John Bonham Named Greatest Drummer!

Hell yeah,as you can tell by my sig i agree, Bonzo had skill, listen or watch four sticks, it's named coz he plays the drums with four sticks, he will be greatly miss by all thoughs who are and aren't drummers and of course are zep fans.

cheers for the link :beer:

I don't know...what about Karen Carpenter? :hysterical:

Duh! My dog is named Bonzo...after the worlds greatest drummer. Picked him out on the anniversary of his death - rest his soul. Hearing Moby Dick on the Q on the way to the breeder....

Thanks for the link. I love the description that accompanied the photo of Bonzo:

"1. John Bonham of Led Zeppelin – What is there left to say about John Bonham that hasn’t already been said? Very much the heartbeat of the greatest rock act to have walked Planet Earth, his sheer dexterity, speed and sense for a groove has rarely been paralleled in the music world. More importantly, Bonham is the benchmark for any aspiring rock drummer to follow. Despite it being almost three decades since his death his legacy still remains. "

He was absolutely the heartbeat of Zep.

I miss him still. :'(

Please tell me Don Brewer from Grand Funk Railroad is in there somewhere... the dude rocked and I don't feel like scrolling through 50 spots to find out...

Not on the list. Some others that didn't make it: Alex Van Halen, Denny Carmasi, Michael Lee, Chris Slade, Tommy Kramer, Nick Mason, Simon Kirk, Jason Bonham etc etc. I don't know if these guys should be on or not, just thought I would throw out some other names.

1. The exact link to Bonham's #1 Entry: http://www.gigwise.com/article?id=43499&image=50#gallery

2. The Photo

johnbonham-drum.jpg

3. The Text

#1. John Bonham of Led Zeppelin --- What is there left to say about John Bonham that hasn't already been said? Very much the heartbeat of the greatest rock act to have walked Planet Earth, his sheer dexterity, speed and sense for a groove has rarely been paralleled in the music world. More importantly, Bonham is the benchmark for any aspiring rock drummer to follow. Despite it being almost three decades since his death his legacy still remains.

:D

Archived