Relationships

Bitchin Soul

There's this chick at work who calls her husband every single day, during both breaks, and during lunch. Or he calls her. Seriously! It's ridiculous. If someone called me that much, it would be one of the major reasons why I would dump them.....

I have a friend who's girlfriend got a job in the building next to him. So now they drive to work together, have their lunch break together, drive home together, have dinner together, etc. I don't know how he keeps his sanity. :o

Ya mean them out of your hair. :D You only go out with the boys once a month? When i was in a relationship it would be a couple times a week. :D Whenever we felt like it.

Oh, when we were younger, we did all that. After 30 yrs though, that kind of stuff get's old. We have and alway's did have a great social life...together. It just keeps evolving.

Oh, when we were younger, we did all that. After 30 yrs though, that kind of stuff get's old. We have and alway's did have a great social life...together. It just keeps evolving.

I have always had a problem mixing my girlfriends with my social life with my buddies. It's tough having my buddies hanging out with the girlfriends and wives because you cant really talk about the same things you could talk about if it was just guys. It's a different mood and not as fun. When the women are there you have to censor yourself somewhat and stuff comes up in conversation that is more interesting to women than it is to guys. Stuff you wouldn't normally be talking about.

I have always had a problem mixing my girlfriends with my social life with my buddies. It's tough having my buddies hanging out with the girlfriends and wives because you cant really talk about the same things you could talk about if it was just guys. It's a different mood and not as fun. When the women are there you have to censor yourself somewhat and stuff comes up in conversation that is more interesting to women than it is to guys. Stuff you wouldn't normally be talking about.

You otta hear what the ladies are talking about :D

Yeah it makes life so much easier when that element is part of things. During the week my wife and I are ships passing in the night. It's been like that for years. I know it's not everyones cup of tea to do it that way but it has worked wonderfully for us. We talk by phone and are well aware of anything that needs to be attended to. This came out of need when the kids were young. Because I had flexable hours, I worked the evening shift to avoid having to use daycare. I continue to do so because frankly....it works for both of us. I'm not allowed to retire though :D

Now that's a cool relationship. Keep it coolin baby...

You otta hear what the ladies are talking about :D

These women haven't been talking about anything that interests me. Whenever they have come out with us the conversation steers to kids, or who is dating who, or who is getting married, stuff having to do with their homes, or they want to turn it into a battle of the sexes.. "women are smarter than men...blah, blah."

These women haven't been talking about anything that interests me. Whenever they have come out with us the conversation steers to kids, or who is dating who, or who is getting married, stuff having to do with their homes, or they want to turn it into a battle of the sexes.. "women are smarter than men...blah, blah."

I'm just happy they are talking. That's fine with me lmao/

That kind of talk puts me to sleep.

My mom once asked me "What do you think of a woman with kids?" "Well, I know she does, no question about it lmao."

She just laughed away...

It just depends on the company you keep. Actually, I have better conversations with most of my friends wives, than I do with them. I know my wife enjoy's talking to my buddy's. We've all known each other for so many years it's like second nature. Life is good if you give it a chance

It just depends on the company you keep. Actually, I have better conversations with most of my friends wives, than I do with them. I know my wife enjoy's talking to my buddy's. We've all known each other for so many years it's like second nature. Life is good if you give it a chance

I have always had better conversations with my buddies more than any of my girlfriends or their girlfriends or wives. You can trust the buddies you have had for years and years more than you can trust a girlfriend, you can tell them pretty much anything and it won't bother them. It's not really the same with a girlfriend. And with a girlfriend you have to worry that she will tell her girlfriends stuff about you. Because they love to talk about their relationhips with each other.

I have always had better conversations with my buddies more than any of my girlfriends or their girlfriends or wives. You can trust the buddies you have had for years and years more than you can trust a girlfriend, you can tell them pretty much anything and it won't bother them. It's not really the same with a girlfriend. And with a girlfriend you have to worry that she will tell her girlfriends stuff about you. Because they love to talk about their relationhips with each other.

Speak for yourself and those you "hook up with". My boyfriend can tell me anything and it won't bother me. We trust each other enough to have a normal conversation.

