Robert plant hoping to record second album

misty mountain

Only joking, of course he was originally in Soundgarden!

he was? i thought he sang in audioslave :burp:

but then, i've only been into music for 5 minutes....

before i get a bunch of mutants dancing on my head about soundgarden-

i'm joking

Should use the singer from Jason Bonhams old band. Charles West is his name. He sang on the album "When You See The Sun". Very underrated album, I thought it was great, worth checking out if you dont already have.

"kiss the world goodbye"

kickass.

For the record here, you can't correctly describe Robert/Alison's collaboration as bluegrass. It's more American-folk, early country music....of which bluegrass certainly has ties to and is in a similar vein....but it is not bluegrass in the sense that they are going to be doing Bill Monroe's "I'm On My Way Back To The Old Home" or a Flatt and Scruggs tune for an encore.

To describe their music as bluegrass simply because Alison's background is in bluegrass would be similar to describing it as "rock" because Robert's background just happens to be in what was IMO the greatest rock band of all-time.

Just wanted to clarify that.

Oh and BTW the last couple shows that have been uh, "available" are getting better and better and they are really starting to come together. Much better than the record I think. And to hear Robert harmonize on songs I've sung since I was a kid is an absolute treat!

If this collaboration is what makes Robert happy then more power to him. Gee, what a concept.....I would tell Robert stop listening to everyone who would like to keep you in a box and do what makes you happy....what a thought.

:rolleyes:

For the record here, you can't correctly describe Robert/Alison's collaboration as bluegrass. It's more American-folk, early country music....of which bluegrass certainly has ties to and is in a similar vein....but it is not bluegrass in the sense that they are going to be doing Bill Monroe's "I'm On My Way Back To The Old Home" or a Flatt and Scruggs tune for an encore.

To describe their music as bluegrass simply because Alison's background is in bluegrass would be similar to describing it as "rock" because Robert's background just happens to be in what was IMO the greatest rock band of all-time.

Just wanted to clarify that.

Oh and BTW the last couple shows that have been uh, "available" are getting better and better and they are really starting to come together. Much better than the record I think. And to hear Robert harmonize on songs I've sung since I was a kid is an absolute treat!

If this collaboration is what makes Robert happy then more power to him. Gee, what a concept.....I would tell Robert stop listening to everyone who would like to keep you in a box and do what makes you happy....what a thought.

Excellent post Stringy! I agree with every word! :beer:

...they got some great rockabilly as well and are going close to the roots of the haunting heart of folk music from various parts of the world as well as some good old country and gospel. I'm looking forward to the show in July.

I don't think it has to limit Robert's interest to do something or other with his original cohorts though...

...they got some great rockabilly as well and are going close to the roots of the haunting heart of folk music from various parts of the world as well as some good old country and gospel. I'm looking forward to the show in July.

I don't think it has to limit Robert's interest to do something or other with his original cohorts though...

Brings a great point to mind, i.e. The Honeydrippers. Ray Charles tunes? Young Boy Blues? Not to mention his love of Elvis! Little Sister! Clearly he's been searching his roots for a long time. Thanks for the reminder! :beer:

Exactly. I find it pathetic when people assume he owes the fans anything. He owes nothing when it comes to Zeppelin. If you want it, there is plenty of music available.

Yes I'd love to hear Jimmy's stuff especially played with John Paul Jones and Bonham....just get the right singer. His singers have all been cheesy crooners so far so I'm not optimistic at this point.

Here's a strange idea; maybe a female singer-off the top of my head I'd suggest Joan Osborne...

Joan is a really fantastic, soulful, blues-oriented singer.

Hmmm, if we're looking for female singers why not... Alison Krauss? I can see it now: "Sorry Rob, can't record a second album. I'm busy touring with Led Zeppelin."

Maybe they'll be able do do an album with some guest singers? JPJ could sing a tune, have one with Robert, one with Alison, etc etc. It could be the next best thing to a truly reformed Led Zeppelin. Or just go on tour and back up Robert and Alison. They are playing Zeppelin material anyway.

I'm just hoping they do SOMETHING. The suspense is killing me.

As people have said before, Robert can do what he wants, he owe's us nothing. Well that works both ways. If he dosen't give me what I want, why should I buy his records, or go to his concerts? Remember this is a "Led Zeppelin" site, not a "Robert Plant" site, I can distinguish between the two, many of you cant, or wont.

