What's the Next Concert You're Attending?

Jahfin

gig of the year!

The Rolling Stones with Mick Taylor was the gig of the year. :P

And Robert Plant.

Speaking of Plant, Bombino was one of the opening bands I saw on his tour, and today Bombino is playing a free concert at the Santa Monica Pier, along with Hanni El Khatib.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a now not attending post...Frank Sampedro has bust his hand, so Neil Young has cancelled the rest of his UK and Europe dates...What a bummer, no Liverpool gig for me.

Same here i was looking forward to that show tomorrow.

No sleep 'til next week...

Tuesday August 20: Itzhak Perlman w/LA Philharmonic @ Hollywood Bowl

Wednesday August 21: BUDDY GUY!!! @ Hollywood Bowl...with NOLA's Funky Meters

Thursday August 22: Heart and Jason Bonham's LZE @ The Greek Theatre, Hollywood

Friday August 23: Black Angels @ The Observatory, Santa Ana...with Black Ryder

Sunday August 25: My Bloody Valentine, Beach House, Yo La Tengo, The Melvins, MGMT, Kurt Vile @ Fuck Yeah Fest, LA...with too many more to mention.

Robert Plant Colston Hall Bristol 29th August, ie Tomorrow!!! :bubble:

You're gonna have a blast! Who is opening the show? Bombino? If so, get there early to catch them.

As for me, saxophone legend Wayne Shorter turned 80 this past Sunday and he's having an 80th Birthday Celebration concert at the Hollywood Bowl tonight with lots of special guests, including Herbie Hancock and Esperanza Spalding.

http://www.hollywoodbowl.com/tickets/wayne-shorter-80th-birthday-celebration/2013-08-28

WAYNE SHORTER 80TH BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION

Hollywood Bowl Wednesday, August 28, 2013

So that's where I will be tonight. I knew Wayne Shorter as a kid from my dad's Miles Davis albums...he was part of Miles' "Second Great Quintet" from 1964-1969, which consisted of Miles Davis, Wayne Shorter, Herbie Hancock, Ron Carter and Tony Williams. Wayne also stayed with Miles when Miles broke up the quintet and moved into his electronic-jazz fusion phase. "Filles de Kilimanjaro", "Bitches Brew", and "In a Silent Way" are just some of the albums he played on during his time with Miles. But I wasn't moved to really explore Wayne Shorter on my own until Steely Dan's "Aja" came out in 1977 and I heard Wayne's playing on that song. The first Wayne Shorter album I bought on my own was "Speak No Evil".

http://youtu.be/WXRnGECb9Rs

Edited by Strider

• 2 weeks later...

Have a good time, TypeO! They are playing down here too and Scott is performing solo as well - I just can't bring myself to see either one without the other. If you could report back after seeing the show, it would be most appreciated! :)

Heads up to those in the Western US-The Station to Station art "happening" train is headed for California... Just saw a short but great Patti Smith set at the cool Station to Station Art train "Happening". The musical acts vary per train stop but there is an art installation for Kenneth Anger--Saw some of the Lucifer Rising film in a red hut sitting on a pentangular perch. Next concert up: Har Mar Superstar (wonder if Father John Misty will show as they are said to be penning a tv show together?) Heads up UK--My local fave female singer Chastity Brown has a number of UK dates left....love love love her voice & banjo pickin'-if you like Americana music, you may like her. Check out her infectious "After You" by Chastity on youtube to get a taste.

Have a good time, TypeO! They are playing down here too and Scott is performing solo as well - I just can't bring myself to see either one without the other. If you could report back after seeing the show, it would be most appreciated! :)

Will do.

Definitely.

Fuzzy2.jpg

Republicans want to keep things as they are, or turn back time. They aren't as eager for reform or change, and believe that the system shouldn't be tinkered with, and that government should remain small and out of the picture. This makes the party appealing to some key groups who hold an interest in looking toward the past for inspiration to govern our country:

• wealthier citizens who adore a time when the government freely allowed them to be wealthy without meddling,
  • Conservative religious groups who praise old-fashioned morals and values, and want to preach without the government meddling,
  • and older generations who remember the way things were fondly.

My government teacher used to say that if change makes you nervous, you're probably a Republican.

(take that as you will)

Democrats want to instigate change and reform. They believe the past was flawed and look more toward a future of change and innovation, usually involving more government action and assistance. This makes the party appealing to some key groups who hold an interest in seeing sweeping changes in the central government and country as a whole:

• lower income citizens who feel trapped in their income class and want the government to intercede,
  • academics who have progressive ideas of change,
  • younger generations who find flaws in the way past generations handled things,
  • minorities who feel wronged by governmental policies of the past,
  • and workers/unions who favor government aid in ensuring safe work places and fair wages.

http://askville.amazon.com/define-Republican-Democrat-teenager/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=15219751

• 2 weeks later...

Next Tuesday, the 8th - Buddy Guy

10/12 - Sutton Foster

10/20 - Ralph Stanley on his farewell tour

I was going to see if I could get cancellation tickets this weekend for Randy Newman and next Thursday for Audra McDonald at the Library of Congress...but the Library of Congress is not open at the moment. Sigh...

And, I have a question. If I go see Gary Clark Jr next month, should I see Max Frost or Warren Hood as the opening act?

Edited by ebk