Music Awards back in 1995, where they received the Lifetime Achievement Award. They didn't appear live for the performance, but John Paul Jones picked up the award on everyones' behalf (probably with some regret watching the performance, at the time).

Page and Plant did a version of Black Dog, that made use of this authentic Australian instrument, that was shown for the American Music Awards back in 1995, where they received the Lifetime Achievement Award. They didn't appear live for the performance, but John Paul Jones picked up the award on everyones' behalf (probably with some regret watching the performance, at the time).

That performance is included on the Page & Plant No Quarter Unledded DVD, special features.

:D Ok...most aussies here will know who Rolf Harris is, but I wonder how many have seen the STH vid done by him.....plying his instruments including the 'didge ' !!! I think you'll either love it or hate it, but DO NOT ignore it!!!! YOU be the judge. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cy5KjaAS7nY

ROLFHARRIS.gif

wow, after viewing that, i don't think i have ever been on such a roller coaster of emotions, but i think it was mostly bewilderment, then hysterics, then back to bewilderment with an ever so slight hint of nausea.

wow, after viewing that, i don't think i have ever been on such a roller coaster of emotions, but i think it was mostly bewilderment, then hysterics, then back to bewilderment with an ever so slight hint of nausea.

Rolf Harris is great...I love him so much

He got his start on UK TV in the 60's, when he was to do a Kids show which the BBC was not going to produce, until someone in the office deliberately slipped his commissioning form into a pile of papers being signed by the BBC commissioner...

He got his start on UK TV in the 60's, when he was to do a Kids show which the BBC was not going to produce, until someone in the office deliberately slipped his commissioning form into a pile of papers being signed by the BBC commissioner...

The best part of his shows were when he did the paintings .he would be telling the audience a story and be painting at the same time and had a knack of finishing the painting at the same time as the story ended.Rolf really should have just stuck to doing paintings and story's and given the "cover' songs a miss.

Rolf really should have just stuck to doing paintings and story's and given the "cover' songs a miss.

Oh please, it'c charming :P

Actually...

If my memory serves me correct, Rolf Harris doing Stairway came about because of Andrew Denton (TV personality in Australia) decided to put an album together full of nothing but cover versions of Stairway To Heaven. So he asked I don't know how many bands to record a version of Stairway, and they stuck them all on this one album. And Andrew asked Rolf to do a version with the wobble board, and it was Rolf's version which became really popular.

sorry...i did not mean to insult those who admire him. i guess if you have grown up with rolf, its all warm and fuzzy for you. and of course, i can love anyone who will embarrass thenselves to entertain kids. :D

A great interview for anyone who hasn't yet seen it, and Rolf is discussed. The TV show on which they are being interviewed only allowed musical guests to play Stairway to Heaven, and that is why Rolf covered it. He claimed to have never even listened to the original, he just got the sheet music for it, and after the cover went big, he heard the original and felt like he had done it a disservice.

You will see if you watch the interview that Page and Plant received the many different renditions of the song with a mixture of horror and much humour (the favourite being the Fat Elvis version). When asked what he though of Rolf, Plant says something along the lines of "he can do Jake the Peg and we can't" to many giggles from Page. Take a look.

A great interview for anyone who hasn't yet seen it, and Rolf is discussed. The TV show on which they are being interviewed only allowed musical guests to play Stairway to Heaven, and that is why Rolf covered it. He claimed to have never even listened to the original, he just got the sheet music for it, and after the cover went big, he heard the original and felt like he had done it a disservice.

You will see if you watch the interview that Page and Plant received the many different renditions of the song with a mixture of horror and much humour (the favourite being the Fat Elvis version). When asked what he though of Rolf, Plant says something along the lines of "he can do Jake the Peg and we can't" to many giggles from Page. Take a look.

great interview! thx for posting! is it just me, or does page seem a bit uncomfortable thru that?

Good to see the video, anyone else did that you would think mmh.

I might biased but Rolf told me I had to learn to swim :rolleyes: .

:lol: I remember that info film from when I was a kid.

i can love anyone who will embarrass thenselves to entertain kids. :D

ah, Rolf never embarrassed himself. :) He's a class act, always has been, because he's sincere

I was horrified when the scissor sisters did Comfortably Numb, but it would be sweet if Rolf did it.

Archived