Robert plant hoping to record second album

misty mountain

Well, your post immediately followed mine. Also, you have jumped all over me time and time again, ledded1. If I now tend to see myself in your posts, that's your doing, buddy.

I'm glad you can see that others are stuck in a rut re: Plant, too. Will wonders never cease...

I'm not asking you to leave, just stating that this is a place for DISCUSSION, even though a Dozen Devoted Robert Plant Defenders wish to god people would quit discussing Plant in anything other than the most glowing terms. My post was aimed at them, as a matter of fact. Oh the irony...

If I bore you, feel free to stop responding to me, same as I remain free to keep on discussing things.

You're welcome.

you don't love me anymore do you???

:(:(:rolleyes:

you don't love me anymore do you???

:(:(:rolleyes:

Not to worry, you know I can't stay mad for long.

:beer:

& Otto, thanks for reading my posts with such care and being a friend on the boards. Cheers to you too!

I have spoken with a neighbor that works on Music Row (as an industry analyst) and he reassured me that Plant/Krauss are on a "timeline" with this project and there is a definite endpoint, and that Plant is scheduling "new committments" for Spring 2009. And he told me to start saving my money. For whatever that is worth. He doen not work at Rounder, but he keeps up with competitors as a part of his job.

Oh, my.

Thanks for that!

(Fuckity fuck fuck fuck... ohpleaseohpleaseohplease)

I do think it's sad when someone who obviously love Zeppelin so falls off the path. I don't fault you for that. I just feel sorry for what you're missing out on.

Ev, while I am also growing tired of scs repeating himself ad infinitum, I must say I found it an interesting notion that there is actually a Path for the True Fan; and that Those Who Stray Off The Path are Missing Out, etc. And I thought it was just different opinions! :o

Ev, while I am also growing tired of scs repeating himself ad infinitum, I must say I found it an interesting notion that there is actually a Path for the True Fan; and that Those Who Stray Off The Path are Missing Out, etc. And I thought it was just different opinions! :o

It would appear that differing opinions are all about interpretation.

We have parties that constantly inflict verbal assaults on Robert and if you don't agree, you are labelled an apologist!?

Are these people merely trolls just out to wind everyone up or real supporters of the band, who believe that in a free society everyone is entitled to do whatever they choose when it comes to their career / work?

They put Robert down by saying silly things like he only played Ahmet's tribute for cash.

News flash there were four of them on stage playing for free and charity.

Even if they were paid, I'm sure that if / when an opportunity to earn more money or get that dream job the agitators, like the rest of us would take it with both hands.

I'ts difficult to differentiate between criticism and abuse.

There are others who have said that I and others "don't get it", get what?

What we all "get", is Led Zeppelin and their music.

It would appear that differing opinions are all about interpretation.

We have parties that constantly inflict verbal assaults on Robert and if you don't agree, you are labelled an apologist!?

Are these people merely trolls just out to wind everyone up or real supporters of the band, who believe that in a free society everyone is entitled to do whatever they choose when it comes to their career / work?

They put Robert down by saying silly things like he only played Ahmet's tribute for cash.

News flash there were four of them on stage playing for free and charity.

Even if they were paid, I'm sure that if / when an opportunity to earn more money or get that dream job the agitators, like the rest of us would take it with both hands.

I'ts difficult to differentiate between criticism and abuse.

There are others who have said that I and others "don't get it", get what?

What we all "get", is Led Zeppelin and their music.

Reggie, your take on this is more than one-sided. Look up the thread 'Dear Robert' in the Newbies Forum. Was that about 'inflicting a verbal assault' on Robert? Note the kind of response the person is getting - and it's happened so many times before. I know some newbies are saying silly things, some because they don't know much, some because they're stupid or because they're trolls - but there are others who simply don't see things Robert's way all the time. And they are being chased away and attacked for it.

Robert's artistic freedom is not the issue here either. Even the people who don't respect his personal freedom are in no position anyway to tell him what to do, no worries there. I do respect his artistic freedom, but I don't necessarily always like his utterances or even decisions. There is no reason to shut up about that. This place should be open for discussions between fans of the band.

Reggie, your take on this is more than one-sided. Look up the thread 'Dear Robert' in the Newbies Forum. Was that about 'inflicting a verbal assault' on Robert? Note the kind of response the person is getting - and it's happened so many times before. I know some newbies are saying silly things, some because they don't know much, some because they're stupid or because they're trolls - but there are others who simply don't see things Robert's way all the time. And they are being chased away and attacked for it.

Robert's artistic freedom is not the issue here either. Even the people who don't respect his personal freedom are in no position anyway to tell him what to do, no worries there. I do respect his artistic freedom, but I don't necessarily always like his utterances or even decisions. There is no reason to shut up about that. This place should be open for discussions between fans of the band.

