Relationships

Bitchin Soul

True; I'm a Libra and my husband is a Gemini. Only thing is, being air signs, our nature is to procrastinate and be a little disorganized, so one of the pair needs to step up and take charge of paperwork and stuff.

I am procrastinator too so she would have to take charge on certain stuff.

You dont really believe in that stuff do you? I know people that do. I myself do not.

She was just taking another opportunity to insult me.

I personally don't really believe in it. But i am looking into anything that will improve my luck in the dating world. :)

Edited by spats

You dont really believe in that stuff do you? I know people that do. I myself do not.

And that's fine that you do not. Are you ridiculing people who believe in something other than what you do?

And that's fine that you do not. Are you ridiculing people who believe in something other than what you do?

Oh lets get offensive now. NO Im not ridiculing. Im only asking if she believes in it. I always find it curious to see who believes in it and who does not. Its in the damn newspaper everyday so I suppose there are many who do believe in it. My own personal opinion is that most of the stuff you read as forcasts are broad generalizations that a person born in any month can experience. Many times what they say is way off of my personal life. For what its worth, Im Leo.

Thanks for the words of encouragement and replies to my previous post. Lots of interesting comments here today.

Spats, in reply to your questions about marriage, I think that people need some sort of continuity in their lives, some "constant" that they can depend on as they age. (The TV show LOST did a fantastic episode about this recently. :D ) It wouldn't necessarily have to be family, it could be your belief system, your job, hobbies or interests, etc, but there is something special about human relationships remaining constant that those things can't replace. I imagine there are a lot of people who stay in an unhappy marriage just because of their shared history, & are satisfied with that rather than have to deal with the unknown.

I personally don't really believe in it. But i am looking into anything that will improve my luck in the dating world. :)

You might have to consider lowering you're standards, because what you describe as the perfect woman is NOT! standard. :rolleyes:

Astrology is very real. I suggest you do a good search online. Read up on it. It is extremely accurate.

It is a good thing to understand, not only for love relationships, for every type of relationship, and for people you aren't in relationships with. Astrology is the key to "people".

Some of it might not be totally accurate. That's when you go find another source.

If you want luck in the dating world, then you are going to have to do a lot of work. I don't know you and haven't read your posts.

I have had many good and a couple not so good long term relationships. I am not at all jaded because the good ones seriously overwhelm the not so good. I am presently crazy about someone, time will tell if things evolve (i'm hopeful).

My marriage failed because i married a wonderful friend who i didn't want intimacy with. To anyone who is presently staying married 5 more years for the sake of the children (and refers to the marriage as a prison sentence) i would say get out. There is no reason to stay with someone you feel is your prison warden. At least in my marriage, i was catered to, lol. That made it hard for me to leave.

I don't believe another person can make you happy if you don't already love yourself. But if you do, finding that special person can make your life so much more fulfilling than being alone (i know this for a fact).

For Spats: to answer your question, from earlier, i offer what i consider to be a beautiful song with meaningful lyrics. This is what i hope my next mate and i will have. This song exemplifies why people want to be "happily together".

btw (you need to listen to the song to get the feeling if you aren't already familiar with the song).

Incubus Dig Lyrics

We all have a weakness

But some of ours are easy to identify. Look me in the eye,

and ask for forgiveness.

We'll make a pact to never speak that word again.

Yes, you are my friend.

We all have something that digs at us,

at least we dig each other.

So when weakness turns my ego up

I know you'll count on me from yesterday.

If I turn into another

dig me up from under what is covering

the better part of me.

Sing this song

remind me that we'll always have each other

when everything else is gone.

We all have a sickness

that cleverly attaches and multiplies

No matter how we try.

We all have someone that digs at us,

So when sickness turns my ego up

I know you'll act as a clever medicine.

If I turn into another,

The better part of me.

Sing this song!

Remind me that we'll always have each other

Oh, each other when everything else is gone.

If I turn into another

the better part of me.

Sing this song

Edited by ~tangerine~

I am procrastinator too so she would have to take charge on certain stuff.

I am a Libra also and a major procrastinator. My husband is a Pisces and we seem to knock heads alot. I only believe in astrology when it says good things. I am amazed at all the great responses. It gives me great hope for the human race. Peace & Love

I am a Libra also and a major procrastinator. My husband is a Pisces and we seem to knock heads alot. I only believe in astrology when it says good things. I am amazed at all the great responses. It gives me great hope for the human race. Peace & Love

Don't be fooled by all the positive stories, lol. For every one you hear there are at least three bads ones in real life.

