Robert plant hoping to record second album

misty mountain

Well, since I am labeled the troll around here:

I have never cursed or put any member on this forum down on a personal basis

I have been cursed and ridiculed, and put down when I said that it does not bother me

Believe me, I think that it is funny :D:D that some get so worked up

It's ok for some to not like Plants antics and not ok for others

I do find it funny :D how many of you act like you know Plant personally

I have said that Plant is the greatest "Rock" singer of all time

I have admitted that I even like some of his solo work

However:

Why do many of you think Plant is the chosen one, given the green light to think only of himself?

Why do you think that he really cares what you think?

Why would it be so bad for him to play Zep for his fans, even if he does not want too?

You all talk about being nice, would that not be nice for him to do for his fans?

Why can't he do it for no other reason then that?

But please remember, you can take all the shots at me you want, but deep down many of you agree with much that I say. And I do think it is funny :D that you all consider me a troll, you are so wrong. And as far as the cursing and ridicule...........I do think that it is hilarious. :D:D:D

And Reggie, you are the best.................son.

Why do many of you think Plant is the chosen one, given the green light to think only of himself?

Why do you think that he really cares what you think?

Why would it be so bad for him to play Zep for his fans, even if he does not want too?

You all talk about being nice, would that not be nice for him to do for his fans?

Why can't he do it for no other reason then that?

I don't know. I'm too busy thinking about what to bring with me next week. I have to decide on clothes and all that, and figure out how to navigate my way through the Los Angeles freeway system. Robert Plant will just have to figure out all that other stuff for himself for a while. Yikes, he's gonna be here in a week. Okay, I'm gonna stay calm. Gotta stay focused.

Because much of it is new to him and he's enjoying the exploration. When you put cut flowers in a vase, you eventually must remove them and replace them with new, freshly cut flowers, and add a little sugar to the water. Otherwise the water gets too murky, and the flowers get too droopy. Songs are like flowers.

Lovely post!

(I'd even believe it if he'd stop sticking in the Led Zeppelin roses...)

I feel that most people that understand RP's choices at this time have probably concieved, and executed some art form or another of their own.

It's hard for someone who hasn't to understand...there exists a burning desire to always be on to the newest thing, and this passion is what drives most artists.

As much as I would love to see Led Zeppelin come to the U.S. and fulfill a dream that I've had since I was 15 , the part of me that has been involved in songwriting for the majority of my adult years understands where Robert might be coming from.

Nice post, and excellent point. I do understand, like it would be bad for Steven Speilberg to be working on ET VI right now.

The flip side is, there is not a darned thing wrong with "ET." It's a great film and always will be. People who love it are not wrong, stupid, insensitive, stuck in the past, or selfish for loving it. It will not be a negative thing for a teenager in to watch "ET" in 2085, even if it is from a previous era. The song remains the same...

In moving on to the next thing, aren't you attempting to accomplish something great and lasting? And if you do, do you then spit on people who happen to notice?

I can always watch Charlie Chaplin, Casa Blanca, A Fish Called Wanda, Close Encounters of the Third Kind... they do not grow old.

Led Zeppelin's music falls into that category. It does not grow old.

Why should I care very much what he's up to now if it won't have lasting value?

(Hopefully in 20 years' time, if I'm still around, Plant won't be putting me down for thinking "Mighty Rearranger" is a great song... )

I wonder what Plants interest's will be after Blue Grass ??

Hopefully making some real money. I really think he will do several shows with Zeppelin. And that seems to be the popular rumor in Nashville, that Alison and he are only going to work this joint venture through the end of the year.

Hopefully making some real money. I really think he will do several shows with Zeppelin. And that seems to be the popular rumor in Nashville, that Alison and he are only going to work this joint venture through the end of the year.

Alison has her own previous band, too. :D

Alison has her own previous band, too. :D

Yes, a well-respected band that like all of us, needs income! Two members of Union Station are working on a solo project in Alison's absence, however Union Station fans are really wanting to see that band reunited with Alison.

I suspect given what they've said, they'll work together in the future, but not jumping back into the studio following the end of this tour etc.

RP is an artist. He will do whatever works at the moment. If he needs to stretch he will stretch. If he feels led (pun intended) to work with JP and JPJ in the studio then he will. The main point is that if his heart is in it then it will be his best work. If it is not, then everyone will be disappointed anyway. In order for it to be right, he needs to be in a Zeppelin place, as does JP and JPJ. If sometime soon they are all in that place, we will be very fortunate. I, for one, don't want rehashed greatest hits. I would love to hear, as a group, where they are today :D .

RP is an artist. He will do whatever works at the moment

I get so tired of the "artist" cop out. People in other lines of work do what it takes to keep their customers happy. A great heart surgeon might get tired of doing heart sugeries, but he shows up because he knows thats what his duty is to his patient. A fireman or policeman gets tired of putting his life on the line, but guess what.................they do it. Percy gets tired of doing LZ and because he is a "artist", he gets a pass.

We talk about being nice around here. Why cant Percy be "NICE" and do it for no other reason then that?? Yes, be nice to the mass majority of your fans that want you to do new things with your old band mates. Do it for no other reason then to be nice to others, not just thinking about your own tempermental egotistical self.

Music is more than a love affair with the box office. Music flows through the soul, and the artist takes that ride. His inner vision directs him.

That is so beautiful, to bad they do not live in the real world...............................

And like I said, We talk about being nice around here. Why cant Percy be "NICE" and do it for no other reason then that?? Yes, be nice to the mass majority of your fans that want you to do new things with your old band mates. Do it for no other reason then to be nice to others, not just thinking about your own tempermental egotistical self.

