New Jimmy Page interview in Rolling Stone magazine

widget

um...

Rock pioneer Bo Diddley dies at age 79

June 2, 2008, 12:25 PM EST

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) -- Bo Diddley, a founding father of rock 'n' roll whose distinctive "shave and a haircut, two bits" rhythm and innovative guitar effects inspired legions of other musicians, died Monday after months of ill health. He was 79.

Another great passes. I met Bo Diddley at a BBQ before a concert he gave in the Dallas area back in 1990. He was not too pleased to sign a mini CD from the Chess Box set. He said that they ripped him and others off by not paying royalties....But he signed the mini-CD anyway.

AND . . .

Harvey Korman, from the Carol Burnet show, sidekick of Tim Conway passed away May 29th at the age of 81.

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wiki...2w1QvCr3VaIi4YQ

I like Jimmy's comments: it shows he's nowhere near retirement and still looking to express and innovate with the guitar. In contrast, I can't believe Rolling Stone asked him about the flipping bow! Yes, it's his trademark but he's answered that question many, many times over decades.

And THIS has been said many times before, but bears repeating: Love the hair, Jimmy :)

jimmy-page-bw74.jpg

um...

Rock pioneer Bo Diddley dies at age 79

June 2, 2008, 12:25 PM EST

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) -- Bo Diddley, a founding father of rock 'n' roll whose distinctive "shave and a haircut, two bits" rhythm and innovative guitar effects inspired legions of other musicians, died Monday after months of ill health. He was 79.

damn it.

what's the question again?

I like the way Jimmy and his generation of guitarists (particulary Eric Clapton) delight in talking about the golden days of rock and blues. They spit out names like "LeRoy Cherry Pie Jones" and "Johnny One-Eye Parker" (just for example) like it all happened yesterday. I love it. Now ask Jimmy and friends what they did 6 months ago and they'll go blank.

:D

what's the question again?

I like the way Jimmy and his generation of guitarists (particulary Eric Clapton) delight in talking about the golden days of rock and blues. They spit out names like "LeRoy Cherry Pie Jones" and "Johnny One-Eye Parker" (just for example) like it all happened yesterday. I love it. Now ask Jimmy and friends what they did 6 months ago and they'll go blank.

:D

That's Ok - ask Ross. :D

That was $4.50 down the drain. I should know better than to give R.S. my money.

I was especially bothered by theyr'e 100 greatest guitar songs list.

People like the Strokes, the Pixies, Weezer, John Mayer and U2 being listed ahead of a band like ZZTop, who showed up at measley #74 with La Grange, is beyond ridiculous.

Also, EVH's Eruption at #6? It doesn't even qualify as a song, does it? It's an impressive piece of guitar noodling, but it ain't no song and doesn't belong in this list. Stuff like Meanstreet or Jamie's Crying would have belonged here, but only Eruption shows up, baffling.

I hate wasting my money. Anyways, gotta go now, my weed dealer gets a little pissed when I'm late.

Guys like Jimmy Page and Eric Clapton and Robert Plant and Billy F. Gibbons are almost scholars when it comes to the blues. They have searched out nearly every blues they could find. Gotta love them for that.

Archived