Led Zeppelin for World Peace Tour

marolyn

ok, been busy trying to solve the whole "world peace" thing and came up with this idea...

was thinking if LZ needs a good reason to tour, this could be it...

they could play in remote areas of the world to bring diverse people together, promote understanding and celebrate our commonalities. also bring $ and attention to places that might not otherwise get it...

afterall, 50 countries were represented at the o2...

i'd go to mozambique...nigeria...antarctica...just about anywhere to see zep play again.

...then i started thinking about the SNL skit with "da bears" and was wondering...da bears vs. led zeppelin???...

They would have to fight the 'zep jacked from blues guys' militants, along with the 'long solos are pretentious' terrorist insurgency. You would have to be with them or against them, no thrashmetal or newwave sideline positions.

They would have to fight the 'zep jacked from blues guys' militants, along with the 'long solos are pretentious' terrorist insurgency. You would have to be with them or against them, no thrashmetal or newwave sideline positions.

:hysterical:

Hey, as long as they open with Immigrant Song, I don't give a fuck. :P

Oh, wait.....viking conquerers :unsure::P

ok, been busy trying to solve the whole "world peace" thing and came up with this idea...

they could play in remote areas of the world to bring diverse people together, promote understanding and celebrate our commonalities. also bring $ and attention to places that might not otherwise get it...

afterall, 50 countries were represented at the o2...

i'd go to mozambique...nigeria...antarctica...just about anywhere to see zep play again.

...then i started thinking about the SNL skit with "da bears" and was wondering...da bears vs. led zeppelin???...

What drugs are you on? Please let me know so I can get some too.

The hinderance to world peace is the Radicl Muslim movement......

These 'people' who blow up children, and innocents, and people at funerals and birthday parties as a matter course.... (See Iraq) are not going to be at peace because Zeppelin are in town.

Have your Dreams....

But there is real evil in this world....

And a song will not change that.

Hmm yes they are a large part of the problem, but you can't say that if you removed them from the equation there would automatically be world peace. I think there are bigger issues to look at. For example places in the world where wars are being fought for reasons other than religion, ie. natural resources.

I'm not disagreeing with you, just saying that you should be careful not to be too narrow minded about the causes of the problem.

These 'people' who blow up children, and innocents, and people at funerals and birthday parties as a matter course.... (See Iraq) are not going to be at peace because Zeppelin are in town.

Have your Dreams....

But there is real evil in this world....

And a song will not change that.

Maybe they're just pissed off because they've never gotten to see Zep play live! It's like a diaper rash; the thought that they'll never play again (and if they did it probably wouldn't be in the Middle East) makes them irascible, so they're lashing out. It's a terrible way to express the lack of Led in one's life, and I don't condone it at all, but I think we all recognize the basic human need for the Zep. I don't speak Arabic, but I'm willing to bet that a lot of those "We want you to die!" threats from the terrorists got mistranslated and were really supposed to read, "We want In My Time of Dying!"

Maybe they're just pissed off because they've never gotten to see Zep play live! It's like a diaper rash; the thought that they'll never play again (and if they did it probably wouldn't be in the Middle East) makes them irascible, so they're lashing out. It's a terrible way to express the lack of Led in one's life, and I don't condone it at all, but I think we all recognize the basic human need for the Zep. I don't speak Arabic, but I'm willing to bet that a lot of those "We want you to die!" threats from the terrorists got mistranslated and were really supposed to read, "We want In My Time of Dying!"

omg :hysterical: ...wiping tears... :hysterical:

Oh yeah of course, because if the Led Zep official forum is anything to go by... :rolleyes:

What drugs are you on? Please let me know so I can get some too.

You got that right!

Besides, unless there is a DVD deal, a Cadillac commercial, or an "official Led Zeppelin for World Peace Tour" website.... I doubt they would go for it.

Don't mind me, I just drank a whole case of 'Old Scratch"

Flying_Dog_Old_Scratch.jpg

~natch

Archived