What's the Next Concert You're Attending?

Jahfin

Going to be spending many evenings at the Hollywood Bowl this summer, especially this week...

Tonight July 28: Mendelssohn's Violin Concerto and A Midsummer Night's Dream: Gustavo Dudamel & the L.A. Philharmonic @ Hollywood Bowl

Thursday July 30: Mozart's Eine kleine Nachtmusik, Piano Concerto No. 21, Overture to The Marriage of Figaro, plus various arias from Figaro, Don Giovanni, Cosi fan tutte, The Magic Flute: Gustavo Dudamel & the L.A. Philharmonic with Alice Sara Ott on piano...Miah Persson soprano...Gerald Finley bass-baritone @ Hollywood Bowl

Saturday August 1: Monty Python's Spamalot @ Hollywood Bowl

Kevin Chamberlin, Sir Bedevere / Dennis Galahad’s Mother / Concorde

Merle Dandridge, The Lady of the Lake

Warwick Davis, Patsy / Mayor / Guard 2

Tom Deckman, Not Dead Fred / Prince Herbert / Minstrel / French Guard

Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Sir Robin / Guard 1

Rick Holmes, Sir Lancelot / French Taunter / Knight of Ni / Tim the Enchanter

Eric Idle, the Historian

Craig Robinson, King Arthur

Christian Slater, Sir Galahad / Prince Herbert’s Father / The Black Knight

BT McNicholl, director

Todd Ellison, conductor

Casey Nicholaw, original choreography

Scott Taylor and Billy Sprague Jr., choreography adaptation and re-staging

• 2 weeks later...

I am sure I will be attending other concerts before this, but a friend just called me and his wife booked a cruise over this date and they already had two tickets. I had to laugh at his wife who I adore for booking a trip over the dates:-)

Joe Bonamassa at Fox Theatre in Atlanta, GA on Saturday, November21, 2015 - 8:00 PM.

If anyone from the forum is in the area and would like to attend I have an extra ticket for free as they are free to me. I though I would reach out here before calling other friends:-) Just send me a PM.

I am sure I will be attending other concerts before this, but a friend just called me and his wife booked a cruise over this date and they already had two tickets. I had to laugh at his wife who I adore for booking a trip over the dates:-)

Joe Bonamassa at Fox Theatre in Atlanta, GA on Saturday, November21, 2015 - 8:00 PM.

If anyone from the forum is in the area and would like to attend I have an extra ticket for free as they are free to me. I though I would reach out here before calling other friends:-) Just send me a PM.

Hi Deb! :wave:

Lucky you! I don't know if you've seen one of Joe's shows before, but he's fantastic- you will definitely enjoy.

^^^Back-to-back nights, Chuck! Good on ya'! Interested in hearing how the Steely Elvis pairing went down.

Yeah it's been quite a week....

Monday - Alice In Chains @ Hard Rock Live. Quick summary, we've seen them now 4 times (twice with and without Layne) and this was the first time seeing them headline (no opening act either). I think they need to stay as openers. They didn't have the energy to sustain the entire set (which was only 1h 45min). Jerry Cantrell is one of the most underrated musicians in the last 25 years, IMO. But they are much more intense as a 1 hour opener.

Tuesday - We went with a couple to the Ampitheatre in Tampa (changes its name every 6 months) and were supposed to have lawn seats. Well, the show didn't sell very well and they put us under the foof in the back, which kinda sucked because it rained earlier and ended up being a beautiful evening with a nice breeze off the Gulf. Anyway, I've never been a big fan of Elvis but they put on a good set. We caught the last half and many people were up out of their seats dancing away. Steely Dan I've been a fan of for years but whenever they come around the tickets always were overpriced, IMO. We picked up a four pack of tickets for a great price of $30 per ticket, so I wasn't going to miss them. It was a thoroughly enjoyable show. Good energy, great crowd vibe, excellent musicianship. Very glad we went - except the traffic on the interstate took what should've been a 45 min trip home and made it 2 1/2 hours, due to overnight construction!

