The all purpose KISS thread

To my surprise there is no KISS thread on the forum! :o So I'd thought I'd make one.

Any other fans of the band? i've been listening to them a lot lately after not listening to them for a couple of years and am rediscovering my love for this band.

IMG_7013.jpg

I was a huge fan back when I was a teenager in the 70s but can't say I'm really into 'em all that much these days. In fact, they're one of the few artists I owned vinyl records by that I haven't upgraded to CD (that is, if you can call CDs an "upgrade"). If I buy anything it'll probably be Alive! (my first record by them) and that's it. I did receive Kissology Vol. 1 as a gift a few Christmases ago which I have enjoyed immensely (especially some of the old TV clips which I haven't seen since they first aired). Although I enjoy watching the DVD from a nostalgia standpoint it didn't really renew my interest in Kiss. On that same note I also haven't really had the desire to see any of the many "farewell" tours either. I feel very fortunate that I got to see them on the Rock n' Roll Over Tour back in the 70s and would rather leave that memory intact.

I was a huge fan back when I was a teenager in the 70s but can't say I'm really into 'em all that much these days. In fact, they're one of the few artists I owned vinyl records by that I haven't upgraded to CD (that is, if you can call CDs an "upgrade"). If I buy anything it'll probably be Alive! (my first record by them) and that's it. I did receive Kissology Vol. 1 as a gift a few Christmases ago which I have enjoyed immensely (especially some of the old TV clips which I haven't seen since they first aired). Although I enjoy watching the DVD from a nostalgia standpoint it didn't really renew my interest in Kiss. On that same note I also haven't really had the desire to see any of the many "farewell" tours either. I feel very fortunate that I got to see them on the Rock n' Roll Over Tour back in the 70s and would rather leave that memory intact.

Fair enough, they do seem to be a big nostalgia act nowadays, they havent released an album in 10 years and dont plan to.

I'd still kill to see them live at least once though, they never come to the UK though, they are playing Download but thats quite out the way for me.

Original guitarist Ace Frehley seems to be doing a lot at the moment, he has a new album coming out very soon which I cant wait to hear. Should be coming back to the UK, will have to see him if he does.

i saw they have an upcoming gig in bergen...but what original members are left?

...remember "kiss meets the phantom of the park"? :hysterical: ...(yes i have it on vhs...but don't tell anybody)

Gene and Paul are still left but Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer wear the costumes of Ace and Peter. They still put on a good show by the looks of things.

Phantom Park :hysterical: I saw that on YouTube good for a piece of Spinal Tapesque rock comedy!

PAUL STANLEY Is 'Not Opposed' To Idea Of KISS Carrying On With All-New Members

Roy Hilmar Svendsen of Norway's NRK reports that KISS bassist/vocalist Gene Simmons has confirmed what has been some fans' biggest fear for some years now — that KISS are indeed planning to keep KISS running and touring after founders Paul Stanley and Simmons decide to take off the make-up for good.

During a familiar rant by Simmons about how KISS could go on forever, Svendsen asked jokingly if the band would consider looking for replacements for Simmons and Stanley in a TV show, similar to programs like "Rock Star" and "American Idol".

"We have already signed the contract, and it is going to go through in a couple of months," Simmons reportedly replied.

Click here for the rest of the story.

During a familiar rant by Simmons about how KISS could go on forever, Svendsen asked jokingly if the band would consider looking for replacements for Simmons and Stanley in a TV show, similar to programs like "Rock Star" and "American Idol".

Click here for the rest of the story.

:huh: ...that would be a nightmare

Ahh...my old favourite band :) I fucking LOVE KISS! They are very underrated.. Ace rules.. and I don't care what anyone says, GENE IS SEXY!

I just got Rock and Roll Over on vinyl.. and one of my favourites, I Want Youis on it. I'd only known the live version, so I'm very, very happy :)

KISS - meh, not into them that much. Nothing bad to say about them, just don't care for the music that much. But, I would definitely want Gene to be my marketing manager if I was in a band.

Saw them once back on one of their first farewell tours. Skid Row and Ted Nugent opened for them. Good show, but with the costumes and production it is more about the show than the music, IMO.

KISS - meh, not into them that much. Nothing bad to say about them, just don't care for the music that much. But, I would definitely want Gene to be my marketing manager if I was in a band.

Saw them once back on one of their first farewell tours. Skid Row and Ted Nugent opened for them. Good show, but with the costumes and production it is more about the show than the music, IMO.

I agree I liked thier Alive lp when I was a teenager but its the show that kept Me going to see them .There are so many bands with way better Music but not many put on as good of a show.

Manager: We're 'Pretty Close' To Getting Deal Done To Find Four New Members Of KISS

Video footage has surfaced (see below) of KISS bassist/vocalist Gene Simmons and the group's longtime manager, Doc McGhee of McGhee Entertainment, confirming what has been some fans' biggest fear for some years now — that Simmons and KISS co-founder Paul Stanley are indeed planning to keep KISS running and touring long after they decide to take off the make-up for good.

During a familiar rant by Simmons about how KISS could go on forever, Stig Karlsen of Norway's NRK asked jokingly if the band would consider looking for replacements for Simmons and Stanley in a TV show, similar to programs like "Rock Star" and "American Idol".

Read the rest of the article by clicking here.

I still love some of the old albums, not only in a nostalgia point of view. Seriously, songs like Black Diamond, Deuce, Got To Choose, Cold Gin, She, Rock Bottom and Parasite are all really great rock'n'roll songs.

Regarding their live shows, I saw them when they did their first reunion tour in 1996. Since I was a huge fan of them when I was a kid and always dreamt of sein them with makeup, it was a dream come true. I really enjoyed the show, but there is no need to see them again, with or without Gene and Paul.

I don't plan to see them again unless all four Original members get back together or they tour with another band I really want to see.I have seen the originals numerous times and I have seen various replacements with them and they are far better with the originals far better.

• 3 years later...

Archived