Speak for yourself and those you "hook up with". My boyfriend can tell me anything and it won't bother me. We trust each other enough to have a normal conversation.

i can completely relate to what he is saying...growing up with 5 brothers and working in the military and aviation fields...guys are more laid back and tend to have a better sense of humor...they are constantly joking around and things slide off them...around women you have to be very careful what you say because they tend to take everything personally and get their feelings hurt...

i can completely relate to what he is saying...growing up with 5 brothers and working in the military and aviation fields...guys are more laid back and tend to have a better sense of humor...they are constantly joking around and things slide off them...around women you have to be very careful what you say because they tend to take everything personally and get their feelings hurt...

Fair enough, I'm just saying that I can't. I hate generalizations.

Yeah to be honest, I think being able to talk to someone has got nothing to do with gender. I know guy's that are way more sensitive than any girl that I've met. And I'm not talking about people who are a little on the shy side. Shy people can and do come around once they feel comfortable. Our friends tend to be people who we respect so what we say and how we act around each other is determined by that. If any of them, man or woman, is having a problem then we deal with it privately.

I want an honest women but i don't want one that wants to settle down. There is no point in hooking up with a woman who wants to settle down because i have no interest in settling down. (Much to my mothers dismay. :D ) It would be a mismatch. I want to be having lots of fun, not sitting at home together watching that american idol crap or going to home depot together.

I think Paris Hilton is available...if not, give it a couple of days :D

Totally agree! I'd hate to be judged as a female based on the 'women' that Spats meets...ARGH!! Spats, have you tried dating anyone who is out of high school? :lol:

Exactly. We always find ourself censoring ourselves or talk about different things when the women are around. Not fun.

That's great that you are like that. I just never come across women like that. I have always been able to be more open with my buddies than with women or any girlfriend i have ever had.

Do you tell your girlfriends about stuff that goes on between you and your boyfriend?

Totally agree! I'd hate to be judged as a female based on the 'women' that Spats meets...ARGH!! Spats, have you tried dating anyone who is out of high school? :lol:

You don't know any grown women who talk about who is dating who, who is getting married, kids, gardening and other household stuff, American Idol, etc. That's what the conversations go into when the women are out with us.

You don't know any grown women who talk about who is dating who, who is getting married, kids, gardening and other household stuff, American Idol, etc. That's what the conversations go into when the women are out with us.

Ok. I am convinced you run around with churchy, goody-two-shoes type people, based on what all you say about your buddies, the girls you know, and the concerts you attend.

Is that a correct assumption?

If it is, perhaps you need to change your crowd. TRUST ME--It's for your own good....

Ok. I am convinced you run around with churchy, goody-two-shoes type people, based on what all you say about your buddies, the girls you know, and the concerts you attend.

If it is, perhaps you need to change your crowd. TRUST ME--It's for your own good....

No, not at all. My single buddies are players. They go through women like they go through underwear. They are a lot more agressive than i am. These are the guys i should be hanging out with.

I don't really know any goody two shoes people.

If it is, perhaps you need to change your crowd. TRUST ME--It\\\\\\\'s for your own good....

You have a good point there. He needs to be with the far right evangelists or something. Shit, I\\\\\\\'m seeing people say a one night stand will send you to hell.

Horse shit too. Many hook up with someone and it just isnt a go. Trust me, if theres no chemistry you had better shelve it instead of running it into the ground. Same for this, dont act like you want a girl and then you dont. GET OFF YOUR ASS and say-----Im getting laid----or getting a woman you can tend to for the rest of your life seeing how some here think that comes first.

Crawl before you walk, walk before you run.

Dont put the cart before the donkey. This is a Rock Forum rock is sexy and nasty if you cannot handle it many may be alone here :)

Rant over>>>

You have a good point there. He needs to be with the far right evangelists or something. Shit, I\\\\\\\'m seeing people say a one night stand will send you to hell.

Horse shit too. Many hook up with someone and it just isnt a go. Trust me, if theres no chemistry you had better shelve it instead of running it into the ground. Same for this, dont act like you want a girl and then you dont. GET OFF YOUR ASS and say-----Im getting laid----or getting a woman you can tend to for the rest of your life seeing how some here think that comes first.

Crawl before you walk, walk before you run.

Dont put the cart before the donkey. This is a Rock Forum rock is sexy and nasty if you cannot handle it many may be alone here :)

Rant over>>>

Someone feeling guilty over some fire and brimstone, lol? Those one night stands may come back to haunt you in your adulthood. :) Well i'm joking.

All i really wanted to comment on is, kids don't always crawl before they walk. At 7 months my nephew (who didn't crawl very much at all) spent his time pulling up on furniture, etc getting his leg strenght. By 8 months the kid was running. True story.

Archived