Radiohead To Prince: Unblock 'Creep' YouTube Vids

Jahfin

radiohead_01l.gif

Radiohead

After word spread that Prince covered Radiohead's "Creep" at the Coachella festival, the tens of thousands who couldn't be there ran to YouTube for a peek. Everyone was quickly denied -- even Radiohead.

All videos of Prince's unique rendition of Radiohead's early hit were quickly taken down, leaving only a message that his label, NPG Records, had removed the clips, claiming a copyright violation. But the posted videos were shot by fans and, obviously, the song isn't Prince's.

To read the remainder of the article click here.

radiohead_01l.gif

Radiohead

After word spread that Prince covered Radiohead's "Creep" at the Coachella festival, the tens of thousands who couldn't be there ran to YouTube for a peek. Everyone was quickly denied -- even Radiohead.

All videos of Prince's unique rendition of Radiohead's early hit were quickly taken down, leaving only a message that his label, NPG Records, had removed the clips, claiming a copyright violation. But the posted videos were shot by fans and, obviously, the song isn't Prince's.

To read the remainder of the article click here.

Exactly. Unless they're saying that it's a copyright violation of Prince's image :unsure: (ridiculous, yes)

I've heard/read that it was a pretty piss poor rendition anyway...and he changed the lyrics, so in the end it didn't make that much sense.

I don't think folk missed much.

Prince is a prick.

Hee hee hee... I remember when he first hit the scene, everyone said he's the next Jimmy Hendrix. Why, because he happens to be black and dresses outlandishly? Years later, I keep hearing the "genius" label. I guess a guy who keeps selling with gimmicks and second rate talent is some sort of genius, afterall. To me, he's nothing more than a poor (but rich) Little Richard imitator with a funny shaped guitar. Maybe he can make up another new name for himself, and string along suckers for a few more years.

Hee hee hee... I remember when he first hit the scene, everyone said he's the next Jimmy Hendrix. Why, because he happens to be black and dresses outlandishly? Years later, I keep hearing the "genius" label. I guess a guy who keeps selling with gimmicks and second rate talent is some sort of genius, afterall. To me, he's nothing more than a poor (but rich) Little Richard imitator with a funny shaped guitar. Maybe he can make up another new name for himself, and string along suckers for a few more years.

I totally disagree brother. I'm a huge Prince fan. He writes some really good funk riffs and his band is just sick live. I think Prince is an amazing guitarist. Again, great riffs, good song writer, and he's really fast. Yes, I agree he does a little too many gimmicks live though. It's hard to not respect a guy who plays most of the instruments on his albums. I guess I'm a sucker. <_< BTW, I feel the same way about Radiohead. They are a good band but I think they are a little overrated. I admit that all those noises and stuff are probably going over my head. I don't get the excitement over them that a lot of people seem to have. That's how I feel that most The Mars Volta haters feel about them. I think they are great but some people tell me they totally suck. I think they just don't get it.

P.S. Plus, Prince played WWL live as a little tribute to Zep....that's cool with me!

Well, we all gotta call them as we see them. Maybe his best stuff was not given the play on MTV, it's hard to respect someone musically when they get heavy promotion that way. But I didn't know he is a multi-instrumentalist - that always stands out to me. Maybe next time someone tells me he's a genius, I'll request a sampling of some of the songs I haven't heard. A sucker's born every minute, ya know?

Archived