What's the Next Concert You're Attending?

Jahfin

The Hollywood Bowl Summer Season winds down this week...

Sept. 18: GOLDFRAPP @ Hollywood Bowl. Oh how I love Miss Alison. I just wish she were headlining this show or playing a smaller venue on her own. Instead, she is the opening act for New Order tonight. I will leave after Goldfrapp, for I have no desire to see New Order without Peter Hook. Peter Hook tours with his own band doing a much better job playing the Joy Division/New Order classics than Bernard & Co. these days.

Sept. 20: Japanese Breakfast, Mannequin Pussy, Spirit of the Beehive @ The Echo

Sept. 21: Tom Petty @ Hollywood Bowl...40th anniversary tour...with the great Lucinda Williams opening.

Sept. 22: Deerhoof @ Teragram Ballroom

Sept. 23: Fleet Foxes @ Hollywood Bowl...with Beach House opening. 

:yay:

Edited by Strider

Randy Newman tonight at The Birchmere.  The man is a genius.

Thursday, also at The Birchmere, Valerie June.  I first saw her on Austin City Limits.  Then I saw her live when she was part of the Ledbelly tribute concert that Robert Plant did at the Kennedy Center a couple of years ago.  I'm looking forward to the show.

Sunday Sept. 24: Swervedriver @ Teragram Ballroom.

Monday Sept. 25: Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers and Lucinda Williams @ Hollywood Bowl. I changed from Thursday to Monday's show.

Wednesday Sept. 27: Grizzly Bear @ Morrocan Lounge.

Saturday Sept. 30: Television @ Teragram Ballroom.

1 hour ago, zepscoda said:

Mind blowing or what?!?!  I loved the baritone sax!

I got the Black Angels coming up on Monday 

event-poster-8247098.jpg

They played here last night with Roky Erikson ( 13th Floor Elevators) opening  . I should've went , but im a bit cashed out at mo. I got Scorpians / Megadeth next Wed. in San Antonio , Primus in Austin on the 22nd and Gogol Bordelo on the 23rd in San Antonio.

Ya know the Black Angels are playing ACL Fest tonight and tomorrow night too. Next Fri . and Sat. as well. All "allegedly" one hour sets though. Red Hot Chili Peppers play the same dates .  

4 hours ago, greengrass said:

They played here last night with Roky Erikson ( 13th Floor Elevators) opening  . I should've went , but im a bit cashed out at mo. I got Scorpians / Megadeth next Wed. in San Antonio , Primus in Austin on the 22nd and Gogol Bordelo on the 23rd in San Antonio.

Ya know the Black Angels are playing ACL Fest tonight and tomorrow night too. Next Fri . and Sat. as well. All "allegedly" one hour sets though. Red Hot Chili Peppers play the same dates .  

Last night's set was cancelled last minute, due to illness I think. But the rest of the ACL is still on. I wish I had the cash and the time to go down there for one of the shows.... seeing I dig seeing great bands in their home town.

13 hours ago, greengrass said:

Yes, you should have went! Not only to see The Black Angels, but Roky Erikson, too! You should have used the money you spent on the tired, long past their prime Scorpions on the Black Angels instead.

I have a coin-flip decision to make. Tonight there are two shows that I want to see. Flaming Lips at the Shrine or St. Vincent doing a special show at Paramount Studio. Tough choice...hence, I may go to a flip of a coin.

Edited by Strider

13 hours ago, zepscoda said:

Last night's set was cancelled last minute, due to illness I think. But the rest of the ACL is still on. I wish I had the cash and the time to go down there for one of the shows.... seeing I dig seeing great bands in their home town.

It was cancelled , i didn't know that til just now. Theres a radio station thats streaming ACL Fest  Black Angels today at 11am CT

4 hours ago, Strider said:

Yes, you should have went! Not only to see The Black Angels, but Roky Erikson, too! You should have used the money you spent on the tired, long past their prime Scorpions on the Black Angels instead.

I have a coin-flip decision to make. Tonight there are two shows that I want to see. Flaming Lips at the Shrine or St. Vincent doing a special show at Paramount Studio. Tough choice...hence, I may go to a flip of a coin.

I'll probably see them next weekend , if i can finagle a buddys wristband .

Im not a Scorpions fan , havent been for a longtime. Im going to see Meshuggah and Megadeth .

3 hours ago, greengrass said:

I'll probably see them next weekend , if i can finagle a buddys wristband .

Im not a Scorpions fan , havent been for a longtime. Im going to see Meshuggah and Megadeth .

Megadeth should be headlining instead of those kaput Krauts.

On 10/7/2017 at 11:21 AM, greengrass said:

That's what i don't get , but its a win-win . We can leave after Megadeths final encore.

That same bill just played The Forum last Saturday. As you can guess, I did not go...went to St. Vincent's concert instead. Much better guitar player. 😏

Thursday Oct. 12: Depeche Mode @ Hollywood Bowl. Warpaint opening.

Friday Oct. 13: Father John Misty @ Greek Theatre.

Saturday Oct. 14: Hope Sandoval & The Warm Inventions @ Fonda Theatre. (Unless I decide to hit the Sparks show at the El Rey instead)

Sunday Oct. 15: Courtney Barnett & Kurt Vile @ Orpheum Theatre.

Wednesday Oct. 18: Black Angels @ Mayan Theatre.

Edited by Strider

13 hours ago, Strider said:

That same bill just played The Forum last Saturday. As you can guess, I did not go...went to St. Vincent's concert instead. Much better guitar player. 😏

Thursday Oct. 12: Depeche Mode @ Hollywood Bowl. Warpaint opening. This is the first of four nights at the Bowl. The Stones, The Cure, Tom Petty, and ELO all have done three-night-stands at the Bowl. Depeche Mode is the first band to sell out four nights at the Bowl.

Friday Oct. 13: Father John Misty @ Greek Theatre.

Saturday Oct. 14: Hope Sandoval & The Warm Inventions @ Fonda Theatre. (Unless I decide to hit the Sparks show at the El Rey instead)

26 minutes ago, ledded1 said:

The Pretenders Oct 13th - Manchester UK

Metallica Oct 28th Manchester

Kenny Wayne Shepherd Nov 1st Manchester.

And I don't even live in Manchester.

You need to get yourself to Manchester on Nov. 12 or 13 to see The War on Drugs.

afbad43281.jpg.39068dd06c148d2106ff3f23f8ac997d.jpg

On 10/11/2017 at 9:17 PM, Strider said:

Well I didnt go either, i heard it was cancered and thank goodness I didn't even have to  drive the round trip160 m / 258km. I also got my $$$dineros refund

This one right here dude , im so fucking jealous. I've seen Kurt Vile so many times here in town , but this pairing  seems so damn special to me. I hope they do more together. This show sold-out quik and if not for the Scorpions... i wouldve went to this . 

Btw... Black Angels tomorrow night , i could go tonight and see 'em ( They only go on in 50 min.) but i am totally freakin' exhausted/ knackered   yeah whatever.....

Edited by greengrass
canceled