Robert plant hoping to record second album

misty mountain

i can see what he means. led zeppelin has always been different than all the other bands, a little left of center.

if they were to tour, they would be like every other older band like the who and pink floyd, sort of losing the mystique and aura that is zeppelin. i would certainly love to see zeppelin in concert, we all would, but i think not touring really isn't a bad decision if you look at it from robert's perspective.

Probably been said a million times already but Robert can do whatever he wants. If he wants another go with Alison then more power to him. If it's as good as RS then it was time well spent.

BUT I'm still hoping and praying for a LZ tour of some kind.

Led Zeppelin's Viking Ship has sailed.......without Robert on it. He's happily Raising Sand as he waves goodbye from the shoreline.

I don't see it ever happening. Not unless there's another 'tribute' or 'charity' that Robert feels the need to board that ship again.

I've changed my mind. As long as Robert keeps his long mane of hair (as he is approaching age 60), I think we still have the chance that he'll change his mind, and re-visit his roots (and I don't mean hair).

:rolleyes:

^^ good one! :lol:

They played RP's "In the Mood" on the radio today and then the DJ said.....and I quote..."Hey Robert, we all wish you were in the mood to do a Led Zeppelin World Tour. (applause in the background). Enough of this Alison Krause crap. Join up with the Hammer of the Gods and put a big smile on everyone's face."

You know If Robert Plant would just take one year and do a LZ album and go on tour, then he wouldn't have to put up with this crap all the time.

Just do an album and a tour, and people would stop harassing him all the time. Then after that they could do one offs here and there, then he could spend the rest of his time doing whatever he wants without being bothered by it.

LOL. Yeah, I knew it wasn't quite right. Was on yesterday. Hadn't seen it since...back then. Also, got to relive the "No Stairway" scene. Denied?! LMAO.

What sucks is that due to copyright issues, they had to replace the Stairway intro on video/DVD with some random solo, making the joke not really make sense.

I love Raising Sand, but I hope Robert realizes that he isn't a bluegrass artist. He has a bit of music of many different places, but there are a lot more types that he hasn't fully touched on. If he wanted to stay with Alison, I hae no problem with it I just hope that he will also put out more types of music.

I believe that everyone has felt that this collaboration between Robert and Alison has been good as far as "unleashing" some of Roberts hidden talents for harmonic singing etc.As for Robert continuing on his journey with Alison,I believe that the time on the road and in a recording studio could take its toll on her ;as far her young family (which should be her 1st priority) / children need from a very early age; the love and care of there mother within a home life were "ground rules" can be difficult to provide if she is touring and recording and constantly traveling. How many of the older rock stars now complain or wish they had spent more time with there family/children as time go's bye.

You know If Robert Plant would just take one year and do a LZ album and go on tour, then he wouldn't have to put up with this crap all the time.

Just do an album and a tour, and people would stop harassing him all the time. Then after that they could do one offs here and there, then he could spend the rest of his time doing whatever he wants without being bothered by it.

You know, a lot of people sid that if he would just reunite with them one more time for one last big show, people would stop bothering him and he could go do what he wanted.......................

As fans we want to see Robert with Jimmy, JPJ, and Jason. I used to blame Robert but now I see it different. (Mostly it was his sarcastic remarks when asked why not.)

If his heart is somewhere else, so be it. No one should want someone they care about to do something if there heart is not in it.

You know, a lot of people sid that if he would just reunite with them one more time for one last big show, people would stop bothering him and he could go do what he wanted.......................

Well put Knebby....I agree 100%.

Let's face it, Zep will never do a full blown tour again; for the demand it would generate, it would be a logistical nightmare for the people planning it. IMHO.

They may do a one-off performance if it tickles their fancy or if it is a worthwhile charity they all agree on.

Sorry if I've rained on anyones parade. :unsure:

Well put Knebby....I agree 100%.

Let's face it, Zep will never do a full blown tour again; for the demand it would generate, it would be a logistical nightmare for the people planning it. IMHO.

They may do a one-off performance if it tickles their fancy or if it is a worthwhile charity they all agree on.

Sorry if I've rained on anyones parade. :unsure:

You just rained on mine. I wont give up hope for a tour. No way. And just because you say it wont happen, that means diddly. Neither of us know what the future holds. I am a believer. And I am not alone.

