A moment for Bonzo

MHD

Many thanks to you Miss Honey Dripper for not letting us miss this most special day.

The night when John Bonham died I was moving in to my first house. 25th September 1980. A friend of mine was bringing my Hi-Fi and record collection over to me. He stopped for some petrol and was told by the petrol pump attendent that the Led Zeppelin drummer had died, I think it was a Thursday night. We both could not believe it, and player Moby Dick as our way of saying sorry.

I had a party a few weeks later, and to most peoples distane I only played Zeppelin tracks, when Moby Dick came on you could see the Zep fans as they all had tears in their eyes, I will never forget that night.

God Bless You John,

Carry on Drumming Jason,

To Johns family, I hope the pain is getting easier.

And to all Johns army of fans let do what Miss Honey Dripper asks, play MOBY DICK DICK DICK!!!!

it's actually my birthday today too (im 18!!!) ... and that's actually how i found out about Led Zeppelin in the first place. in about 3rd grade, my brother (who was into Zep, and also a drummer) said it was cool my birthday was the same as John Bonham, the drummer of LZ. so of course i had to start listening to them!

thank you John Bonham, for everything you did, and for the amazing chunk of my life i've spent listening to your music. RIP Bonzo.

Great photos of one of the most, and for me the best, drummers. I can't say very much because, well you know im only 20 and of curse you know him better than me. Just want to say thanks for all the good songs (Moby Dick, amazing) that he did with the living legends: Robert Plant, Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones.

Congratulations and although im 20, I would like to be part of this great grup of fans and say: "Thank you Bonzo and we miss you".

RIP

John%20Bonham%203.jpg

Sipping the first of many Heinekens this evening in his honor.

And I could feel an extra surge of power last night when we played in his honor at our show.

I'll see you one day my friend.

BSB!!! How are you man??? Nice to see you! Good beach weather in Jerz these days? When we making that film??? :D

BSB!!! How are you man??? Nice to see you! Good beach weather in Jerz these days? When we making that film??? :D

L-I-V-I-N my friend.

The weather is about right for the beach, though the ocean is still a crisp 53 degrees.

The film is still on the table. You know that. I'm always writing. We just need the right minds to come together and magic shall commense.

John Bonham,there's still no big-assed beat that even comes close to yours, your song will remain the same as long as I have Led Zeppelin to listen to.

Remembering you on what would've been your 60th....

Never Forgotten.

BONZO

Rest in Peace bonzo... your drumming has inspired me so much to learn how to play like you, I've learned so much about studying your drumming, that not only am I a lot better at playing drums, but I am a lot better in creativity in music, my unique feel for music all started by listening to your drumming, You were the driving force in Zeppelin. thanks bonzo.

Eh, this is a day late I know...but I was super busy yesterday and besides, whenever

I sit down to write one of these memorial-type posts, I always get verklempt and

am at a loss for words.

Even now, after all these years later, I still am saddened by the loss of Bonzo, and

how much better the music world would be if he was still around with his mighty beat.

Suffice to say, he was and will always be the Hammer of the Gods, my favourite drummer

of my favourite group of all-time.

Bonzo, I drank some Ballantine's yesterday in your honour...and I'll drink more today!

Cheers!

P.S. It was 35 years ago that I saw the LA/SF 1973 shows...I'll post about THAT in the

LZ Live thread.

Man, im not lieing, I got home on Friday at like 11:30, went to bed at 12:30 and at this time, now Saturday May 31st, it was thundering hard. The next day I was at driving school and it randomly started thundering hard, barely rained and it was sunny outside most of the time. Its gotta be bonzo :D

I'm not one for being personal and sensative but i have ZERO problem with admiting that i've cried twice since 1980. The first was when the irreplacable JHB passed and the 2nd when my Mother passed.

John, the other are true pretenders. You remain the Lord of the Skins.

Sigh....

I just got the boot of Baltimore '72, and was blown away by Bonzo on (of all things) "Since I Been Loving You". I'm telling you, it is a stunning, passionate, emotional tour-de-force from Bonzo, everything great about him is on display here. Check it out. He's playing the SONG, not just the DRUMS. He was just so fucking great. God Bless John Bonham.

God love ya, John. If I make it to heaven, I'm hitting you up for drum lessons!

The Lord bless you and keep you;

The Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you;

The Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.

- Numbers 6:24-26

Dominus Vobiscum,

Johnny

I just got the boot of Baltimore '72, and was blown away by Bonzo on (of all things) "Since I Been Loving You". I'm telling you, it is a stunning, passionate, emotional tour-de-force from Bonzo, everything great about him is on display here. Check it out. He's playing the SONG, not just the DRUMS. He was just so fucking great. God Bless John Bonham.

That sums it all up for me.

Well stated.

Archived