What's the Next Concert You're Attending?

Jahfin

^^^Interesting pairing...one that you wouldn't have seen in the 70s. Steely Dan still sounds pretty good. Unfortunately, I haven't been impressed with some of Elvis Costello's recent shows. I am curious as to who is headlining the concert you are seeing, Walter? Hopefully it's Steely Dan.

He reviewed it in The JBLZE thread

Thanks for answering Icondo's question for me, CP.

^^^Interesting pairing...one that you wouldn't have seen in the 70s. Steely Dan still sounds pretty good. Unfortunately, I haven't been impressed with some of Elvis Costello's recent shows. I am curious as to who is headlining the concert you are seeing, Walter? Hopefully it's Steely Dan.

Yes, Steely Dan is headlining. I've wanted to see them for a long time now. I'm not a fan of Elvis Costello myself - he is playing with The Impostors as his backing band. Tickets were only $32.25 for lawn seats, so what the hell!

• 2 weeks later...

June 20, 2015: Brian Wilson, Al Jardine & Blondie Chaplin @ The Greek Theatre, Hollywood.

It is Brian Wilson's birthday today and the ticket fairy just dropped off tickets to see Wilson in concert tonight at the Greek! Guess who's opening? Rodriguez of "Searching for Sugarman" fame! My karma seems to be okay lately.

http://www.greektheatrela.com/events/event_details.php?id=3059

AC/DC on Sunday in Scotland then on 7th July - Fleetwood Mac, Birmingham UK. Resheduled show after the original show was cancelled and then on 10th July Robert Plant.

Edited by ledded1

• 3 weeks later...

Safe travels. Have a great time. Full review of everything anticipated and expected! :)

:peace:

Thanks, Bro.

I'm so geeked right now it's gonna be hard to sleep.

I am praying to finally score a First-class seat for the flight.

Delta employees are always talking about ending up in First-class, but i have yet to get one.

I always get bumped.

Here's hoping!

^^Please...kz is going to Las Vegas, Nevada, United State of America

I'm going to see Hayes Carll Saturday night at Hill Country BBQ. It's my summer of country :)

And, of course, having just said that, I now remember that I'm going to see Billy Joel next Saturday. Not so much country :D

^^^Your memory is sharper than mine, ebk. :D

Thursday July 16: L7 @ The Fonda Theatre

Now that they have finished rampaging thru Europe, the badass broads of L7 are back in the U.S.A. to continue their reunion tour. They are playing two nights at the Fonda Theatre in L.A....tonight and Friday night...and I am going to both nights. There will be some headbanging tonight for sure!

^^^Your memory is sharper than mine, ebk. :D

Thursday July 16: L7 @ The Fonda Theatre

Now that they have finished rampaging thru Europe, the badass broads of L7 are back in the U.S.A. to continue their reunion tour. They are playing two nights at the Fonda Theatre in L.A....tonight and Friday night...and I am going to both nights. There will be some headbanging tonight for sure!

Watch out for flying used tampons!

^^^ It was actually a girl in a gorilla mask that threw them out to the crowd and fired confetti guns.

It's the centennial of Frank Sinatra's birthday this year and every city worth its salt is having some sort of Sinatra Centennial Celebration. Tonight the Hollywood Bowl is having their Sinatra Tribute concert, featuring Kurt Elling, Seu Jorge, Seth MacFarlane and a host of other singers and the Count Basie Orchestra.

http://www.hollywoodbowl.com/tickets/sinatras-100th-birthday-celebration/2015-07-22

The Year of Reunions continues...Replacements, Sleater-Kinney, Steely Dan, L7...and tonight:

Culture Club @ The Greek Theatre. Another band I haven't seen in god knows how long...1983? '84? I am sure Boy George must look a lot different these days.

Edited by Strider