What's the Next Concert You're Attending?

Jahfin

Sort of a pickle for Thursday October 10. Waiting to hear from a friend. If she is free Thursday night then we're going to Lana Del Rey @ Hollywood Bowl.

If not, then I'll go to UFO 50th Anniversary @ The Grove Theatre in Anaheim.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Strider said:

How was Bettye?

Bettye seemed a bit more frail than the last time we saw her a few years ago.  She's still feisty though, and she's in great voice!  She said she's got an album coming out in a couple of month. 

Brombeg was great.  A really enjoyable evening. 

zepscoda, did you see King Diamond at the Bomb Factory in Dallas? Uncle Acid were opening...as they are on all of the King Diamond dates this tour. 

I'm trying to work out either seeing them in Seattle or L.A.

Edited by Strider

On 11/9/2019 at 4:53 PM, Walter said:

TONIGHT:  Jack White and The Raconteurs - St Augustine Amphitheater  

Dude what did you think? I caught the show here in Dallas at the South Side Ballroom.  So fucking awesome!! I love the no cell phone policy

On 11/14/2019 at 3:41 PM, Strider said:

zepscoda, did you see King Diamond at the Bomb Factory in Dallas? Uncle Acid were opening...as they are on all of the King Diamond dates this tour. 

I'm trying to work out either seeing them in Seattle or L.A.

No 😡....I blew my November concert budget , that week I caught Tool up at Tulsa that was a hit to the wallet ...than last week I hit the Black Keys show. Between the 2 shows I couldn't spend more money a 3rd or the wife would be on my ass.

I will see  Uncle Acid next time there're in town no doubt....lol...🤔, think I've said that before

However I am catching Graveyard and Oteph in February.   🤘

14 minutes ago, zepscoda said:

Dude what did you think? I caught the show here in Dallas at the South Side Ballroom.  So fucking awesome!! I love the no cell phone policy

Me too. They blew us away. It’s the band of Jack’s I have paid the least attention to. I just love how where he’s at as a musician comes out with each individual group he’s working with at the time. They rocked the place. Plus it was outdoors and beautiful weather. I’ll definitely see them again anytime, anywhere. No phones is where it’s at, IMO.

2 hours ago, Walter said:

Me too. They blew us away. It’s the band of Jack’s I have paid the least attention to. I just love how where he’s at as a musician comes out with each individual group he’s working with at the time. They rocked the place. Plus it was outdoors and beautiful weather. I’ll definitely see them again anytime, anywhere. No phones is where it’s at, IMO.

Tool does the no phone policy also, they dont go as far as the locked bags like Jack White does. They have enough staff to kick people out for filming. Maynard does allow the crowd to use their phones for the very last tune , Stinkfist. 

In general,  it's so liberating to be doing something,  anything, without that damn phone. ...and the crowd really gets into the show without the distractions of social media.

Better to get your dopamine fix from the music not that the phone.

42 minutes ago, zepscoda said:

Tool does the no phone policy also, they dont go as far as the locked bags like Jack White does. They have enough staff to kick people out for filming. Maynard does allow the crowd to use their phones for the very last tune , Stinkfist. 

In general,  it's so liberating to be doing something,  anything, without that damn phone. ...and the crowd really gets into the show without the distractions of social media.

Better to get your dopamine fix from the music not that the phone.

Absolutely.  The pit is so much darker without the lit up screens.  We weren't sure how quick it would be to get the phones unlocked and exit out of the amphitheater after - the parking lot is a nightmare to get in and out of - so we walked out during the encore.  We were only parked about 4 rows away, smoked a nice blunt while listening to the last three songs - which sounded perfect from that short distance away, outdoors.  Win/win.  Jack is like a mad scientist running around the stage playing different instruments.   

Last time I went to Dave Chapelle you had to surrender your phone to a ziplock bag and I was happy to do so.

I don't ever take video with my phone and seldom take photos. Only if I am close to the stage and can get a few decent shots. But I am there to enjoy the concert and it is refreshing when you don't have to look through a sea of glowing iPads and iPhones.

I hear Madonna is also having a no-phone policy on her tour. Good for her. Still undecided about whether I am going...she is in the midst of a 10-show run at the Wiltern Theatre.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...