What's the Next Concert You're Attending?

Jahfin

Stone Temple Pilots with new lead singer Chester Bennington (Linkin Park) this Friday, September 20th, in Columbia.

Just won a pair of tickets from the local radio station on Facebook!

Life is GOOD!

Soooo....how was the show?

Next Tuesday, the 8th - Buddy Guy

10/12 - Sutton Foster

10/20 - Ralph Stanley on his farewell tour

I was going to see if I could get cancellation tickets this weekend for Randy Newman and next Thursday for Audra McDonald at the Library of Congress...but the Library of Congress is not open at the moment. Sigh...

And, I have a question. If I go see Gary Clark Jr next month, should I see Max Frost or Warren Hood as the opening act?

Look forward to hearing about the Buddy show ebk. He's playing in RI tomorrow night, but I don't think I can make it.

Hope they're all good for you!

• 2 weeks later...

Look forward to hearing about the Buddy show ebk. He's playing in RI tomorrow night, but I don't think I can make it.

Hope they're all good for you!

Buddy Guy is simply amazing! So full of life, he is enjoying himself as much as we are enjoying him! He walked through the house during one number and sat at the table right in front of me (The Birchmere is a pretty small venue). The audience was ecstatic!

The opening act was "Kingfish" Ingram and Daryl Davis. Kingfish is 14 and an incredible guitarist. A fabulous evening all around!!

Last Saturday I went to see Sutton Foster. And while I love Sutton, she did a pretty static hour set and that was it. I left vaguely unsatisfied.

Tonight, it's Ralph Stanley on his farewell tour. Looking forward to it!!

Got a last-minute ticket to the Slayer concert last night at the Hollywood Palladium. Everyone paying their respects to the late Jeff Hanneman who died in May.

Tonight it's a concert I have long-awaited, ever since the pairing was announced...

Tuesday October 29, 2013: THE FLAMING LIPS @ The Greek Theatre...with Tame Impala!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Tonight!

November 7: Mazzy Star @ The Wiltern...the long-awaited return of one of my favourite moody acts of the 90s. Hope Sandoval on sultry smokey vocals and David Roback on guitar noir. The auditory equivalent of heroin...without the deadly side-effects. Their new album "Seasons of Your Day" is great.

Saw Johnny Winter this past Saturday night in New Jersey. Great show. He played a lot of varied stuff including recent and old: Johnny B Goode, Jumpin Jack Flash, It's all over now, Good Morning LIttle Schoolgirl, Dust my Broom, Got my mojo workin, Hiway 61,

Going to see Foghat in 2 months. Can't wait for that, haven't seen them live in 3 or 4 years now.

Saw Johnny Winter this past Saturday night in New Jersey. Great show. He played a lot of varied stuff including recent and old: Johnny B Goode, Jumpin Jack Flash, It's all over now, Good Morning LIttle Schoolgirl, Dust my Broom, Got my mojo workin, Hiway 61,

Going to see Foghat in 2 months. Can't wait for that, haven't seen them live in 3 or 4 years now.

Aren't two of their members dead? Lonesome Dave and Rod Price? Foghat without those guys is like the Stones without Mick & Keef or LZ without Robert & Jimmy. No thanks.

Mott The Hoople - Manchester Sunday 17th November

You gotta give us a full report ledded!

Aren't two of their members dead? Lonesome Dave and Rod Price? Foghat without those guys is like the Stones without Mick & Keef or LZ without Robert & Jimmy. No thanks.

You gotta give us a full report ledded!

Yeah, both Lonesome Dave and Rod Price are long gone. But the band still rocks! I've seen them live around 20 times and they put on a great show. Bryan Bassett is a great lead/slide player. It's obviously not the same as it was with Dave and Rod, but they still play great music and that's what counts.

Is Alison Mosshart still with the Kills? .........I don't know much about that band, but watching her with the Dead Weather is hypnotic, she is fantastic.

Yes, I think I'm looking forward to seeing her as much as QOTSA. I even like her look. A friend who knows a bit about The Kills gives a thumbs up (his taste in music is good in my opinion).