You just rained on mine. I wont give up hope for a tour. No way. And just because you say it wont happen, that means diddly. Neither of us know what the future holds. I am a believer. And I am not alone.

I'm sorry I rained on your parade...there's no reason to be defensive and rude. Everyone on this forum is entitled to their opinion, including me, same as you...Have you heard me bashing people for believing a tour could happen? I think not! I don't get all hostile and tell them that their opinions mean diddly (as you put it).

Have you so disrespectfully chastised other people for voicing the same opinion? I'm not the only person to think that a tour is highly unlikely.

Of course no one knows for sure if they will ever tour again...they might...and that would be great, but my opinion is, that it would never be a full blown tour...and your right, neither of us knows what the future holds. I never told you not to lose hope or anyone else for that matter.

Respect my opinion just as I respect yours. :wave:

I never heard anyone say that.

Its not quiet that simple ;simply because the demand for led zeppelin (at last count ;over 20 million people wanted tickets)to do a concert or a big show ;people want that ONE OFF show in there home city /town.there fore if they do 1 -1off show they'd always be hassled; to do more shows .That is the reality in the real world. .

I never heard anyone say that.

About a few thousand posts on several forums. Before the O2, it was always "One more Robert! Pleeeease! Just one more! time!".

I understand people who don't like what he's doing now. Not their cup o tea. That's natural. I just happen to be someone who lived in the Blue Ridge Mountains for a time, and fell in love with bluegrass. I've been an Alison Krauss fan for 10 years. Lucky me I guess! :lol:

I just have to laugh when people call Robert selfish. Laugh and feel a bit sad. It's like the people who cried bloody murder when Bob Dylan went electric in 1963. It was treasonous to the folkies at the time. But an artist has to follow his muse. Otherwise it's insincere. Robert did the O2 out of love for for Ahmet. That's genuine. If he were selfish, he'd not have done the gig, right? So what he's doing now doesn't do it for you? That's no reason to rip him to pieces.

I also find it funny (and puzzling) that people are referring to blugrass as "old people's music". Alison is what, 36? 37? And she's been doing this for decades. Since she was a young girl. And there are plenty of young bluegrass fans out there. Granted, they might not all be Zeppelin fans, so you won't hear their voices here, but believe me, to young bluegrass fans, the genre is as alive and vibrant as it ever was. It's ironic really. Zeppelin did so many traditional blues and folk songs. Songs from the 20s. No one accused them of playing grandad's music then. Sure they did it in new and innovative ways at times, but to a bluegrass/roots music fan, Raising Sand is new and innovative. It's another facet of what Robert is moved by. Let him have his fun.

About a few thousand posts on several forums. Before the O2, it was always "One more Robert! Pleeeease! Just one more! time!".

I understand people who don't like what he's doing now. Not their cup o tea. That's natural. I just happen to be someone who lived in the Blue Ridge Mountains for a time, and fell in love with bluegrass. I've been an Alison Krauss fan for 10 years. Lucky me I guess! :lol:

I just have to laugh when people call Robert selfish. Laugh and feel a bit sad. It's like the people who cried bloody murder when Bob Dylan went electric in 1963. It was treasonous to the folkies at the time. But an artist has to follow his muse. Otherwise it's insincere. Robert did the O2 out of love for for Ahmet. That's genuine. If he were selfish, he'd not have done the gig, right? So what he's doing now doesn't do it for you? That's no reason to rip him to pieces.

I also find it funny (and puzzling) that people are referring to blugrass as "old people's music". Alison is what, 36? 37? And she's been doing this for decades. Since she was a young girl. And there are plenty of young bluegrass fans out there. Granted, they might not all be Zeppelin fans, so you won't hear their voices here, but believe me, to young bluegrass fans, the genre is as alive and vibrant as it ever was. It's ironic really. Zeppelin did so many traditional blues and folk songs. Songs from the 20s. No one accused them of playing grandad's music then. Sure they did it in new and innovative ways at times, but to a bluegrass/roots music fan, Raising Sand is new and innovative. It's another facet of what Robert is moved by. Let him have his fun.

Thanks for your posts ;i really enjoy seeing your common sense replies and know that you think carefully how you word your replies.Can you answer a question for me ?In one of the led zeppelin books i read some years ago.i read (in a paragraph about Roberts vocal style) some woman in the 2nd world war was compared to Roberts vocal range etc.(and no it was not petula Clark)cheers: if you know the answer.

