Robert plant hoping to record second album

misty mountain

I made two simple points, namely that it wasn't hard to understand how she could have thought you had her post in mind, and that she never did suggest you should leave the boards. No reply here to either point. Your reaction to SC just seemed strangely harsh to me.

And I didn't use the word 'clique' here at all, so why bring it up? :unsure:

So I assume that SC told you she didn't mean I should leave the board. She read into my post about others because she recognised what i meant by Plant bashing which she has done. She can't argue with that.

So I make my point about the bashing and she takes it that it was directed soley at her. Not so this time.

It is not strangely harsh, its firm, its an opinion not an attack ( quoted by SC herself in attacking me in a thread) She and I have been disagreeing about RPs solo career since he intimated that he he didnt want to tour with Zep. SC's not entirely innocent in her opinions Otto as I said and please don't be too naive that she doesn't post not so nice things herself at times. But we are adults and can deal with it.

My reaction is one of frustration with people who say they love the band and band members and then continue their attacks upon one in particular because they feel he should be true only to Zep. I take a differnent view on this and then when a different view is put forward ( not only mine) it is attacked by the very people who then go crying to others that they are being got at.

The RP bashing is a stain on this forum as far as i am concerned and there are a few people who sustain it. They aren't opinions they are just personal attacks on him. They are not worthy of the board in my view. Differing opinions and views are fine, we will all disagree at some point but the record never changes with some. And as a result neither does mine.

SC has stated her case to me personally in the past and i have stated mine to her. we probably will never agree on this point and thats fine but please don't expect me to sit idly by if i disagree with someone. I know you don't and haven't and neither does SC. I have no problem with it.

But i won't be manipulated into believeing someone is innocent. harsh words have been directed at others from her side but we don't need to drag that up again.

The clique thing is an example of what's gone before when we have disagreed and there has been hypocricy in this area when I have defended someones stance and been accused of being in a clique and yet when others do it, its not a clique. :blink:

Thankfully this isn't the case much now but i brought it up anyway to make a point.

Anyway its 2.15 am here now and I need my beauty sleep ( believe me) so if this continues tomorrow or later today whichever it is, thats ok its just that i wont be responding for a few hours.

Have a good night yourself

It's just not what Robert wants for Robert right now.

And to "Robert", its always just been about "Robert" for the past 28 years. That's the problem. Lets not say this or that wrong to him, lets not ask him about LZ, lets worry about "his" feelings getting hurt...........................give me a break.

So I assume that SC told you she didn't mean I should leave the board. She read into my post about others because she recognised what i meant by Plant bashing which she has done. She can't argue with that.

So I make my point about the bashing and she takes it that it was directed soley at her. Not so this time.

It is not strangely harsh, its firm, its an opinion not an attack ( quoted by SC herself in attacking me in a thread) She and I have been disagreeing about RPs solo career since he intimated that he he didnt want to tour with Zep. SC's not entirely innocent in her opinions Otto as I said and please don't be too naive that she doesn't post not so nice things herself at times. But we are adults and can deal with it.

My reaction is one of frustration with people who say they love the band and band members and then continue their attacks upon one in particular because they feel he should be true only to Zep. I take a differnent view on this and then when a different view is put forward ( not only mine) it is attacked by the very people who then go crying to others that they are being got at.

The RP bashing is a stain on this forum as far as i am concerned and there are a few people who sustain it. They aren't opinions they are just personal attacks on him. They are not worthy of the board in my view. Differing opinions and views are fine, we will all disagree at some point but the record never changes with some. And as a result neither does mine.

SC has stated her case to me personally in the past and i have stated mine to her. we probably will never agree on this point and thats fine but please don't expect me to sit idly by if i disagree with someone. I know you don't and haven't and neither does SC. I have no problem with it.

But i won't be manipulated into believeing someone is innocent. harsh words have been directed at others from her side but we don't need to drag that up again.

The clique thing is an example of what's gone before when we have disagreed and there has been hypocricy in this area when I have defended someones stance and been accused of being in a clique and yet when others do it, its not a clique. :blink:

Thankfully this isn't the case much now but i brought it up anyway to make a point.

Anyway its 2.15 am here now and I need my beauty sleep ( believe me) so if this continues tomorrow or later today whichever it is, thats ok its just that i wont be responding for a few hours.

Have a good night yourself

Oh, I should go get some sleep myself now, Paul. :wacko: I haven't had much time to post lately - perhaps I can state my own view more clearly at some point. I do agree with some of the things SC talks about - certainly enough to be interested in some of the exchanges she has had with you, Knebby, Aqua, Nine, and others. And I certainly wouldn't want you to sit idly by when you disagree with somebody, that's not where I'm coming from. I have valued your input to the forums for a long time, mate.