It's from Mandy. I ask because I opened it with photoshop and zoomed in quite a bit... the first and last letters in the name both look like "a," even zoomed in.

The lettering had to be so small that I couldn't get it to work, alright?

:angry:

I'll work on it...okay?

:D:D

Don't be fooled by all the positive stories, lol. For every one you hear there are at least three bads ones in real life.

Hey Tangerine I am not fooled. People in bad relationships usually do not talk about them because they are ashamed of them. Notice I did not go into full detail about mine. Most of my friends relationships are not bad just boring. We are in the age group of the mid-life crises. One thing I know for sure is the grass is not always greener on the other side. Everyday life is going to be boring sometime as in a marriage or relationship. I am just happy that some people are truly in love and sound content - maybe a little jealous.

Maybe there should be a new thread like how may of you would like to get out our your relationships? There probably would not be alot of responses because they are afraid their significant other might look at the computer.

Gainsbarre, I'm an American and I have always recognized Sondheim as a musical genius - but I may be the exception rather than the rule. I'm a native NYer and I "cut my musical theater teeth" (thanks to student rush tickets) on plays like Sondheim's "Company", "A Little Night Music" and (the original) "Sweeney Todd". I am outside of the world of musical theater but grew up dancing and dreaming of dancing on Broadway so, as much as I love Sondeim, "A Chorus Line" (and Michael Bennett's choreography) will always have a special place in my heart.

Ah, well, what can I say, but fantastique! :D I mean you're so lucky to have seen those productions!! You never get professional productions of Sondheim in Australia, and only rarely do you get amateur productions, so a lot of his musicals I've never seen but I know the music intimately.

And A Chorus Line, fantastic show, I often used to perform 'Nothing' from that musical. Always goes down a treat

The lettering had to be so small that I couldn't get it to work, alright?

:angry:

I'm sorry... :(

I wasn't trying to be an ass about it, I was just saying... maybe it does say spats. It just looks to me like "apata"...

Forgive me?... :boohoo:

I'll work on it...okay?

:D:D

Only if you feel you need to...

dontfeedthespats-1.gif

LOL

:P

Cool... :D:unsure:

Edited by Nathan

I have had many good and a couple not so good long term relationships. I am not at all jaded because the good ones seriously overwhelm the not so good. I am presently crazy about someone, time will tell if things evolve (i'm hopeful).

My marriage failed because i married a wonderful friend who i didn't want intimacy with. To anyone who is presently staying married 5 more years for the sake of the children (and refers to the marriage as a prison sentence) i would say get out. There is no reason to stay with someone you feel is your prison warden. At least in my marriage, i was catered to, lol. That made it hard for me to leave.

I don't believe another person can make you happy if you don't already love yourself. But if you do, finding that special person can make your life so much more fulfilling than being alone (i know this for a fact).

For Spats: to answer your question, from earlier, i offer what i consider to be a beautiful song with meaningful lyrics. This is what i hope my next mate and i will have. This song exemplifies why people want to be "happily together".

btw (you need to listen to the song to get the feeling if you aren't already familiar with the song).

Incubus Dig Lyrics

We all have a weakness

But some of ours are easy to identify. Look me in the eye,

and ask for forgiveness.

We'll make a pact to never speak that word again.

Yes, you are my friend.

We all have something that digs at us,

So when weakness turns my ego up

I know you'll count on me from yesterday.

If I turn into another

the better part of me.

Sing this song

We all have a sickness

that cleverly attaches and multiplies

No matter how we try.

We all have someone that digs at us,

So when sickness turns my ego up

I know you'll act as a clever medicine.

If I turn into another,

The better part of me.

Sing this song!

Remind me that we'll always have each other

If I turn into another

the better part of me.

Sing this song

I agree people should not stay together for the kids. The kids will be better off if the couple seperate.

Alright lyrics i guess but not very realistic.

I'm sorry... :(

I wasn't trying to be an ass about it, I was just saying... maybe it does say spats. It just looks to me like "apata"...

Forgive me?... :boohoo:

Only if you feel you need to...

Cool... :D:unsure:

Of course I forgive you--I wasn't mad to begin with. :P