Unreleased: The Master List

My strong suspicion now is that the Crossroads I have is a P&P performance, however that is still worth having on this list. There is no reason why it shouldn't span solo careers or Zep offshoots as well.

Now, swandown, why don't you add to this project instead of take away from it?

I compared your version and the Page/Plant version I have from the 1998 Shephards Bush show and I'm quite sure they're the same. Hopefully others can confirm this as well.

I compared your version and the Page/Plant version I have from the 1998 Shephards Bush show and I'm quite sure they're the same. Hopefully others can confirm this as well.

Yep, that's true. March 25, 1998, Shephards Bush. The boot I got it off of had it labeled as Zeppelin, and to add to the confusion Plant's voice sounds unusually youthful for 1998. I was wrong here; an honest mistake.

From what I read, "Swan Song" was the original instrumental/early version of "TSRTS". Page liked the name, wanted to use it for a song name and then it later became their label name (as we all know).

R B)

From what I read, "Swan Song" was the original instrumental/early version of "TSRTS". Page liked the name, wanted to use it for a song name and then it later became their label name (as we all know).

R B)

i was under the impression that the working title for "tsrts" a an instrumental was "the campaign"...

i was under the impression that the working title for "tsrts" a an instrumental was "the campaign"...

In their Japanese tour of 1972, Robert introduced TSRTS as "The Campaign". Forget which show, but it may be from 2 October 1972. I know for certain it's the show in which they performed a lengthy but strong version of "Stand By Me".

In their Japanese tour of 1972, Robert introduced TSRTS as "The Campaign". Forget which show, but it may be from 2 October 1972. I know for certain it's the show in which they performed a lengthy but strong version of "Stand By Me".

VERY strong version. B)

Why didn't you just give the answer in the first place? Instead i've had to read your 'i know something you don't know, na na na na na na' posts for the last three pages. I am aggrevied by this.

I agree. Maybe there is some history between these guys that I am not aware of, but, if you are not involved in the cyber fight, it is a pretty boring and childish read. SAJ was right when he said "collaboration is the key". Hopefully we can all focus on that going forward?

In any event, I did learn something from this thread. I had heard the version of Crossroads many times and I too would have sworn it was early Zep just because Plant sounds so awesome! Of course having visited You Tube as instructed somewhere in this thread I now realize what I in fact heard was Page & Plant. That was surprising! Info appreciated! Packaging, less so...

I had heard the version of Crossroads many times and I too would have sworn it was early Zep just because Plant sounds so awesome!

Oh, I know. I haven't heard him sound like that since '77 or so. At any rate, I'm going to be updating the list soon, so if you have a contribution now is a good time to submit it.

Archived