And to "Robert", its always just been about "Robert" for the past 28 years. That's the problem. Lets not say this or that wrong to him, lets not ask him about LZ, lets worry about "his" feelings getting hurt...........................give me a break
Just a second

180346931_411726.gif180364408_2653.gif180383502_320604.gif

Alright, looks like we're good now.

And to "Robert", its always just been about "Robert" for the past 28 years. That's the problem. Lets not say this or that wrong to him, lets not ask him about LZ, lets worry about "his" feelings getting hurt...........................give me a break.

But it's not like as many fans have been badgering him to reunite with Led Zep for the past 28 years either, isn't it. Prior to O2 he was drifting on his own with not much ado from anyone else. When he hollered back to an audience saying I love you "It took you 30 years to say that" he summed it up.

For the fans who want the band to reunite so they can relive what it was like when Zep was young, ain't gonna happen. I emphatise with you but you'll need a time machine for that. This isn't like Rolling Stones where they are slathered in full body make-over, dressed up like they're going to their own funeral, then off they prance like zombies onstage and mouth their own songs. There is never anything special about the Stones. Like mushrooms they keep reappearing every decade with the same frivolity, same trivial story. Personally, I do not want Led Zeppelin to stoop so low.

Come on give him a break.

I read post# 192 that you responded to .You are twisting words.That person did not say a word about Jesse ,who has a Mother and he is nearly the same age Robert was when he got out on his own. It is true just because Celebs have excess wealth shouldn`t entitle them to get away with what the gov. does to poor woman and their childeren In America. You Mr .ledded1 are an insensitive jerk.

Three posts and you accuse someone you don't know as an insensitive jerk? Nice :rolleyes: That person happens to be a mate of mine and I can assure you he's one of the kindest, most generous people I have the priveledge of knowing.

What is your problem? Do you want people telling YOU how you should live your life. I doubt it. You give it a break and get over it. Robert owes you nothing. You don't like his choices, fine but stop whining about how selfish he is. Grow up. His life, his choice.

:blahblah:

What I've observed is that all that matters to scs is scs. You have flung so much shit at Plant I had to Lysol my monitor to take the stench out.

A man followes his heart. Is that ego? Is that selfish? Dylan went electric in 1963 and the audience shit on him. What gives you the right to demand someone do something that doesn't move them? Who do you think you are? A guy who bought some Zeppelin albums? Well guess what bud, there's 10's of millions of you. Cry me a fucking river. :beer:

And Peter Gabriel should go back to Genesis, because that's the period I liked best.

And Roger Waters must go back to Floyd cause it ain't Floyd without him.

Blah, blah fuckity fuck blah. :rolleyes:

Oh, and....YAWN. All you do is bash Robert. You're more tedious than an infomercial for an intergalactic oven mitt. :beer:

Life goes on dude. Why spend it bitching?

And Peter Gabriel should go back to Genesis, because that's the period I liked best.

Oh, and....YAWN. All you do is bash Robert. You're more tedious than an infomercial for an intergalactic oven mitt. :beer:

:hysterical:

I find it so hilarious when someone on a forum gets tired of another view point and resorts to F bombs :D , ridicule :D , etc. I do enjoy an outburst like that, I really do :D:D . I am also so happy that all the other Plant apologist's out there have your back. :D Maybe Plant will give each and every one of you a personal call thanking you. If Plant never sings another LZ tune again that's fine, I just want everyone to realize that he thinks that the true LZ fans are way down on the list of "His" priorities. That's fine..............just realize it.

F-bombs weren't directed at you. I didn't say "fuck you" or call you a "fucker". So I have a potty mouth. Don't take it so personally. :beer:

And I'm not an apologist. I like what he's done over the last 28 years. That makes me an "apologist"? God for-fucking-bid I put on a Robert Plant cd and - gasp - enjoy it. :whistling:

I have fuck all to apologise for. "Hello everyone. My name is Evan, and I like Robert Plant".

Guess I've gotten my 28 year chip. :rolleyes:

I find it so hilarious when someone on a forum gets tired of another view point and resorts to F bombs :D , ridicule :D , etc. I do enjoy an outburst like that, I really do :D:D . I am also so happy that all the other Plant apologist's out there have your back. :D Maybe Plant will give each and every one of you a personal call thanking you. If Plant never sings another LZ tune again that's fine, I just want everyone to realize that he thinks that the true LZ fans are way down on the list of "His" priorities. That's fine..............just realize it.

First of all sport, I don't apologise for anyone, however I feel sorry for you.

Secondly I don't think you're on his Christmas card list!