This was so well said a couple of pages back. And believe me, Plant always does exactly what Plant wants. He proves that over and over again. He sure "Looks" out of place with Allison.

This was so well said a couple of pages back. And believe me, Plant always does exactly what Plant wants. He proves that over and over again. He sure "Looks" out of place with Allison.

Um, have you seen them on Crossroads? Two peas in a pod from my point of view. Totally natural. I see smiles, joy, and a genuine enthusiasm for what they're doing. I think the REAL problem is that Plant doesn't do what YOU want. Hey, I pay my taxes and the government doesn't do what I want, but I'm still glad to live here. Know what I'm saying? :beer:

Some might call it something else.

Are you insinuating there's something more than a friendly affection between Alison and Robert? Um, there ISN'T. No more to it than Robert hugging Jimmy after a show. Sorry, Robert's got his own love interest and so does Alison. :beer:

That picture kind'a sums it up. Give me a break , he's old enough to be her Grand dad, er' I mean Father.

What the hell has that got to do with the music? :huh: And the music is fantastic, live more than on CD, IMO.

Zeppelin was fantasticker. But whatever Robert's heart is in is going to be great. And I think it's totally appropriate to say that on an "official" Zep board, since he's one of the people we're discussing (when we're not fighting).

Are you insinuating there's something more than a friendly affection between Alison and Robert? Um, there ISN'T. No more to it than Robert hugging Jimmy after a show. Sorry, Robert's got his own love interest and so does Alison.

Not insinuating anything. Just saying (IMHO) that in their videos, it looks strange that a crusty old frontman from the greatest rock band of all time is seranading around with a lady young enough to be his daughter, thats all...........nothing more.

And by the way, many, many do not like their music. Yes, it has sold a million copies........wow, I think Hanna Montanna's last has sold 10 times more.

And since when is disagreement fighting????????

What the hell has that got to do with the music? :huh: And the music is fantastic, live more than on CD, IMO.

Zeppelin was fantasticker. But whatever Robert's heart is in is going to be great. And I think it's totally appropriate to say that on an "official" Zep board, since he's one of the people we're discussing (when we're not fighting).

I totally agree 100%. Even though I (and many many other people I'm sure) would love to see a Led Zep tour, Robert should be doing whatever makes him happy. He nor any other member of the band owes us anything at this point. Their music legacy will live on well past the time that I'm not on this earth!!

Not insinuating anything. Just saying (IMHO) that in their videos, it looks strange that a crusty old frontman from the greatest rock band of all time is seranading around with a lady young enough to be his daughter, thats all...........nothing more.

And by the way, many, many do not like their music. Yes, it has sold a million copies........wow, I think Hanna Montanna's last has sold 10 times more.

I didn't mean "fighting" with you, scs--stick around the board long enough, though, you'll see some fighting. :D

And it's very true that many don't like their music. (I can't say it's my favorite of Robert's solo work, in fact.) Many people don't like Zeppelin, either. Each to their own. The people who love it, love it, and more power to 'em.

What's age got to do with it? Robert may be nearly 60 but he's got more drive and energy and zest for life than I've seen in people in their 20s. It's a number and a state of mind and has nothing to do with anything really. It's a professional, working relationship. Any "chemistry" between them is merely a result of being really happy with this project.

Many people don't like Hannah Montana either? Not sure what the point is. That's music. Some like certain artists, some don't.

My point is: Back to the original topic, I have no problem if there is another Alison Krauss CD. Only a problem if Plant is singing back up vocals on it like the first.

He's not always singing back up vocals. Some tracks she takes the lead, some he does and some they share.

I'd like to see them do something down the road but I would really love to get another record with Strange Sensation after this.

Well put Knebby....I agree 100%.

Let's face it, Zep will never do a full blown tour again; for the demand it would generate, it would be a logistical nightmare for the people planning it. IMHO.

They may do a one-off performance if it tickles their fancy or if it is a worthwhile charity they all agree on.

Sorry if I've rained on anyones parade. :unsure:

Well, if what Plant said is true, then the O2 is not the end of Zeppelin. He said that he was open to playing with Zeppelin every now and then so maybe it could become an annual thing or something? It may not be what all, or should I say most, are hoping for, but it'd be better than nothing.

Archived