The Song Does NOT Remain the Same!

kashmiran

To be honest, I have not listened to the original (vinyl) in years (due to a fire)…my ears tell me the original sounded better…for some reason Dazed does not sound the same…It appears I must get a turntable and start recollecting vinyl…I must add, it's still sounds like the "gods of R & R" to me…

…”James Patrick Magic Fingers Page Plays Guitar”…

Last but not least…yes I agree…they should not of changed a thing…adding tracks is fine…making changes is…Sacrileges…Blasphemy…Need one say more…

Last but not least…yes I agree…they should not of changed a thing…adding tracks is fine…making changes is…Sacrileges…Blasphemy…Need one say more…

Some* changes were made for the better, though. "Stairway" is better** on the new version. Same applies to "The Song Remains the Same"*** and, in spite of the timing errors (which I corrected), "Dazed"****.

*Hardly any

**My opinion

***My opinion

****You're geting sick of my opinions by now, aren't you?

• 1 year later...
All i did was replace Black dog with the Led Zeppelin 2003 DVD version and replace NQ with the original version....

It is pretty strange that Jimmy didn't put a full version of Black Dog on the remastered version. The solo on at the end sounds great, but the song is too incomplete.

Hey, I didn't see this mentioned anywhere, but did anybody notice a really strange editing error in Stairway to Heaven on the remastered version?

Just go right up to the part before "There's a lady who's sure..." and listen really closely. There's this really weird 'pop' sound that somehow got past quality control. I thought maybe that was just my CD copy, but then I noticed that it was on the DVD too. Kevin Shirley, you did great work on HTWWW and DVD, what the hell happened here?

there is also a strange edit in 'Stairway' towards the end on the newer version right after 'to be a rock and not to roll' have listen to the guitar figure at the end and compare...I personally like the 1976 version more...

Ummmm about not being able to alter the film......why couldn't they do a "Director's Cut"?

Look at Lord Of The Rings. I'm sure if there were any lingering bad feelings between Mr. Clifton and the boys the opportunity to make some money should have allowed them to overcome all of that. There is no reason the outtakes couldn't have been inserted in their proper place. As far as the cd instead of making it a soundtrack for the movie Mr. Page should have just released it as a companion to the film and put out as complete a version of the songs as possible. Since there were no medleys paying out royalties to several different artists should not have been a problem.

• 4 weeks later...
Is the 'proper' No Quarter on the original 1976 DVD (not the 2007 remaster)?

And is the version of SIBLY on the 2007 DVD the same as the Led Zep 2003 DVD?

Thanks...

Hi everyone! I haven't been on here in awhile...

No the "proper" version of NQ is on the original TSRTS Vinyl album

The SIBLY versions on DVD and TSRTS are absolutely NOT the same...I refer you to Eddie Edwards

Archived