What's the Next Concert You're Attending?

Jahfin

No I was referring to the symbols.

ahhhhhhhhhh I see now, never noticed til you mentioned it, maybe the Zep symbols are from an ancient playstation!?

batsu.gifCross (batsu) = "no good"

The meaning of this symbol is more or less the same as in the West. It is sometimes drawn twice to indicate a severe problem

.sankaku.gifTriangle (sankaku) = "weak" OR "average"

The meaning of this symbol depends on the context. If only 3 symbols are used (Ο, Δ and ×), then this symbol means "average", but if the double circle (niju maru) symbol also appears, then this symbol means "below average

"maru.gifCircle (maru) = "good" OR "satisfactory"

This symbol is also context-sensitive. If the double circle symbol also appears, then this symbol means "satisfactory", otherwise it means "good". Japanese teachers normally draw circles instead of ticks when marking correct answers in students' test papers

.maru2.gifDouble circle (niju maru) = "excellent"

This symbol is sometimes called a bullseye. It represents the ideal condition.

Here's an example of these symbols in use, as spotted on a Japanesefilm review website. A translation of each rating category is shown onthe right, with the Playstation symbols converted into star ratings.

rj1.gifre1.gifrj2.gifre2.gifrj3.gifre3.gifrj4.gifre4.gif

Edited by Conneyfogle

Mr. Eric Clapton with guest Roger Daltrey (<---sorry if I spelled that wrong)

March 3rd 2010 @ BOK CENTER TULSA,OKLAHOMA

I wish The Yardbird's would do a reunion tour. I'd be there.

The "Yardbirds" - did one in 2007, however no Clapton, Beck or Page. it was the original drummer and bass player. They had a young guy on lead guitar who was very very good.

It was so good to hear many of their songs that I hadn't heard in a long long time. I'll never forget when they played I'm Confused. He said that someone named Jimmy thinks this song is his...

I got a kick out of that one.

I got the setlist after the show from the stage and got it autographed by the whole band after the show.

We need a real yardbirds reunion tour. At least one, if not two, or even all three original leads.

Next Show(s):

Them Crooked Vultures on Saturday Night Live - if you want to call that a show.

and then

Them Crooked Vultures-Monday night, Feb 8 - Roseland, NYC. General Admission. See everyone at the front of the line!!

Pat Metheny Orchestration Project----

Small new state of the art venue / good seats

Metheny will utilize the Player Piano concept and apply to a whole orchestra of musical instruments.

Talk about creative control!!

Oooh that sounds great! I've seen Pat many times in concert - always a stellar show.

Oooh that sounds great! I've seen Pat many times in concert - always a stellar show.

It should be...it's been a while since I've seen him play. The Tour is actually called "The Orchestrion Tour."

He brought together quite a few inventors/innovators, and musicians, to put this together. Pretty big undertaking that's been in the works for several years now.

It should be...it's been a while since I've seen him play. The Tour is actually called "The Orchestrion Tour."

He brought together quite a few inventors/innovators, and musicians, to put this together. Pretty big undertaking that's been in the works for several years now.

Look forward to hearing your review!

• 2 weeks later...

Randy Jackson

May 15th, 2010, Saturday

'Music of Pink Floyd'

'Mahalia Jackson Theater (Municiple Auditorium)'

801 N. Rampart St.

New Orleans, LA 70116

PHONE: 504-523-6230

PHONE: 504-218-0150

TIME: 8:00pm

Featuring The Louisiana Philharmonic Orchestra w/ Brent Havens Conducting

Just got an email from Randy about this date and since my son graduates from Tulane that day, I will be at this event as well!!

U2 -July 9th in Miami or Ft Lauderdale, my friends bought the ticket and have demanded that I go with them and I know we will have a great time :-)

Edited by Deborah J

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe not the next but tomorrow they are giving out FREE tickets to a Dave Matthews Band concert in August. They canceled twice here so to be nice it's a free show!

Very cool, these days. :)

What the heck it's free. B)

edited for lack of coffee..again

Edited by Hotplant