What's the Next Concert You're Attending?

Jahfin

Elton John in Buenos Aires on January 22nd

How's it going SgtPepper67?" Let me guess, you are a die hard hard core BEATLES fan huh? ME TOO! I LOVE THE BEATLES! They are my all-time favorite band in the whole wide world with LED ZEPPELIN, THE ROLLING STONES, PINK FLOYD, THE KINKS and THE WHO right behind them. ROCK ON!

Edited by ZeppFanForever

Trying to pick between the Grateful Dead (current)...

Just to clarify, there is no band presently touring under the name "the Grateful Dead". The surviving members of the Grateful Dead along with Warren Haynes (Allman Brothers Band/Gov't Mule) and Jeff Chimenti (Ratdog) are touring as "The Dead".

Just to clarify, there is no band presently touring under the name "the Grateful Dead". The surviving members of the Grateful Dead along with Warren Haynes (Allman Brothers Band/Gov't Mule) and Jeff Chimenti (Ratdog) are touring as "The Dead".

I just checked and you're right; they are still using that skull logo though, so it registered as Grateful Dead :)

Edited by Virginia

I just checked and you're right; they are still using that skull logo though, so it registered as Grateful Dead :)

No problem. Out of respect for Jerry I hope they never feel compelled to perform under the name "the Grateful Dead". That just wouldn't be right.

Agreed. Doubt they would though.

Me either but I absolutely abhor how the press has reported this as a "Grateful Dead" tour when it's actually "the Dead". It's also fucked up how they've referred to it as a "reunion" when "the Dead" has actually toured before. What it comes down to is a way for them to garner headlines but it comes across as the media not actually doing their research on the subject. That's how it strikes me anyhow.

Me either but I absolutely abhor how the press has reported this as a "Grateful Dead" tour when it's actually "the Dead". It's also fucked up how they've referred to it as a "reunion" when "the Dead" has actually toured before. What it comes down to is a way for them to garner headlines but it comes across as the media not actually doing their research on the subject. That's how it strikes me anyhow.

The media sure have a knack for that - it's no different than what they're doing with the whole Jimmy/John Paul/Jason project. Looking for a singer for their new project has turned into they're replacing Robert for a Zep tour :slapface::rolleyes:

The media sure have a knack for that - it's no different than what they're doing with the whole Jimmy/John Paul/Jason project. Looking for a singer for their new project has turned into they're replacing Robert for a Zep tour :slapface::rolleyes:

I've noticed that. To me, it makes them (the media) look like a bunch of fucking idiots who haven't even bothered to do their legwork on the subject.

Tonight CNN did a piece on the Dead tour in which they did explain that it was under the name "the Dead" and why. :thumbsup:

On the other hand, they did refer to it as a reunion. :thumbdown:

Do you recall if that was on Headline News or CNN itself? Just curious as I would like to see it if possible. Hopefully it's viewable online.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...