If you look back over my posts you will see that I have liked much of his solo work. I have said that he is the greatest rock singer of all time. I do IMHO think that since the Yallah album, he has lost it as a solo act. The clock is ticking, Page is "ON", Page has new material, JPJ is happy.........finish up with Allison and get back with the greatest band ever and record some new tunes. Then go back and float around again in time and space or do what ever you want too. This could be Page's last inspired run, take advantage of it.

Reggie 29, you are the best yet. Lets see, you have called me mate, boy, and now sport. Could you settle on one. I perfer to be cursed and ridiculed, I would think by now you blokes (that was for Reggies benefit) would realize that you do not bother me at all :D:D . I'm just a good ol "Boy" try'in to get along.

Reggie 29, you are the best yet. Lets see, you have called me mate, boy, and now sport. Could you settle on one. I perfer to be cursed and ridiculed, I would think by now you blokes (that was for Reggies benefit) would realize that you do not bother me at all :D:D . I'm just a good ol "Boy" try'in to get along.

Ok son, what the fuck does scs mean??

My interpretation is "Silly Criticisms Syndrome"!

I do IMHO think that since the Yallah album, he has lost it as a solo act.

Guess I missed the Yallah album. You mean Page and Plant?

I do think it's sad when someone who obviously love Zeppelin so falls off the path. I don't fault you for that. I just feel sorry for what you're missing out on. People grow and change. When I bought Mighty Rearranger, I didn't expect a return to Zeppelin. Likewise Raising Sand. But I did find them compelling and moving musical statements. I don't care if they sell 200 million.

I've got my tickets, and we're gonna have a damn good time with or without you.

Yeah baby!

Patio.jpg

What I've observed is that all that matters to scs is scs. You have flung so much shit at Plant I had to Lysol my monitor to take the stench out.

A man followes his heart. Is that ego? Is that selfish? Dylan went electric in 1963 and the audience shit on him. What gives you the right to demand someone do something that doesn't move them? Who do you think you are? A guy who bought some Zeppelin albums? Well guess what bud, there's 10's of millions of you. Cry me a fucking river. :beer:

Life goes on dude. Why spend it bitching?

:hysterical: "Fuckity" is my new favorite word. I shall use it regularly.

Oh, I should go get some sleep myself now, Paul. :wacko: I haven't had much time to post lately - perhaps I can state my own view more clearly at some point. I do agree with some of the things SC talks about - certainly enough to be interested in some of the exchanges she has had with you, Knebby, Aqua, Nine, and others. And I certainly wouldn't want you to sit idly by when you disagree with somebody, that's not where I'm coming from. I have valued your input to the forums for a long time, mate.

My rantings so to speak die down very quickly Otto. I used the term blowing away the cobewbs recently and thats more my style. I don't drag things out with people and its the same over this.

I certainly don't want someone else causing us to argue.

I value your contributions here too. B)

Mind you not so long ago people here wouldnt have been able to disagree for more than a couple of posts but its good that we can do so now.

What would it be like if we all agreed with each other and were like Zeppelin Stepford wives :blink:

One thing i will agree with is that i am not entirely sure if Robert understands the impact of his remarks upon people which do sometimes come across as flippant and dissing to fans and Zeppelin. I don't however believe that he disowns his heritage/legacy as much as some think. He lived it, the pleasure and the pain.

We all want to see Zeppelin me as much as anyone but no matter how much I want it its not up to me to deliver it sadly. I can cope with that others here and on other boards can't and it just turns into attacks on RP which saddens me. Fortunately its not the majority. Perhaps I am getting sentimental in my old age :D

Zeppelin is in my blood,39 years and counting. B)

I have spoken with a neighbor that works on Music Row (as an industry analyst) and he reassured me that Plant/Krauss are on a "timeline" with this project and there is a definite endpoint, and that Plant is scheduling "new committments" for Spring 2009. And he told me to start saving my money. For whatever that is worth. He doen not work at Rounder, but he keeps up with competitors as a part of his job.

Just can't leave it can you. I was in fact aiming at the other people who are stuck in the same viewpoint about RP but you always seem to recognise yourself in my statement about someone else. I wonder why that is?

Perhaps you ought to read and grasp your own post. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I was here long before you and will stay as long as I wish and do not need someone like you to suggest I shouldnt be here.

You bore the arse off me anyway :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I thank yew :P

Well, your post immediately followed mine. Also, you have jumped all over me time and time again, ledded1. If I now tend to see myself in your posts, that's your doing, buddy.

I'm glad you can see that others are stuck in a rut re: Plant, too. Will wonders never cease...

I'm not asking you to leave, just stating that this is a place for DISCUSSION, even though a Dozen Devoted Robert Plant Defenders wish to god people would quit discussing Plant in anything other than the most glowing terms. My post was aimed at them, as a matter of fact. Oh the irony...

If I bore you, feel free to stop responding to me, same as I remain free to keep on discussing things.

You're welcome.

Archived