I have read the Dear Robert thread, all posts and to me it was the same old same old from certain people.

I don't have a problem with people venting their frustration, just not all the time, at every opportunity on other threads where it is not the place to be discussing it.

It tends to get tedious and do you honestly believe he wouldn't read or hear about

what is discussed on this and other forums about him?

Insulting or disrespecting him isn't very friendly now is it?

I don't always agree with all the written and video utterances, but to me it's water off a ducks back.

I certainly never took them personally.

I don't know where or when I ever attacked anyone or tried to chase them away, nor would I intentionally.

There has certainly been a bit of friendly banter.

One of the posters said they wanted to be cursed and ridiculed!

Why?

The other thing that amused me was the reaction to "The Path" comment.

Knowing the author it was purely "tongue in cheek", though the irony wasn't lost.

As you said this place should be open for discussions between fans of the band.

I have read the Dear Robert thread, all posts and to me it was the same old same old from certain people.

I don't have a problem with people venting their frustration, just not all the time, at every opportunity on other threads where it is not the place to be discussing it.

It tends to get tedious and do you honestly believe he wouldn't read or hear about

what is discussed on this and other forums about him?

Insulting or disrespecting him isn't very friendly now is it?

I don't always agree with all the written and video utterances, but to me it's water off a ducks back.

I certainly never took them personally.

I don't know where or when I ever attacked anyone or tried to chase them away, nor would I intentionally.

There has certainly been a bit of friendly banter.

Why?

The other thing that amused me was the reaction to "The Path" comment.

Knowing the author it was purely "tongue in cheek", though the irony wasn't lost.

As you said this place should be open for discussions between fans of the band.

I know Ev, I like him, and I've met him and it was a true pleasure. And I think it's nice to see somebody try to cover Ev's back - I've done that myself a few times in the past, and he has covered mine. That doesn't mean we always agree - and if/when we disagree on something, that's all it is. There aren't many people who have contributed as much to these forums as he has done through the years. Ev has my respect.

Now, as for the irony you detect in his Path post, I couldn't care less. If it was ironic, it was still the words he chose himself to make his point. I only pointed that out.

And when I pointed out the 'Dear Robert' thread I wasn't feeling particularly sorry for scs, you know, because that person sounds like a broken record to me. I was thinking about the person who started the thread, of course, and the kind of response that person got. Actually, I thought that was pretty obvious. B)

Why?

That was me, I said that because I was "already" being cursed and ridiculed to the point that I wanted those who were doing it to realize that I did not care if they acted so childish. And, when people do act that way around here I do find it very funny. :D

I know Ev, I like him, and I've met him and it was a true pleasure. And I think it's nice to see somebody try to cover Ev's back - I've done that myself a few times in the past, and he has covered mine. That doesn't mean we always agree - and if/when we disagree on something, that's all it is. There aren't many people who have contributed as much to these forums as he has done through the years. Ev has my respect.

Now, as for the irony you detect in his Path post, I couldn't care less. If it was ironic, it was still the words he chose himself to make his point. I only pointed that out.

And when I pointed out the 'Dear Robert' thread I wasn't feeling particularly sorry for scs, you know, because that person sounds like a broken record to me. I was thinking about the person who started the thread, of course, and the kind of response that person got. Actually, I thought that was pretty obvious. B)

Anolte is by no means Robert bashing, he wrote a heartfelt letter and it showed in his empassioned plea.

Unfortunately the thread was hijacked yet again and became another slagfest which was disrespectful to anolte's honourable intention.

I don't believe all the comments were directed at anolte, they were aimed squarely at the hijacker.

Nobody need agree with anyone all the time (how boring that would be), that's what makes for good discussions.

It's a pity Robert couldn't "Read The Letter" on his own instead of it being ambushed on this forum along with the additional commentary.

Otto said it best once - there are people who are trolling (even if they don't think they are, and yes I'm talking to you scs, how about mentioning something else for a change?) Then there are people who are just stating their opinions. Don't Feed the Trolls, it's really that simple.

I post what I'm feeling, and I know I'm not alone in feeling annoyed, even insulted now and then by Plant's proclamations. It may look like bashing, because it goes on frequently. But, be honest - so do Plant's comments.

Awhile back, ledded1 said what I post is not always innocent. That stems from the way some fans won't let people have their say without feeling the need to explain to them what the One Way, the True Fan's Path is, etc. (They are the enlightened ones, supremely ok with Plant being an ass now and again...)

I am aware of their possible reaction, and sometimes second guess myself before I post, lest it cause an argument. It sucks, having to second guess myself all the time. It chills real discussion.