Thanks for your posts ;i really enjoy seeing your common sense replies and know that you think carefully how you word your replies.Can you answer a question for me ?In one of the led zeppelin books i read some years ago.i read (in a paragraph about Roberts vocal style) some woman in the 2nd world war was compared to Roberts vocal range etc.(and no it was not petula Clark)cheers: if you know the answer.

Edith Piaf ?

I can't imagine the pressure on the boys to reunite Led Zeppelin ever going away while they still possibly can do it. And as we all know Robert is the only one who isn't keen to do it, that pressure must be felt differently by him than the others. He can shoulder that. A lot of us love Led Zeppelin, so it's only an expected thing.

And I think it's perfectly natural that fans of Led Zeppelin don't all agree on any other projects by the members of the band. We should be able to discuss these projects, including the Alison/Robert (and T-Bone Burnett) collaboration in a friendly manner. As I see it, there's certainly no reason to complain about the quality of the music they're making; everybody's contribution there is excellent as far I can judge. Since I wrote last on this thread I've seen/heard the CMT Crossroads thing too, and it only confirms my earlier judgment, I feel. As for Robert, his singing is great. I even like some of the songs! :lol:

Speaking for myself, however, on the whole this type of music isn't exactly my cup of tea. And when Robert now says going on with this would be more challenging than going on with things he used to do in the past I can't say I agree with that assessment except in a very limited sense. He's been working on a different type of singing than he's used to, harmonies obviously, but above all: more restraint (less masculine projection as mentioned by Robert several times now, is about restraint mostly too).

In that limited sense the Krauss collaboration is challenging; but if you look at it from other viewpoints, half a Led Zeppelin show poses more challenges to his vocal abilities than 10 shows with Krauss. Robert sang his nuts off at the O2, as he put it himself. There is no other way to do a Led Zeppelin show, because otherwise it just won't sound right at all.

I really, really hope he changes his mind, but if he doesn't, and if his artistic freedom just places other demands on him now, then I can live with that - I already have for decades. B)

Bluegrass old music?

Some would say Blues and Rock and Roll is old music too.

Gee, Zeppelins music is probably vintage as well!

I've always thought Bron-y-aur Stomp was kind of Bluegrassy?

Bill Monroe, Lester Flatt and Earl Scruggs, gotta love 'em.

As for Robert and Alison, whilst it took a bit of getting used to I love it.

To be honest until Robert got involved I had never heard of her, more's

the pity for me.

Playing with her and T Bone is just an extension of the Zeppelin philosophy

of pushing musical boundaries, of which they were never afraid to do.

Finally, if ever there was a catalyst for Robert to do it one more time with

Zep then surely this collaboration is it.

Why?

Well he is recording, treading the boards again playing live with accomplished

musicians.

What better way to get the creative juices flowing again?

Dare I say he is a mused!?

Hi

I was hesitant in posting this info since at times the tone on this site can be a bit harsh. But anyway, when Plant and Krause were in Stockholm for their concert two weeks ago they also picked up their platnum albums for Swedish sales over 40,000 units. During the press conference Robert was asked whether there were any plans for a follow up album. Robert replied that it was up to the boss, i.e. T bone Burnett. Whereupon, T Bone replied that yes a new album was definitely a good idea. Nothing more specific was said and it seems to be in line with what has been stated at the beginning of this thread.

Overall, the stockholm show was quite good with Robert in fine form. Of course it was completly different from the O2.

Finally, why can't we all hope for more of both Zep and Plant/Krause for the future instead of bickering about the merits of one or the other in the present? :)

Cheers B)

I am happy for Robert because he is having a great time. He has earned the right to do whatever he feels is right for him. I now do not believe that we'll ever see another LZ tour. That said, i DO wish that he would kindly tell us all once and for all that he will not tour again with Zeppelin. This would take a lot of pressure off of him and the band and allow fans with false hope to get on with their lives.

Perhaps he will not do this because it might be misinterpreted. People will believe that he'll never play with JP, JPJ and Jason again when in fact he probably will do a "cause" show again. Then the "when does the tour start" cycle starts all over again.

Does anybody else think that he should just call a presser and give us the truth or is it possible that he really doesn't know what's going to happen.....still?

Archived