defining zep song  

37 members have voted

1. 1. defining zep song

• In The Light
    • Night Flight
    • Candy Store Rock
    • Hots On For Nowhere
    • I'm Gonna Crawl

Dude, you are high. Scratch that. VERY high. These are great, but they are certaintly not the best! Where's Kashmir? Where's Achilles Last Stand? Where's SIBLY? NQ? Stairway? :o You can't say that you are knowledgable about Zepp if you think THESE are the best, OK? Oh, Kashmir is the greatest song of all time. Just thought you should know that.

I could say "In the Light" was definitely a favorite for most of my listening years - but for the general masses, none of these would be a good selection. But you just started this because everything else has been said, here - right? "Whole Lotta Love" is the defining song you'll get the most nods for, I would think.

Dude, you are high. Scratch that. VERY high. These are great, but they are certaintly not the best! Where's Kashmir? Where's Achilles Last Stand? Where's SIBLY? NQ? Stairway? :o You can't say that you are knowledgable about Zepp if you think THESE are the best, OK? Oh, Kashmir is the greatest song of all time. Just thought you should know that.

I want some of what he's smokin'! :blink:

I'm surprised no one got this it was a joke. :D

But Hey! It may be a joke but the songs in your poll are great aswell even if they aren't the best, they're still pretty good.

I never understood what people saw in Kasmir... I consider myself one of the bigger Zeppelin fans out there.., but really, what is it about that song that people like? Sure its got a unique sound, but alot of the things I love about the Zeppelin are missing in this one - like a Page solo. I don't even consider them solos.. I consider it as a full verse where Page talks to you with his guitar.

I don't want to start any fights - I love the song, but I can't say its their best. If anyone would care to explain why they think Kashmir is their best, I'd be happy to hear your opinion.

If you ask me, Since I've Been Loving You is the all-time Led Zeppelin song. Its everything - a love ballad, a hate ballad, its slow at first, and builds energy till the solo, where if you were unclear about the meaning before, Page makes it clear with his emotion-driven guitar.

From the choices listed though, I voted I'm Gonna Crawl. Although I don't think any of those are really their best, out of the choices given, this song speaks to me the most.

The solo is being driven from something deep down, and, someone said it great in another post - the song makes me want to weep, get piss drunk, and throw an ex-lover out the god-damn in door.

I'm in total agreement with you docron. I don't know neither why people think Kashmir is the best song. Maybe it's because Rob finds that it's the sound that represent Led Zep? I don't think so. As for myself, I do think that the first four albums (let's say three) are the real original Led Zep sound. Since I've Been Loving You is a great exemple of what this band represent at all.

I'm in total agreement with you docron. I don't know neither why people think Kashmir is the best song. Maybe it's because Rob finds that it's the sound that represent Led Zep? I don't think so. As for myself, I do think that the first four albums (let's say three) are the real original Led Zep sound. Since I've Been Loving You is a great exemple of what this band represent at all.

I'm sorry, did I miss something here? The first four albums show the diversity and the soul that every great band should have! LZ 1, I think, is their best ever! But that is my opinion, and as you know, every has one.

DD

I'm sorry, did I miss something here? The first four albums show the diversity and the soul that every great band should have! LZ 1, I think, is their best ever! But that is my opinion, and as you know, every has one.

DD

I do think

• 4 months later...

None of those songs, honestly. Kashmir, Achilles Last Stand, Tea For One, When The Levee Breaks, Whole Lotta Love, Stairway To Heaven, Rock and Roll, Black Dog, No Quarter, In The Evening, Trampled Underfoot, Dazed and Confused......all those songs rank higher IMO than those on the list.

• 5 months later...

Archived