What's the Next Concert You're Attending?

Jahfin

• 3 weeks later...

Is Alison Mosshart still with the Kills? .........I don't know much about that band, but watching her with the Dead Weather is hypnotic, she is fantastic.

The concert was great! Alison is very talented and gorgeous, the band was good. I liked the four drummers.

However, QOTSA exceeded my expectations. When it was over, I said "Now that was a good old fashioned rock and roll show!" Josh Homme is a great frontman. I would go to see them again in a heartbeat.

• 3 weeks later...

Possibly seeing The Outlaws in early May. NOt sure yet due to Effin work.

Another band that I am surprised is still around...I mean, Hughie Thomasson and Billy Jones are dead, ferchrissakes! Maybe that doesn't mean anything to you, but it sure does mean something to me. To me, rock bands are not supposed to be like business corporations with interchangeable members.

What's next, John Mayer and Fred Durst going out as Led Zeppelin? It's time people stop accepting these replica bands. For some reason, the "Southern-Rock" genre seems to have more offenders than most...Lynyrd Skynyrd, Allman Brothers, .38 Special, Molly Hatchet...all these bands are still out there with barely a thread attached to the band that most people associate with their names.

If they want to go out as a tribute band, like all the Led Zeppelin, Doors, etc. tribute bands, that's okay with me, and more honest, in my opinion. But an Outlaw concert without Hughie Thomasson and Billy Jones is a sham, plain and simple. I saw the Outlaws nearly blow the Stones away at Anaheim Stadium in 1978. That band was the true Outlaws band.

Another band that I am surprised is still around...I mean, Hughie Thomasson and Billy Jones are dead, ferchrissakes! Maybe that doesn't mean anything to you, but it sure does mean something to me. To me, rock bands are not supposed to be like business corporations with interchangeable members.

What's next, John Mayer and Fred Durst going out as Led Zeppelin? It's time people stop accepting these replica bands. For some reason, the "Southern-Rock" genre seems to have more offenders than most...Lynyrd Skynyrd, Allman Brothers, .38 Special, Molly Hatchet...all these bands are still out there with barely a thread attached to the band that most people associate with their names.

If they want to go out as a tribute band, like all the Led Zeppelin, Doors, etc. tribute bands, that's okay with me, and more honest, in my opinion. But an Outlaw concert without Hughie Thomasson and Billy Jones is a sham, plain and simple. I saw the Outlaws nearly blow the Stones away at Anaheim Stadium in 1978. That band was the true Outlaws band.

Go see them live! They are great. I've seen them live a number of times, in the 70's and again in the past 10 years. They are an incredible live band. It does suck that Hughie and Billy are no longer with us, but they are still a great band. They are not the same without those 2, but they are still great. These "replica' bands are keeping the music alive and that's all that counts to me and many others. Are they the same without the original members? No, of course not. But many of them are still very good. And in certain instances, the original band members approved of the replacement players and gave their blessing for the band to keep the music alive and continue on.

I understand your point, just don't agree with it. But that's just me. I will not deprive myself of hearing great live tunes. Me, my friends, and my brothers all continue to enjoy the live shows these bands put on. Whether it's the actual band name or a tribute band.

Why can't rock bands have interchangeable members? It still works, just like in sports.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Going to see Arcade Fire March 13 at ACC. A week later going to see Dream Theatre kick off their tour at Massey Hall

Dream Theatre should be awesome. I've seen them live a few times over the years and they always put on a great show.

• 3 weeks later...

Looking forward to seeing Arcade Fire March. Missed out buying Cake tickets as they sold out right away...may try to buy outside door as i love 'em. Coming up got tics to the Experience Hendrix tour show featuring Billy Cox, a veritable guitar army & some special guests showing up here and there : ) Just wondering if anyone here went to the previous tour, how it was. Looked like it had Buddy Guy so I'm thinking it MUST have been good.