What's the Next Concert You're Attending?

Jahfin

Ok, it's settled - I'm going to see Alison Krauss at the Grand Ol' Opry on 6/20 as well as Jamey the day before in Louisville (heckuva drive, but worth it). I'm so excited! We're past the Robert Wars now, right? So I don't have to defend myself here, right? Because frankly, I've been listening to her longer than I have to Led Zeppelin...I'm a bigger Zep fan of course, but Alison has her place in my musical milieu as well.

Edited by Footsteps of Dawn

Ok, it's settled - I'm going to see Alison Krauss at the Grand Ol' Opry on 6/20 as well as Jamey the day before in Louisville (heckuva drive, but worth it). I'm so excited! We're past the Robert Wars now, right? So I don't have to defend myself here, right? Because frankly, I've been listening to her longer than I have to Led Zeppelin...I'm a bigger Zep fan of course, but Alison has her place in my musical milieu as well.

That sounds great! Of course you don't have to defend yourself :D She's an amazing artist!

That sounds great! Of course you don't have to defend yourself :D She's an amazing artist!

Oh good, I wasn't sure if we were past all of that or not. Yeah, isn't she great? I love that she doesn't put any frills into her vocals (:cough:CarrieUnderwood:cough: ) because she's SO GOOD that she just doesn't need to; it's a pleasure just listening to the pure sound of her voice.

Hey, that reminds me... Is Robert still living in Nashville? (Was he ever living in Nashville? Sorry, I kinda lost track.) If he is, do you suppose there's any chance of him showing up at Alison's Opry show? I'd probably have a heart attack if he did! :D

Oh good, I wasn't sure if we were past all of that or not. Yeah, isn't she great? I love that she doesn't put any frills into her vocals (:cough:CarrieUnderwood:cough: ) because she's SO GOOD that she just doesn't need to; it's a pleasure just listening to the pure sound of her voice.

Hey, that reminds me... Is Robert still living in Nashville? (Was he ever living in Nashville? Sorry, I kinda lost track.) If he is, do you suppose there's any chance of him showing up at Alison's Opry show? I'd probably have a heart attack if he did! :D

She has a beautiful voice and of course her fiddle playing is stellar. I don't think Robert was every living in Nashville, but he is there a lot working and such. That would be quite something if he did show up at her show at the Opry :D

• 2 weeks later...

I'm goin' to a club called Shakin' Street tomorrow. Lots of great music and a couple of cold beers out in the sun. Tomorrows live act is Dollhouse which is a really great rock'n'roll band from Sweden. They've released two rockin' records.

The same band as was on the Ronnie Scotts DVD as far as i know.

Should be pretty good methinks B)

Yes it is the same lineup as on the Ronnie Scott DVD. You and Humbucker are going to LOVE IT!!! I had the good fortune of seeing him in April, and I STILL can't get over how amazing it all was...one of the best concerts I have ever seen!! :) Let me know how you like it!!

Sharon