Just be nice Plant, thats all it will take.

That is so beautiful, to bad they do not live in the real world...............................

And like I said, We talk about being nice around here. Why cant Percy be "NICE" and do it for no other reason then that?? Yes, be nice to the mass majority of your fans that want you to do new things with your old band mates. Do it for no other reason then to be nice to others, not just thinking about your own tempermental egotistical self.

Just be nice Plant, thats all it will take.

Oh really? I guess his album with Alison Krauss, which has already gone Platinum and is his biggest solo release of non-Zep material in 20 years, isn't pleasing anyone. Especially in this day and age of terrible album sales. Not to mention the sellouts for their tour.

Who's being selfish, the person who wants to live their own life or the person who continually demands a singer to be a cartoon image of himself crystallized in 1975?

That is so beautiful, to bad they do not live in the real world.

He must be proud of what he does and maintain his own sense of integrity.

You know the first time I traveled out in the rain and snow

I didn't have no payroll not even no place to go

but I ain't going down that long old lonesome road all by myself

I can't carry you baby gonna carry somebody else

-Canned Heat

I get so tired of the "artist" cop out. People in other lines of work do what it takes to keep their customers happy. A great heart surgeon might get tired of doing heart sugeries, but he shows up because he knows thats what his duty is to his patient. A fireman or policeman gets tired of putting his life on the line, but guess what.................they do it. Percy gets tired of doing LZ and because he is a "artist", he gets a pass.

You aren't actually comparing a rock singer to a surgeon, firefighter, or cop are you? Are you going to die if Plant doesn't tour as Zeppelin again? Saying that there's any sort of parallel between those 3 careers and the fact that their duty is to save lives, and wanting a rock singer to sing Zeppelin songs for you, is utterly ludicrous.

No, Doctors, Policemen, Firefighters etc., are much more important then Percy. Just making the point that in most lines of work including those that most of us have we have to try and keep our customers happy. Plant can flip flop around all he wants with different types of music and keep about 10% of his fans happy while playing games with the other 90%. He could do both if he were just a little nicer.

No, Doctors, Policemen, Firefighters etc., are much more important then Percy. Just making the point that in most lines of work including those that most of us have we have to try and keep our customers happy. Plant can flip flop around all he wants with different types of music and keep about 10% of his fans happy while playing games with the other 90%. He could do both if he were just a little nicer.

So if your home is ablaze, and one member of your local fire company who you really admire, the greatest firefighter ever, has transferred, you're staying inside?

Jeez, even a straight line is two-dimensional.__________________ Yet you can't even manage that. You have one point. One point in space.

If I had but one point to make in all the forums, and I made it as often as you, I'd call myself a troll. You're like Spats with a Plant impairment.

Other than Plant's the greatest and we're all being strung along by his selfish ways, you have zip to say. Why not wear a sign or something?

Zeppelin broke up 28 years ago, when Bonzo died. Plant didn't want to, and hasn't wanted to, carry on as Zeppelin out of respect to his friend. And for the past 28 years, almost HALF his life now, he's had guys like you following him around, ranting about what he owes you. You want him, at the age of 60, to just pick up and start doing something he quit doing when he was 32. Why? Because you didn't get to see it, or didn't get enough of it, when he did it from 1969-1980. Well, tough shit. Would it be nice and make lots of fans happy? Sure. But he made millions of fans happy making Zep records and touring in the 70's. At what point has he made "enough" fans happy, to meet your quota? When you are happy? Then it'll be enough?

I know Ev, I like him, and I've met him and it was a true pleasure. And I think it's nice to see somebody try to cover Ev's back - I've done that myself a few times in the past, and he has covered mine. That doesn't mean we always agree - and if/when we disagree on something, that's all it is. There aren't many people who have contributed as much to these forums as he has done through the years. Ev has my respect.

Cheers Otto! The pleasure's been all mine! :beer:

Part of me can't wait till they are too old to tour so I won't have to listen to this. Maybe Zeppelin can carry on with replacement members like KISS plans to do. :D

If you are a true Plant fan then you would support him with whatever he does. Would I like to see the surviving members reform with Jason and play a few dates? Yes. But, if they don't, I will be happy with the O2, which is A LOT more than we had for many many years. Zeppelin doesn't owe us shit. They gave us plenty in their time, and quite frankly I admire them for hanging it up when Bonzo died.

One last thing - I have always taken what Plant says with a grain of salt. Until Jimmy says there will never be anymore shows, I will remain hopeful. But he hasn't said it, and Robert hasn't finished his commitments with AK. So, I and many more will patiently wait until said time comes.

The perfect summary for this arguement comes from T-Bone Burnett...

Do you have any insight on that front?"No, I really don’t. Just guessing - I think they’ll do something new. It might be a daunting task to go out night after night and re-create something that happened 30 years ago. This doesn’t come from Robert - this is just me putting myself in his shoes. To go out as singer, particularly, for months, years… it might be tough. Again, this is really just me, I only know what I read, and Robert and I have hardly talked about it at all. As I understand it, Jimmy Page has a bunch of new tunes written. God, that really could be something great, you know?

One thing I can say for sure is that it’s been presented like a choice - Robert’s not doing Led Zeppelin so that he can do this. That’s not really the point. The point is that he can do both anytime he wants to. It’s about freedom for him. I hope they’ll come a time when they’ll get together and do something."

Lock this sucker up and move on.

Archived