jimmy page on the cover of the new rolling stone

wow, just saw this at the rolling stone website...perhaps this is the cover he was shooting..

here's the link:

jimmy page/rolling stone cover

things must be better between him and jann wenner....

btw, this issue is the "100 greatest guitar songs: zep's highest is no.8: stairway to heaven

Thanks for posting that, beatbo. I usually ignore the polls (and most of the articles) in RS. That is a nice cover, though. :)

That is a great cover. I also like the side title refering to "Dickheads of the year". That is a great British phrase that North America took a while to get familiar with. In the 80s people over there used to wonder why I thought so many guys were deckhands. ;)

Well, he certainly hasn't got his guitar which is what Ross Halfin stated...and as I said in another post, all the UK July music mags are hitting the stands and Jimmy ain't featured. Wonder why Ross was being so cagey? Not as though it is a big breaking story...just another list.

Thanks for posting that, beatbo. I usually ignore the polls (and most of the articles) in RS. That is a nice cover, though. :)

i like the cover, too. van halen and b.b. king...pretty cool! the other kid...anybody know his music?

i like the cover, too. van halen and b.b. king...pretty cool! the other kid...anybody know his music?

Yes, it's great to see Jimmy, Eddie, and B.B. King together. :D

My daughter knows of Omar because she and her friends are fans of his band, Mars Volta. It's what I would call a "progressive" rock group. From what he's heard, my husband likes their sound because he's always be a fan of "progressive" rock and that sort of sound.

Jimmy's sporting a new doo. Who is his hairdresser?

:rolleyes:

I volunteer for his next photo shoot :D Looks like he might be growing the length but slicking the sides back a bit....

And is that really Eddie VanHalen?! Holy Crap! I guess I haven't seen pics of him in a while...would have never identified him....

Let's see if I can successfully embed this Mars Volta vid.....OK, guess no embedding here? Here's a YouTube link then...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JovRNx40c6E&hl

2ztiqsl.jpg

He's wearing the same outfit he wore at the Supremes' event. The jacket's pretty sweet... B)

72f91e.jpg

Is that Patty LaBelle with him? I hardly recognized Jimmy without his white/black wardrobe. Nice change!

Is that Patty LaBelle with him? I hardly recognized Jimmy without his white/black wardrobe. Nice change!

That's not Patti Labelle. Don't know who it is.

Nice to see Pagey lookin casual

No, it's Mary Wilson of the Supremes. There was an opening of an exhibition in London called

"The Story of the Supremes: The Mary Wilson Collection" a couple of weeks ago. I believe it's showing some of the costumes they wore in the sixties.

Yeah, I love Jimmy in jeans :wub:

Oh my God I've just realised looking at this again that Jimmy looks just like Glenn Hughes here. All teeth and smooth forehead. Gulp.

Yikes Knebby, I see what you mean..it's left me wondering if Jimmy has succumbed to the dreaded B word ?????

:o

I hope it's just the airbrush!

rs.JPG

When I see EVH and Jimmy and B.B. together like that.... all I can think of is the VH song titled "Top Jimmy" ..... "He's the King ! !" :DB)

:D

To see two pages of smiling guitar masters is just a great way to start the day!

Yikes Knebby, I see what you mean..it's left me wondering if Jimmy has succumbed to the dreaded B word ?????

:o

I hope it's just the airbrush!

I do think some photos are air brushed but even photos of him that show his age still look GREAT! And we know he didn't stay that way from 'clean' living B) Jimmy was always known to have a vain side....I have suspected for quite a while that a little cosmetic work has been done here and there. I don't blame him, why not look the best you can? Sure beats the shit out of looking like Robert who looks like someone you might run into in some honkey tonk....Oh, come to think of it...you might! :hysterical:

why is van halen in the front and kirk hammet on the back? hammet is way better.

jimmy looks kind of tall, probably standing on a box behind bb king!

Jimmy's just taller than Eddie and the Mars Volta guitarist.

The back cover has Santana, John Mayer, Buddy Guy and Hammet on it.

I think they just wanted to balance out the eras (ages) of music.

Buddy and BB (earliest of group to current) --- both are seated

Jimmy and Carlos (60's to current) --- both behind seated persons in middle

Eddie and Kirk (late 70s/80's to current) --- both on left side

Mars Volta guy and John Mayer (newest) --- both on right side

R B)

Jimmy's just taller than Eddie and the Mars Volta guitarist.

The back cover has Santana, John Mayer, Buddy Guy and Hammet on it.

I think they just wanted to balance out the eras (ages) of music.

Buddy and BB (earliest of group to current)

Jimmy and Carlos (60's to current)

Eddie and Kirk (late 70s/80's to current)

Mars Volta guy and John Mayer (newest)

R B)

Ahhhh, that IS Carlos!! I'm delighted to see him in this spread....right where he belongs!!

Archived