Help with Led Zeppelin Trivia!

Gainsbarre

Hi everybody :)

I'm thinking of auditioning as a contestant for a quiz TV show answering questions on Led Zeppelin.

Now my area of trivia expertise is actually The Beatles, however not long ago they had a show dedicated to people answering Beatles trivia questions, so I'll have to pick another topic, so I'm thinking of Led Zeppelin.

So what I'd like people to do is post a trivia question about Led Zeppelin, and I'll answer it without researching it and we'll see how I go *fingerscrossed*

I don't know enough to ask any detail type questions. I'll leave that to your buddy Steve ;) How about starting with something easy?

What albums did they put out and in what order?

Ah thanks Uncle Bill :)

Right, i can do this one:

Led Zeppelin (Jan 1969)

Led Zeppelin II (Oct 69?)

Led Zeppelin III (Nov 70?)

Led Zeppelin IV - or symbols or untitled or whatever you want to call it (Nov 71)

Houses Of The Holy (March 73)

Physical Grafiti (Feb 75?)

Presence (sometime in 76, don't know the month)

The Song Remains The Same Soundtrack (76)

In Through the Out Door (aug 79?)

Coda (1982)

Led Zeppelin Greatest Hits album (whatever that was called - 1990)

Led Zeppelin DVD (2003)

Mothership (Nov 2007?)

If more questions come in my mind, I'll tell you...

Thanks!

Now if I remember correctly, they were called The Nobs during their Danish 1968 tour because of Madam Von Zeppelin's threat of legal action, yes?

All four members had previous careers prior to Led Zeppelin what were each on of their professions?

Hi Pug, nice to see you turn up here ;)

Well Page had been a producer for Interscope Records, I think, and session muso before joining the Yardbirds, JPJ was session muso and arranger working for Andrew Loog-Oldham and Mickie Most, Plant was singing in the Honeysuckles, and I have no idea what Bonham was doing apart from drumming for somebody...

Thanks!

Now if I remember correctly, they were called The Nobs during their Danish 1968 tour because of Madam Von Zeppelin's threat of legal action, yes?

I don't think it was in 1968, they were already quite famous by then, I'm guessing it was the second time they were in Denmark (1969?)

and the lady was called Eva Von Zeppelin.

Nice jobs Gains, I was very happy to see you over here to as the JPJ site is tragically dead. :( as for Bonzo he was a blue collar worker who met Percy when they joined the same band

Hi Gainsbarre! I think these TV game shows would use questions in all levels of difficulty so that the audience at home can play along. So don't overlook the easy ones, such as 'what is the bassist name?' And this might be simple one (though I confess I don't know the answer):

What is their longest song? the shortest?

Good luck....I hope you get on the show and win some big $$$. Keep us posted.

I don't think it was in 1968, they were already quite famous by then, I'm guessing it was the second time they were in Denmark (1969?)

and the lady was called Eva Von Zeppelin.

Pkay, I might ask Steve to give the definite answer on that one, but I think you're right. And Eva Von Zeppelin, thank you!

Nice jobs Gains, I was very happy to see you over here to as the JPJ site is tragically dead. :( as for Bonzo he was a blue collar worker who met Percy when they joined the same band

Yeah the JPJ forum has almost sadly died.

But what sort of a blue collar worker was Bonzo?

Hi Gainsbarre! I think these TV game shows would use questions in all levels of difficulty so that the audience at home can play along. So don't overlook the easy ones, such as 'what is the bassist name?' And this might be simple one (though I confess I don't know the answer):

What is their longest song? the shortest?

Good luck....I hope you get on the show and win some big $$$. Keep us posted.

You don't know the bassists name??? *shock* why it's John Paul Jones, of course, or John Baldwin as he was born, in 1946, in Sidcup Kent. Often known as JPJ or Jonesy by the band.

Now when you ask what was their longest song, do you mean what was their longest studio-based song, or what was their longest recording including Live material?

Their longest song, on an album recorded in the studio was, I think, In My Time Of Dying, on Physical Grafiti. I thought that was the longest at around 11 minutes...

Their longest song recorded from live material would be, I think, Dazed And Confused at over 25 minutes, from the Song Remains The Same soundtrack, which surely has to be the longest on an official Led Zep release...

The shortest one I would think would be Bron-yr-aur from Physical Grafiti, it's only like 2 minutes or somehting

There's no prizes whatsoever on this game show, it's just for the fun of it!

Yeah it's great! No on'e done Led Zep yet that I'm aware of so I'm gonna give it a go

Have you applied for or had an audition yet?

Let me know how you go / went, so I can tune in.

Here's one you should know...

Q: Hearing what record inspired the young James Patrick Page to first learn the guitar?

A: "Baby, let's play house" by Elvis Presley

(as told to Guitar Player magazine in 1977)

John Bonham had been the drummer for "The Senators",before Zep.

Excellent questions Angel...

I'm pretty sure Robert Plant was an accountant.

I think his folks wanted him to be an accountant, but not sure he actually worked as one. Do know he was a road builder.

Here's one for you Gainesbarre: when and where was "Stairway to Heaven" first played for a live audience?

According to VH1 Legends Bonham's father was a carpenter and it was said that Bonzo worked in construction.

Robert began training as a charted accountant but packed that in after a few weeks after he decided music was his true passion.

He also paved roads, boasting in paving half of the west Bromwich highway for six pence and two shillings a day.

Thanks!

That's correct. :D

Maybe something about Peter Grant's life f.ex. in which films he acted

* A Night to Remember (1958)

* The Guns of Navarone (1961)

* Cleopatra (movie)|Cleopatra (1963)

* Carry On Columbus (1992)

(from wikipedia)

OK that ought to be the one million dollar question...

Wonder ifsomeone would find out.

When will the show be and where?

Archived