What's the Next Concert You're Attending?

Jahfin

• 2 weeks later...

Thurs. October 11: Jason Bonham Led Zeppelin Experience @ The Greek Theatre

Care to give a brief review of this one? A thumbs up or down would suffice. I tried to poke someone different to provide me with a review for a change, but he said he doesn't feel comfortable writing one.

Thanks.

Care to give a brief review of this one? A thumbs up or down would suffice. I tried to poke someone different to provide me with a review for a change, but he said he doesn't feel comfortable writing one.

Thanks.

I went to youtube and searched for JB"s LZ experience.....they seem pretty damn good. I'll probably go see them in Port Chester on Nov 14th.

^^^

Thanks, I was just about to say the same thing. Ian is also performing "Thick as a Brick Part 2", as well as the first "Thick as a Brick" album.

Thanks.

Okay, I will write one tonight. Briefly, I give it a thumbsup with reservations.

Edited by Strider

Todd Rundgren W/Ethel Tuesday 10/23, Keene State College, Keene NH, (my oldest Daughter is a student there).

Ethel is an incredible 4 pc string ensemble..

They started the show with a short 4 song set (which included a very cool verson of Kashmir.)

After this, Todd Rundgren played a little 4 song set of his own.. This man is a genius, plain and simple.

After a short break to change around the stage setup, they all played together for quite a while.

Amazing show.

There was a meet and greet after the concert. He's a very cool, down to earth guy.

I've been a Todd Rundgren fan for years, I'm not a big autograph hound by any means, but I had him sign a couple of my cd's.

Highly recommended if they come by your area.

It's not quite Jethro Tull. Ian Anderson is on a solo tour performing the Tull album "Thick As A Brick"...Will still be good show though.

Okay, Okay .....

The Ticket says:

AEG LIVE PRESENTS

JETHRO TULL'S IAN ANDERSON PLAYS

THICK AS A BRICK 1 & 2

My review:

I saw the show in Dallas (Grand Prarie) at the Nokia Verizon Theater last night.

It was not a full house. The Upper Balcony was draped off (by design). The lower balcony and floor were about 4/5's full.

We were about 25 rows back, in the center.

The TAAB I was okay.

The TAAB II was louder and, more enjoyable than TAAB I, performance wise.

The "Locomotive Breath" encore was louder still, and, the most enjoyable part of the evening.

The young man singing some, of Ian's parts (whilst he's flouting...) was good, and Ian's singing is also enjoyable. orangesmile.gif

I saw TAAB on it's original tour back in the day (when some new band warmed up for Tull, some California back up band called "The Eagles"....)

But no warm up band last night, and that was good !

So maybe it was just me, but I really thought they increased the volume for TAAB II, and then, even louder for the encore.

I just wish that TAAB I could have been at the same volume as TAAB II.

I certainly remember TAAB from the 70's as being LOUD, and, that was a GOOD thing !

All in all, I did not get $75.00 worth of entertainment, but I'm glad I went anyway. The people-watching was quite fun !!

Personally, I would have wanted Ian to perform "Kissing Willie" for a 1st encore, with the lovely "Locomotive Breath" as the 2nd encore.

The PSA regarding Men's Prostate Health was timely for such an 'older' audience. (But, no Pink ribbons, or any other reference to Susan G. Komen for the Cure ..... Didn't he get the Memo ? ? ? ? )

There was a very nice tour book for sale. All t-shirt purchases come with a baseball style cap.

I'm enjoying TAAB 'playing in my head' pretty constantly all day today.

A nice result of the after glow of the concert orangesmile.gif

Edited by The Rover

I've been a Todd Rundgren fan for years, I'm not a big autograph hound by any means, but I had him sign a couple of my cd's.

I have what I think is a stupid question, but I'll ask anyway. I've never had anything autgographed. When you're having a CD signed, does the artist sign the jewel case or the actual CD?

I have what I think is a stupid question, but I'll ask anyway. I've never had anything autgographed. When you're having a CD signed, does the artist sign the jewel case or the actual CD?

Not in the least bit stupid.. Happy to answer.

He signed the artwork. the paper insert, with a black sharpie.

I had the artwork out of the jewel case and just handed that to him.

Next huge band that shows up in my city, Belém - look it up. It's one of the biggest cities in Brazil, but compared to Rio and São Paulo, it's still a backwater city. The biggest things we got were Iron Maiden and Deep Purple last year.

If all else fails, I'm thinking of going to Rock in Rio next year. By then I'll hopefully have saved some money.

Next show for me is Heart! Barrracuda! I've never seen them live. Should be good show.

Ah Heart, love them. I will always have a place in my, um, heart for them!! Hope they play some Zep for you.

I'm heading out to see The Australian Pink Floyd Show tonight. Huge Floyd fan, they are second only to Zep for me.

Todd Rundgren W/Ethel Tuesday 10/23, Keene State College, Keene NH, (my oldest Daughter is a student there).

Ethel is an incredible 4 pc string ensemble..

They started the show with a short 4 song set (which included a very cool verson of Kashmir.)

After this, Todd Rundgren played a little 4 song set of his own.. This man is a genius, plain and simple.

After a short break to change around the stage setup, they all played together for quite a while.

Amazing show.

There was a meet and greet after the concert. He's a very cool, down to earth guy.

Highly recommended if they come by your area.

Big Todd fan here and will make that 6 hour pilgrimage to Dallas whenevr he tour in Texas! What a genius!