Wednesday - hosted a dinner party at our house for my father-in-law's 76th birthday.

Today getting prepped and packed up for a cruise leaving tomorrow morning to the Bahamas.

Here is the set list for Steely Dan:

Cubano Chant

(Ray Bryant cover)

Black Cow

Aja

Hey Nineteen

Black Friday

Time Out of Mind

Show Biz Kids

Rikki Don't Lose That Number

Dirty Work

Babylon Sisters

Bodhisattva

Daddy Don't Live in That New York City No More

I Want To (Do Everything for You)

(Joe Tex cover)

Josie

Peg

My Old School

Reelin' in the Years

Kid Charlemagne

The Untouchables

(Nelson Riddle cover)

My Old School was my fav of the night.

Edited by Walter

Still some decisions to be made regarding upcoming shows but these three concerts are already set in stone on my schedule this week...

1. Tonight: A Live Presentation of "2001: A Space Odyssey" with L.A. Philharmonic and L.A. Master Chorale @ The Hollywood Bowl

http://www.broadwayworld.com/los-angeles/article/LA-Philharmonic-to-Accompany-Screening-of-2001-A-SPACE-ODYSSEY-at-The-Hollywood-Bowl-Today-20150817

2. Wednesday August 19: The Jesus & Mary Chain @ The Fonda Theatre..."Psychocandy" 30th Anniversary Tour

3. Saturday August 22: Motorhead/Saxon/Crobot @ Shrine Expo Auditorium...I haven't seen Motorhead in about 10 years or so. I haven't seen Saxon since the 1984 Crusader tour. I have never seen Crobot.

• 5 weeks later...

Seeing Pink Martini tomorrow night at the Atwood Concert Hall, in the Alaska Center for the Performing Arts, here in Anchorage, Alaska, US.

Walter, I saw Steely Dan last August, at Interlochen in Michigan. One of the greatest concerts I've ever been to. When they performed "Hey Nineteen", Walter Becker started rambling on about different stuff during the instrumental bridge, and then they did this big buildup for Donald Fagen, with Becker saying, " He's the reason you're here, He's the reason I'm here, ladies and gentlemen, Donald Fagen!" And the entire band made this big push and all the lights went up while he performed a little keyboard solo. 

Haha, it was awesome. Anyways, just wondering if they did anything like that at the concert you attended. 

-Tonight (wed, Sept 23rd) I will be seeing Guy Davis (accoustic blues). Saw him once before and he is great! Will be small and intimate, as it is a livingroom concert.

-Oct 15th, I will be seeing Golden Earring at lthe egendary "Paard van Troje". Paard van Troje means The Trojan Horse, one my country's most well known music venues, together with Paradiso in Amsterdam.

Seeing Pink Martini tomorrow night at the Atwood Concert Hall, in the Alaska Center for the Performing Arts, here in Anchorage, Alaska, US.

Walter, I saw Steely Dan last August, at Interlochen in Michigan. One of the greatest concerts I've ever been to. When they performed "Hey Nineteen", Walter Becker started rambling on about different stuff during the instrumental bridge, and then they did this big buildup for Donald Fagen, with Becker saying, " He's the reason you're here, He's the reason I'm here, ladies and gentlemen, Donald Fagen!" And the entire band made this big push and all the lights went up while he performed a little keyboard solo. 

Haha, it was awesome. Anyways, just wondering if they did anything like that at the concert you attended. 

yes, he did the same thing at our show.  That was a great performance.

yes, he did the same thing at our show.  That was a great performance.

Hell yeah it was. Although I thought the drummer was a little simple and heavy. He was good, but not great.

But hey, he had tough shoes to fill! I mean, Christ, Jeff Porcaro? Bernard Purdie? Steve Gadd? Rick Marotta? Jim Hodder?

It's unreal how many amazing drummers Steely Dan played with.