I think we all agree on the basic point, Led Zeppelin rocks and we love them! Now what are we going to talk about? :mellow:

Zeppelin are a spiritual and heart-rending band to me, they make life better; some days they make life worth living. I hope they do get back together. The rub is, I know for sure it wouldn't be anything approaching Led Zeppelin without him.

So I feel like I'm being teased by the cute boy in class who I have real feelings for. It's no fun. Sometimes it makes me want to throw spit balls at him.

It's not fair to expect people to not feel passionate about this sometimes, ok?

Sooner then later HBH takes over a thread. Even if it's some troll who decides to bash Plant for whatever reason, we have the same ole, You don't have right to comment on Robert Plant's thoughts, or musical integrity, if you don't understand it's his life, and his choice, and his ball, so he has the right to take it home, and not play with Jimmy. It is at best, nauseating. Who is anyone to determine what is a "True Zeppelin Fan". I feel Robert's project is a cure for insomnia. This is sacrilege?

Opinion is why we are here. Not worship. I love Robert Plant. That does not mean I have to like everything he does, or say. If I want to say...

Hey Robert, You are fucking up my world playing bluegrass oldies with that Yoko like woman all over the world...(not at all how I feel just an example)

Do you honestly think he'd give a fuck? lol....

No one needs to be told they are missing out. You are missing the point if you think so. This person is voicing an opinion, no matter how stupid it may be. It's their opinion. You do not have to feel sorry for them.

Now if I say...

Hey Jimmy, Stop fucking around with that ghey photographer buddy of yours, and start producing something new, God damn it!

You think we'd have 60000000 posts about how insensitive I am to Jimmy, and his choices in life?

NO.

HBH, get the cure people.

No one needs to be told they are missing out. You are missing the point if you think so. This person is voicing an opinion, no matter how stupid it may be. It's their opinion. You do not have to feel sorry for them.

of course, i agree with you in principle, but i think most are tired of the multi-post/multi-thread plant complainer (including myself). i suppose this is the place to post complaints-i wish it weren't so.

on the flipside, if anyone's opinion, even a negative robert plant one, is met everytime with the opposite opinion, what then? only the complainers can complain, but the complainer complainers can't complain right back??

my head hurts...

i would, as an olive branch, offer a suggestion to those who suffer so: consider that robert's career is divided in two-led zeppelin and solo. in that context, anything he does with anyone else besides zeppelin should not come as a suprise and any movement toward full-fledged zep activity would be strictly a bonus. if you adopt this attitude, your blood pressure will thank you, the forum will thank you, and even your bowels may thank you.

thank you.

Not everyone needs to like Robert's solo work or be happy with his decisions. Doesn't bother me at all if people aren't into what he's done post Zep. I happen to like it a lot (and I don't think that makes me a Plant worshipper) but music is subjective and we won't all like the same things. No problem there. I understand people's unhappiness about Zep not reforming. I didn't see them either and it would be amazing to experience.

What upsets me about certain people is that they don't just say, yeah his solo work ain't my thing or man I'm mad I want them to reform. Everyone is entitled to express their opinions and have a healthy discussion. But now it gets instantly nasty. It's the attitude of either all Robert did that was worth anything was with Zep and that's all he should do and how selfish he is for not giving his fans what they want. That's where my frustration lies (I can't speak for others). It's Robert's life and he has the right to do what he wants and no matter what he decides, not everyone will be happy. That's pretty much life ain't it?

My two cents for what it's worth.

Probably not much...

Little, stupid, stubborn Bobby.

Why thinks he that that bluegrass with Alison is better for him as Led Zeppelin.

Hard rock would make him younger, I think, than such middle-old-beautiful-but-a-bit-boring bluegrass music...

Why thinks he that that bluegrass with Alison is better for him as Led Zeppelin.

Hard rock would make him younger, I think, than such middle-old-beautiful-but-a-bit-boring bluegrass music...

Stupid stubburn bobby is laughing all the way to the bank and is enjoying himself so much he wants to do it again. Even if its boring.

Because much of it is new to him and he's enjoying the exploration. When you put cut flowers in a vase, you eventually must remove them and replace them with new, freshly cut flowers, and add a little sugar to the water. Otherwise the water gets too murky, and the flowers get too droopy. Songs are like flowers.

Nevermind, I take it all back. :computertrash:

I feel that most people that understand RP's choices at this time have probably concieved, and executed some art form or another of their own.

It's hard for someone who hasn't to understand...there exists a burning desire to always be on to the newest thing, and this passion is what drives most artists.

As much as I would love to see Led Zeppelin come to the U.S. and fulfill a dream that I've had since I was 15 , the part of me that has been involved in songwriting for the majority of my adult years understands where Robert might be coming from.

Archived